How many students on here?..

T-Money

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm 22. Went to a community college after high school for 2 years but was in more of a party type of mind set. Within the 2 years I only completed the amount of courses that a student should finish in one year. I then took 2 years off and just decided to sign up for classes that start tomorrow. Nothing like last minute. Anyway I have noting else going right now so I figured why not.

How many of us are college or even high school students?

I'm a student as well. Will be graduating in May and turn 22 this month.

Best of luck T-Money!

Be graduating in May at the ripe old age of 23. Remember you mentioning you were thinking about going back to school. Better sooner than later. Good luck buddy.

I'm 23 and have a few years left. Spent 4 years at a community college, also with a party mind set lol, but did come out with a Associates in Computer Networking. I'm now at Eastern Michigan going full time working on my Business Degree in Computer Information Systems. I have about two more years to go :(

I'm 23 and have a few years left. Spent 4 years at a community college, also with a party mind set lol, but did come out with a Associates in Computer Networking. I'm now at Eastern Michigan going full time working on my Business Degree in Computer Information Systems. I have about two more years to go :(

2 isn't so bad. I have 3 years to get a bachelors. And if I make it thru all that I'm going after my masters and phd in psychology.

Starting community college this semester hopefully... 8 days left and I still have to apply for a loan and register my classes. Talk about last minute.

i'm 21 now but will be 22 in april and i'll just be graduating from my community college in may and then going on to get my bachelors in public administration or international business which will be about another 2-3 years

24 years old and graduated community college a semster ago and now im in the process of getting my bachelors in exercise science.

"recent" student here...

Graduated may 2012 at 22, with a B.S. in Business and Economics. Still unemployed :(

Working meaningless temporary jobs to feed my...lol who am I kidding?...to mod/repair my LS

I'm 22. Went to a community college after high school for 2 years but was in more of a party type of mind set. Within the 2 years I only completed the amount of courses that a student should finish in one year. I then took 2 years off and just decided to sign up for classes that start tomorrow. Nothing like last minute. Anyway I have noting else going right now so I figured why not.

Nothing wrong with that mind set. Hopefully you have made some good memories lol
You can always take 2-3 courses each summer to finish earlier.

"recent" student here...

Graduated may 2012 at 22, with a B.S. in Business and Economics. Still unemployed :(

Working meaningless temporary jobs to feed my...lol who am I kidding?...to mod/repair my LS

No Career Services to help you out with a job?

HS and College flunkie. Got a Good Enough Diploma and was on course for a double major in EE and ME. Ended up leaving college one semester short of my Associates.

I am "still on hiatus". Or so I like to believe. :)

@mlara did you do any internships while pursuing your degree in economics. That is usually the easiest way to get a job fresh out college unless you know people. Many companys are not going recent college grads because most dont have any experience in the field.

22, had to withdraw from the semester last year due to missing too many classes with my broken arm. Graduating hopefully next year, will be trying to get interships next year as well or in the summer.

Like mlara, I graduated with a Bachelor's in Business in Spring 2012. I had an internship @ a financial services company for 3 of my 4 years of college. I would be required to relocate (out of state) to be hired full-time with them, and I did not particularly like the job I would have there.

So I went unemployed for about 4 months, I applied at probably 3 or 4 places each day for those months and was on the internet for hours looking for anyone hiring.

Finally a few days before my Birthday in September a company called me for interview and a week later I had a job. I feel extremely lucky to have gotten this job and got it at the time I did. I had basically depleted all of my savings to stay afloat for those 4 months and wasn't sure college had even been worth it.

I am glad I finished, and in case you are in my position and "took time off" from college, please go back if you can - you are only this young once and the time is perfect. Think of those "older" people you see in class with all the young guns and imagine yourself in their positions with kids and FT jobs trying to stay afloat AND attend a university. Major props to them, but avoid it now instead of dealing with it later.

Brother....take it from me. I grew up in area most didn't go to college. You were just expected to work in a factory and if you made $20 an hour people thought you had it made. That's what I planned on, picked at community college classes here and there. (BTW this was early-mid 2000s not 1970)

However, then my daughter came around. Local economy was going to crap. So I decided I needed to get this done. Considering I was nearing my mid 20s I figured I needed to get it done ASAP. SO I found myself working 40-60 hours a week AND going to college full time. Killed myself and missed out on a lot of my daughters early life. BUT it was worth it. I have a better job than I could ever have imagined previously in a line of work that doesn't involve killing myself physically(and another kid). Though, if I could do it over again, I would do it when I didn't have the financial obligations. When I could have focused on just school.

All that said, and this is just my opinion....but please, please, please....think about changing your major. Psychology is one of those degrees that you can graduate with, have a ton of debt and not be able to find a job. It's not a very good degree.

Go into something business,(focus though into something like accounting, not just general business) or engineering or a specific line of medicine....something that provides actual skill/knowledge.

I just graduated in December with a Bachelor's in Public Relations. It only took me ten years to get a degree, lol. 3 years of school, then 5 in the military, then 2 more years of school. I have a job now but it pays terrible, no benefits and there is no possiblity for advancement. I send out resumes/cover letters everyday but no luck yet. My savings will be gone in a few short months so I am to the point that I will take any job that pays the bills. I really don't care if I use my degree or not. No matter what happens, I am still really glad that I finished college. Grad school in the fall if I can find a decent job.

7a067b_4080043.jpg

I started working full time the week after graduating high school as an electrician helper for summer help. It actually turned into a permanent position and now I'm in an apprenticeship program that I attend one day outta the week for four years while still getting 40+ hours a week at work. No student loan, paid for by employer.
Not sure if this is what I want to do for a living but I know for sure this is what I'll be doing for the next 6 years until my "contract" is up

I started working full time the week after graduating high school as an electrician helper for summer help. It actually turned into a permanent position and now I'm in an apprenticeship program that I attend one day outta the week for four years while still getting 40+ hours a week at work. No student loan, paid for by employer.
Not sure if this is what I want to do for a living but I know for sure this is what I'll be doing for the next 6 years until my "contract" is up

This too. An apprenticeship for a skilled trade...electrician, tool maker(BTW HUGE shortage there and approx $80k a year) are also good ideas. Shorter time in school, decent money little no debt, actual skill you can carry with you.

BTW...truck drivers right now can make 6 figures. Course you have to own your own equipment and know what you're doing. Pushing $200k isn't out of the question though.

I am currently taking online courses thru San Diego State University for a degree in construction management. I have 3 more 10 week courses left. I am 36 years old, never too late for more education

Never stop learning. That's my theory.

24, with just a few college courses.

On my 6th year in the reserves and scored a pretty awesome job.

2 isn't so bad. I have 3 years to get a bachelors. And if I make it thru all that I'm going after my masters and phd in psychology.

Nah, it isn't so bad. But I wish I had done what my girlfriend did. She went to Michigan State and got her nursing degree in 4 years flat. She out now and is definitely the money maker in our household. I dont mind it per say, but it just doesnt feel right to me. I want to be able to make the money and spoil her lol. Not the other way around...

I deliver chips to Boston College for Frito-Lay. You could say I go to college.

Graduate this year from MSU, Mechanical Engineering.. currently working for Consumers Energy, internship turned into a part time gig while in school and full time if I want it when I graduate.

Members online

Back