How long have you owned your LS?

112 LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I consider myself a veteran, picked up my LS as a dealer car with 7k miles on it new yrs eve 2002!

As of today my LS has approx 70k miles, although the cluster says well over 100 (old one blew out when my FEM crapped out)

The car has always been around, made it into lots of pictures while sitting broke down in my driveway as I went through car after car, came close to selling it, glad I never did, and never will !

about to pull the trigger on like $500 in parts ... again....

IMG_20140928_155130415_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140928_155130415_HDR.jpg

Somewhere around 10 years on the 04 and 8 years on the 06. (give or take a few months)

10 months. How long before I fix everything?

My original 2000 is still in the family (now my daughter's); I bought it new 8/00. My wife's '06 we bought new in 12/05 and my '06 was bought in 5/09. That makes over 14 years of constant ownership.

2 years, replaced one transmission, one tire, one alternator, one fan actuator, two windows and a window actuator, spent more on repairs than I did for the vehicle but I love it

10 months. How long before I fix everything?

it's a never ending battle my friend. I'm an IT guy but owning an LS has made me into a driveway mechanic. I never even owned a wrench prior to the LS.

it's a never ending battle my friend. I'm an IT guy but owning an LS has made me into a driveway mechanic. I never even owned a wrench prior to the LS.

Depends. Considering parts age and wear out, it isn't any worse than anu other vehicle. I still maintain that most suspension issues can be the direct results of heavy/low offset aftermarket wheels.

Bought it with 80,000 a little more than 4 years ago and now its got 191,000.

Depends. Considering parts age and wear out, it isn't any worse than anu other vehicle. I still maintain that most suspension issues can be the direct results of heavy/low offset aftermarket wheels.

Never had anything but stock 17 inch OEM's on my LS.

Rough story right here:

Bought 02 lincoln v6 93k miles around give or take mint inside and out I mean flawless

Paid $3500
Insured $1200 for 6 months
Replace alternator and epoxy oil pan free my friend did it I plan to replace both but car running fine right now
Did rotors and brakes I forgot how much I paid
Need all four tires all around still to do
Still leaking anti freeze must replace resivor I don't drive car as of now like three days ago this started
Needs coils plugs and valve cover gasket it sputters in the high way
I would also like to do the fuel filter
Needs a new catylac converte for the passenger side I believe
I've owned the car for about 2 months and I just got it back for getting the alternator fix my friend fed me in the back

The engine light was. Off for a month and just about two days ago it came on I parked car in front my house and yet to take a look at it

So tell me what should I do with it? Repair it and how much you think I'm looking to put into it?

A lot right? I wake up every morning to my mother telling me to sell it lol
But he car is flawless inside and out no dents paint is about 8.8/10 and inside is mint
It rides great other than some sounds in the front which are the ball joints right lol but who cares if you dodge those holes you won't hear anything
It still has power too

Anyway what's your give or take on my situation lol

If you don't love the car, run away from it now at full speed. Seriously, maybe there are some folks who got lucky here, but I feel like my LS was built on a Monday morning, after a long holiday weekend.

If I didn't like tinkering with tools, even as much as I love the car, it would be gone by now. paying like 500% more at the dealer or shop for work on this car will kill your wallet.

you really need a backup car if you own an LS for everyday use if you ask me.

Good thing is, the LS is still an amazing looking car, is really fun to drive and parts are relatively cheap. Not to mention all the posts of information here on LVC, makes it easy.

Sounds like a lot of normal maintenance to me for a 12 year old car with close to 100K miles. The worst two things for any machine; age and wear.

Sounds like a lot of normal maintenance to me for a 12 year old car with close to 100K miles. The worst two things for any machine; age and wear.

I just sold a 96 oldsmobile LSS with the 3800 series2 motor. This was the most rock solid car I ever owned. Had 155,000k and the only thing I changed on it in 3 years were tires, fuel pressure regulator and the obvious upper intake manifold gasket for this motor. This car laughed at my LS every day I drove away lol

i love my lincoln and i will keep it until it just vanishes one day . lol sure does sound like it dose need a little work to it because it is hitting a milestone of 100k and it sure is 12 yrs old. i don't care if i have to put money into it . the ride of it is amazing and for sure parts aren't that expensive . my mechanic is good i usually use my step-farther , landlord or a another guy that owns a good small shop and he usually works on the car himself. i love my ls

Rough story right here:
It rides great other than some sounds in the front which are the ball joints right lol but who cares if you dodge those holes you won't hear anything

Worn ball joints caused my LS to randomly try to change lanes on the highway, so it could be a bigger deal than you think!

One of the other mbers here had the lower ball joint shear and cause the wheel to drag and destroy the fender. Being able to move in the joint allows the assembly to build up a lot of momentum and amplify the force on the joint.

The LS asks to be driven hard in the turns. You don't want all that extra strain when you hit a switchback and rock the car hard from one side to the other, only to have that ball joint shear and slide you into the guardrail... Or worse. Do you have time? Probably. But it's not just a matter of noise and pot hole avoidance

Bought my '03 on September 16th of 2010 with just under 49k miles. It has just a tick over 92k on it now. It's running so well, I can't see getting rid of it for another 2 or 3 years at this point. That is, if Lincoln comes out with anything else like it.

Purchased a 2000 with a manual trans in May 2003 with 37,000 now has 175,000. Rust underneath will determine how long I keep it (2-3 year unless the rust accelerates).

I bought the LS V8 Ultima in September 2005 with 3,100 miles; after 9 years of ownership, the car has now about 62,000 miles. Prior to my purchase from the Lincoln dealer it was registered as a corporate fleet vehicle.

@ ReMixedG, Sounds more like your front end noise is just the sway bar bushings... not the ball joints.

@ ReMixedG, Sounds more like your front end noise is just the sway bar bushings... not the ball joints.

thanks i was just about to post here and ask that. I've seen some people here from the past say that their sway bar bushings is what is bad ..

so the sounds that i hear may be just the sway bar bushing? i am going to look under it and see what i can see but as for now where can i get a oem set of all ball joints what not is it something like this for the ball joints?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LINCOLN-LS-...-SET-/170816164709?fits=Make:Lincoln|Model:LS

and like this for the sway bar bushings?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moog-K80246...:Lincoln|Model:LS&hash=item27ecb8d3bd&vxp=mtr

so what can that sound be every time i hit a small bump its a bit hallow like

Members online

No members online now.
Back