How many LvC members live within 2 hours...

97 Octane

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
To everyone here including the lurkers:

Q1: How many LvC Mark VIII members, that you know of,
live within a couple hours drive from where you live?

Q2: How many Mark VIII owners do you think live within an
hours drive from where you live?

A1: lvc members, none that i know of.. wait. possibly a few just over 2 hours out.
anyone is central missouri?

A2: mark viii owners, oh man. lots. i can think of 6 in the city right off the top of my head. dozen at least. i see them all the time.
my aunt has a white 97. nice blue 1st gen. beat up 2nd gen. black 1st gen. green 1st gen. very beat red 1st gen. black 2nd gen i wouldn't mind picking up for a bit of a project this summer. and so on.

Q1: Off the top of my head, 4. Laser, GMAN, Sapperfire, Mark8Murder.

Q2: Seems, I seen alot during the summer, when the kids let out for college. Now I don't see any around really. I would suspect there are quite a few a couple hours away.

A1: There are 13 members, that I know of, who are within 2
hours drive from me in Chattanooga TN.

As of this post, all have made a visit within the past 6 months. 3 are new members.

Barabbas - Clarksville TN
zmt325 - Nashville TN
ratdog442 - Nashville TN
marco - Celina TN
bluesclues - Crossville TN
warlockpain - Enville TN
stang99x - Atlanta GA
tah3j - Murfreesboro TN
95mark8 - Nashville TN
NoLimit95 - Madison AL
cadillackman - Nashville TN

John Temple
Legend1 - Atlanta GA
and Eddie Spinks
American Air-1 - Del Rio TN

A2: Not counting my 2 Marks, there are about 13 other Marks that
I see from time to time. I actually know where 4 of them live. The others I see
at a gas station and on the road. There are 3 owners with a pair of Marks.
The Silver Frost and a White Opalescent are not running at the moment. I've
only talked to two Mark8 owners. One at a chance meeting at a gas station
the other at a Mall parking lot. None are LvC members.

The best looking is the Gen 1 Deep Jewel Green. It looks like its garaged all
the time and driven only on Sundays. It looks brand new. The worse looking
one is the non-op White Opalescent. It looks like a growth farm for mold
and mildew. Frame on ground. Air suspension is toast.

Gen 1
Rose Mist
White Opalescent (2)
Deep Jewel Green
Black (2)
Silver Frost
Light Mocha
Garnet Red Glaze

Gen 2
Black
Cordovan
Opal Opalescent
Ivory Opalescent

Side note: None of the Marks above are on Speedstars! ;)

I think there are a couple members here that are quite close, though I've not met them yet.
I've met some of the people from TCCoA etc like Ed etc in the past :)

alot of us florida members are real close, there are maybe a half dozen within 2 hours of me. and at least 4 of them are an hour away or less. as far as how many owners oh man you couldnt keep track mark VIII's crawl all over florida.

A1: 0

A2: One that I'm aware of. Did a glass repair at a guy's house here in town, and saw a nice '94 base out in the driveway. Told me he'd just gotten it painted, and I told him to check out LVC. Have yet to see it on the road though. Mine is the only one I've seen anywhere around here on the roads and highways.

I have only met 1 LVC member (Kendrick) about a year and half ago he came out to see my car and my parts car. But I've met about 10 TCCOA members (most at the drag strip). A Good group and we had a good time. PS I live 2 miles from the drag strip.

close members

still pretty new at this but stlouis or evansville indiana - maybe sprinfield?? don't know of any but i bet there is some:cool:

I live in Florida, but it's where the panhandle meets the peninsula, so not too many too close that I know of.

An Hour? I don't know any and suspect there might be one.

Two Hours? That would include Gainesville, Tallahassee, and Valdosta, GA so I'm sure there are a few - I just don't know them.

A1-Not sure exactly how close but I saw a few at Englishtown and thats about 45 min from me as I'm North Central NJ.

A2- I see plenty of second Gens driving around but all with grey hair drivers. Hardly ever see a 1st Gen anymore.

alot of us florida members are real close, there are maybe a half dozen within 2 hours of me. and at least 4 of them are an hour away or less. as far as how many owners oh man you couldnt keep track mark VIII's crawl all over florida.

I think it would be interesting to know just how many were sold in Florida in comparison to the rest of the US..considering the large # or retirees who relocate..

I see a few members are located around me (central NJ). I've only met with one.
I do see a couple gen 2's and gen 1's driving around and a couple gen 1's that seem to be rotting away at gas station garages.

these are a few from my area that I see on a regular basis (that I actually spotted and took a pic of)...anybody claiming them?? had to throw in a few clean tbirds in the end too

see this guy at the car show by me alot
IMAG0466.jpg

this was my friend's dad's car and has since been sold
IMAG0364.jpg

saw this one once
6168.jpg

saw this one at a show..had to grab the spot next to him
IMAG0522.jpg

with typical chrome cobra r's
IMG952017.jpg

this things really clean..with octastars
Resampled952011-08-069517-39-06955.jpg

younger dude drives this..driven next to him a couple times and did the head nod thing lol
Resampled952011-08-109515-45-4595595.jpg

old guy drives this one, and it is spotless, I'm keeping my eye out for it if it ever pops up for sale
IMAG0807.jpg

know where this one lives..94 DJG decent shape (minus the rust)
IMAG0738.jpg

in the neighborhood close by, looks nice from what I can tell
IMAG0291-1.jpg

i've seen this guy on and off for the last 3 years..cleanest 110,000 mile tbird ive EVER seen (peeked through the window lol)
IMAG0495.jpg

always parked in this garage..92 or 93 sport 5.0 has 40K on it IIRC, clean as hell
IMAG0595.jpg

really clean 96
IMAG0287.jpg

down the street from me..this guy is a ford fanatic, ive seen mark viiis, mustangs and this bird in his driveway over the years, this was a badass car at one time but he let it turn to sh*t for some reason..i actually came across his cardomain page and aparently it had 4:10s, hub swapped (obviously), built mark viii trans, full exhaust, pi swapped etc..sounded mean
IMAG0054-1.jpg

phew..sorry long post

A1: There are 10 members, that I know of, who are within 2
hours drive from me in Chattanooga TN.

All have made a visit or post within the past 6 months. 3 are new members.

Barabbas - Clarksville TN
zmt325 - Nashville TN
ratdog442 - Nashville TN
marco - Celina TN
bluesclues - Crossville TN
warlockpain - Enville TN
stang99x - Atlanta GA
tah3j - Murfreesboro TN
95mark8 - Nashville TN

and Eddie Spinks
American Air-1 - Del Rio TN

I'm probably within 2 hours, maybe less.

Q1: How many LvC Mark VIII members, that you know of,
live within a couple hours drive from where you live?

1. Myco
2. MKVIIRIP
3. CobraStar_LS8
4. Banktakulous
5. LaserSVT
6. Sapperfire
7. Lincolnboy
8. Ervin

Q2: How many Mark VIII owners do you think live within an
hours drive from where you live?
At least 9 or 10 Mark VIII owners within an hour of me.

A ton of members in this area. There is a whole club of mark viii owners on long island.

Notable members:
DLF
LUX
onebadmark
chris something (i'm really bad with names)

There are probably a dozen within 15 minutes of my house. I know several people who are not members of this forum.

Don Pfau: You have 2 green 2nd gens that i know of. One in vass (my uncle) and one about an hour north of you. K-fan is down in Charlotte. Duck is in Fayetteville, too.

Netkeym: I have family in P-Cola. There is someone in D-funk with a nice one, and a red 2nd gen in ft walton.

Last edited:
jamie is on the west coast of fla about 3hr from here, but on the east coast s fla 6 lvc within 30 min.counting me i think, like he said they crawl around here.

Closest members 3.5-4 hrs

Mark viiis in and around me...6-7 and 2 are mine 1 is my buddies another is his buddies and a older lady that lives down the road from me has a gen 2 lsc cordovan with a chrome grille...so we know what happened

Members online

Back