How much is your car worth ???

Hmm... With everything done to mine, I'd say $4500 could get it from me. That's with all of the mods I have into it. The paint is the only defect on the car. Everything else is cherry. Not sure what it would get right now, but I wouldn't expect too much with the paint deteriorating the way it is...

LMAO.
Mine is not worth much right now.
I think in parts its worth more.
Trans is on its last leg, head gasket Issue.
Its a Mark with a hard 160 on the clock.
If it was rusty it would be junk yard bound.

Maybe Gman can sell it for 5k :)
:shifty:

Sounds like its time for a swap! I say go big or go home, no way I'd ever do a performance build on a 32v again. Big nasty pushrod motor!!!

I do have a 460 on the floor.
Not sure if I'm ready to do another back half.
385 series would make mince meat out of those pussy half shafts for sure.
I hear you on the 32v build.....my pockets are not deep enough right now.

I do have a 460 on the floor.
Not sure if I'm ready to do another back half.
385 series would make mince meat out of those pussy half shafts for sure.
I hear you on the 32v build.....my pockets are not deep enough right now.

A windsor should fit in there just fine..if the 91-93 tbirds and cougars had a 302 I don't see why a mark viii couldn't fit something similar..I think a stroker would be ideal and still come out under budget compared to a mod motor of similar power levels. The IRS would still be an issue however.

A windsor should fit in there just fine..if the 91-93 tbirds and cougars had a 302 I don't see why a mark viii couldn't fit something similar..I think a stroker would be ideal and still come out under budget compared to a mod motor of similar power levels. The IRS would still be an issue however.

Don't think I would bother with a push rod small block, if a 32 v fits, a 385 series will fit, go big or go home :p
The problem with going that direction is the car starts losing its street manners.

I hate to say it but a low mile c head with the right intake and a 5 speed makes more sense for a street driven car.:cool:

Wait till tomorrow when I post some pics of her all dressed up. The clean ten spokes, minor minor lowering, paint freshen up and a good detail completely transformed the car.
My good friend that sold it to me, well I owe the man some serious beers.

Don't think I would bother with a push rod small block, if a 32 v fits, a 385 series will fit, go big or go home :p
The problem with going that direction is the car starts losing its street manners.

I hate to say it but a low mile c head with the right intake and a 5 speed makes more sense for a street driven car.:cool:

And a small block windsor (302 based) is only cost effective to about 450hp, after that I will take a mod motor all day

a car is worth what it sells for, less now than in 2007....in trade I'd like to think the brown one is worth an early 70's Martin D28 in vgc; the ivory one? LOOK, A BUNNY!

I think I'd rather go big or go home in the cubic inch department than physical size of the engine..you can get way more low end torque out of a 351 or stroked 302 than a built dohc 4.6..when talking streetability a torque motor is more ideal than one you have to spin to 7,000 rpm..plenty of mustang guys out there running pushrod 500 horse engines that are still plenty streetable. Ill stand by old technology in this argument, if it still works and makes good power..why mess with it? That's why GM hasn't gone over head cam with any of their powerplants in the vette and camaro etc.. and you've all seen the success of the modern GM small block whether you'd like to admit it or not.

I think I'd rather go big or go home in the cubic inch department than physical size of the engine..you can get way more low end torque out of a 351 or stroked 302 than a built dohc 4.6..when talking streetability a torque motor is more ideal than one you have to spin to 7,000 rpm..plenty of mustang guys out there running pushrod 500 horse engines that are still plenty streetable. Ill stand by old technology in this argument, if it still works and makes good power..why mess with it? That's why GM hasn't gone over head cam with any of their powerplants in the vette and camaro etc.. and you've all seen the success of the modern GM small block whether you'd like to admit it or not.

I'm just a little confused or you are :)

The engine compartment is large enough to fit a big block.
A stroked 385 series would deliver more torque then a 4.6 can dream about.
I would not fool around with a push rod small block when a big one fits.

For a street car I would stick with a c head 4.6, plug and play its hard to beat simple.

I also could care less what GM does ;)

I'm just a little confused or you are :)

The engine compartment is large enough to fit a big block.
A stroked 385 series would deliver more torque then a 4.6 can dream about.
I would not fool around with a push rod small block when a big one fits.

For a street car I would stick with a c head 4.6, plug and play its hard to beat simple.

I also could care less what GM does ;)

Lol ok I get what you're saying, yes if you're gonna pull the 4.6 to put in an entirely different power plant might as well make it a 460 if you can get it to fit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back