How long have you owned your LS?

thanks i was just about to post here and ask that. I've seen some people here from the past say that their sway bar bushings is what is bad ..

so the sounds that i hear may be just the sway bar bushing? i am going to look under it and see what i can see but as for now where can i get a oem set of all ball joints what not is it something like this for the ball joints?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LINCOLN-LS-...-SET-/170816164709?fits=Make:Lincoln|Model:LS

and like this for the sway bar bushings?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moog-K80246...:Lincoln|Model:LS&hash=item27ecb8d3bd&vxp=mtr

so what can that sound be every time i hit a small bump its a bit hallow like

I have never heard of anything positive about those Deutsche[bag] parts. If you do need control arms, go Motorcraft or Lemforder. My MC arm did not have a new ball joint nut, but my Lemforder did.

Those are sway bar end links, not the bushings you may need. Those are also for the rear. Bushings look like this

http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/jaguar-suspension-stabilizer-bar-mount-xr819697

You can get those for a direct Gen 1 V8 Sport fit. I don't remember what you have, but if you have a Gen 2 or nonsport, you can look around here

After I replaced my bushings, I still had noise. I don't remember if it got any better, but it didn't hurt (the car) to replace the bushings. I later found a loose piece of insulation/sound deadening in the passenger front fender between the wheel and door. It looked like a plastic/foam sole from a size 35 quadruple-narrow shoe. I could knock it around by banging my fist against the fender. The last piece of the puzzle was my front right upper ball joint could audibly rock around. After all 3 pieces were replaced/removed, the car stopped banging around on bumps. Now I primarily hear whatever tools I put in the trunk.

Bought in 08 with 99k, now it's at 139k

Sorry for the confusion. I bought my 2004 in 08 with 99k , now has 139k.

bought my 06 in 2010 with 49K miles. It nearly has 130K now. Normal wear items have been replaced. All with extended warranties. Car is my daily driver. I could never afford a new car with equivilent ammenities and power and if you want American style luxury/performance, those are even rarer nowadays. I plan to keep mine 3+ more years and longer if possible as it is a great road car. As others have stated, if you get out of your car and turn around to look at it, then you have the right car for you. I always take a look at my car upon exiting. Just a classy looking machine.

bought my 06 in 2010 with 49K miles. It nearly has 130K now. Normal wear items have been replaced. All with extended warranties. Car is my daily driver. I could never afford a new car with equivilent ammenities and power and if you want American style luxury/performance, those are even rarer nowadays. I plan to keep mine 3+ more years and longer if possible as it is a great road car. As others have stated, if you get out of your car and turn around to look at it, then you have the right car for you. I always take a look at my car upon exiting. Just a classy looking machine.

I can't help but everytime I get out my car infront of people but to look away and grim.

My lincoln is a chiropractor she breaks everyone's neck

I had totally forgotten who the manufacturer was of the suspension parts I last put on my LS. until I just saw someone say Deutsche(bag)

buyer beware, stay away, total junk imho

I put them on, put maybe 2k miles later of seldom driving and all the bushings exploded. Learned my lesson about cheap parts right then and there.

I think I'm going with all Moog this time.

I'm almost 100% positive these are Deutsche(BAG) parts...

IMG_20141005_130652854.jpgIMG_20141005_130713829.jpg

IMG_20141005_130652854.jpg

IMG_20141005_130713829.jpg

I bought mine in February 2012 with about 70,000 mi. I keep going back and forth on whether I want to buy a newer car. The LS is a great car, but it's definitely showing its age. Working 80 - 100 hours per week doesn't leave a lot of time to fix things myself, but even dealership maintenance is still a lot cheaper than what a newer car would cost, especially one that's comparable to the LS.

Bought my 2000 in November of 2002 with 32,000 miles on it. Now, it's at 69,000 miles.

Got mine (2004) in 2008 as it was coming off a 4 year lease and owner was trading in for another Lincoln. Been a great car and has cost minimal outside of normal wear and tear. Only starting to act up with larger issues now at +225K km.

Hello everyone,
bought my 2002 LS V8 with 32K in February 2007, for 18k... (Thought it was pretty high at the time) paid it off a year ago in february. Now i have 147K miles on it. Only major repair was the blown gasket cover in 2008.

'04 May of this year. Had a '00 a few years ago that lasted a year and half before the timing chain broke while on vacation

Members online

No members online now.
Back