How did you do your aftermarket amp installation?

This is a GREAT location for a single sub
20120509_121229.jpg

But that's just a 10" in a .8 of a cubic foot box ...hits well thou

I'm sorry, I couldn't take my eyes of your wheels :D Looks absolutley great!

Thanks guys!! I like it too! :D

Here's one other picture I was able to find. From late 2009...

I'd take a newer one, but it's raining outside. :rolleyes:

IMG_0604.jpg

+5 for going through the steering boot.

I used a 0g cable for future upgrades. For now, I am using a measly MTX monoblock amp to power a Type-R 12" Alpine sub. The box is way too small for it so I will need to get a custom one made. :(

Got the sub and amp installed today.
My father has mailed me my headunit so until then there will be no heartpounding bass :(
But hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

Took me and my mate around 8 hours to do and everything is hidden except for one wire and that's for the bass remote which I installed in the center console.
I'm happy with how it turned out :) Apart from the enormous sub box which we almost didn't even get in there.
I'm not kidding when I'm telling you I will have to take it out in pieces :D

Some pics.
20120513_122133.jpg

Ghetto install!
20120513_190617.jpg

20120513_190629.jpg

Cut a hole in the boot and put the cable through it :)
20120513_190655.jpg

And the bass remote. Although it's upside down but will do >.< Had to sacrifice my awesome cellphone cup for it :(
20120513_190708.jpg

Felt like that was the best place to put it. It's only like 2 feet from the battery.
How close should it be? o_O

The sub is extreme.
I have never experienced alot when it comes to subs but this is just insanity. How does your car still survive? Can't be healthy for the car with such sound pressure :D
Next problem, I think my extremely ugly box is abit (alot) too big for the trunk. Need to figure that out somehow.
I'll probably build a sealed box for it later on.
But for now, a pic of the monster powered by my 300w RMS amp which is for my 10" crap-sub :D It's a crap amp too but it's loud even with that. Very loud.

412362_10150841799666236_528446235_9427203_2055952551_o.jpg

have you tried it in the car? ive seen people build sub boxes for their car in the house and not try it in the car because it sounds"loud"or "good" in the house and it sounds like crappola in the car.who built box? what kind of sub is it?, what model? the box, it's ported, so what frequency is it tuned to? how big are your ports? (diameter and depth) how big are the chambers inside the box? now send me the information on the sub ( ohms, single or dual voice coils and their ohms,max power, continuous power"rms", 'q' rating,what amp are you using?is it bridged mono, or designed that way? does it have a built in crossover, and i dont care if your head unit has one are you using subwoofer outputs or rear speaker outputs on stereo? pm me if you have to, ill skype you and walk you through everything,just call.
THEGR81
:)
oh, and i was in trhe middle of something when i started typing, now its days later, but ill fix all yur stereo woes bra!
and oh, 3 ga. wire from under hood fusebox, drilled hole in firewall with proper size grommet (thats important, unless hijacking space elsewhere) with 60amp fuse 1' from source. ran through center console with remote and power wires sound, RCA, and future video went through kickpanel and doorjamb, under rear seat to amp 1600w rms.

I have always tried to keep mine within 12" to 15" and no further. I never heard of any horror stories about one being 2ft. away but have always been told to keep it within or as close to 12" as possible.

have you tried it in the car? ive seen people build sub boxes for their car in the house and not try it in the car because it sounds"loud"or "good" in the house and it sounds like crappola in the car.who built box? what kind of sub is it?, what model? the box, it's ported, so what frequency is it tuned to? how big are your ports? (diameter and depth) how big are the chambers inside the box? now send me the information on the sub ( ohms, single or dual voice coils and their ohms,max power, continuous power"rms", 'q' rating,what amp are you using?is it bridged mono, or designed that way? does it have a built in crossover, and i dont care if your head unit has one are you using subwoofer outputs or rear speaker outputs on stereo? pm me if you have to, ill skype you and walk you through everything,just call.
THEGR81
:)
oh, and i was in trhe middle of something when i started typing, now its days later, but ill fix all yur stereo woes bra!
and oh, 3 ga. wire from under hood fusebox, drilled hole in firewall with proper size grommet (thats important, unless hijacking space elsewhere) with 60amp fuse 1' from source. ran through center console with remote and power wires sound, RCA, and future video went through kickpanel and doorjamb, under rear seat to amp 1600w rms.
Hey!
The box is built by the guy I bought the sub from. I have no idea how it's built at all, it's just temporary. When I'm back home (studying 600 miles from home) I'll build a sealed box after the recommenations from JL. The sub is a JL 12w7.
I ran the power cable from the battery, around the power brake thingy, in through the steering boot (cut a small hole) then down the kickpanel, all the way to the backseat and just under the backseat and in to the trunk. Easy as hell when you know how to do it :)
Did the same way on the passenger side when I did all of the signal wiring.
The only thing I'm worried about at the moment is the tuning of the amp. I'm unsure of how to do it because it simply says turn the "input level control" until you hear distortion and then back abit. But I don't even know how distortion sounds like in a sub o_O

The chance Of it being a problem is slim, but closer to the battery, the better.

I have always tried to keep mine within 12" to 15" and no further. I never heard of any horror stories about one being 2ft. away but have always been told to keep it within or as close to 12" as possible.

Oh well, I'm happy with the location and time will tell if the car turns into a bonfire. That would give me an excuse for buying a gen 2 ;)
Nah but I think (atleast I hope) it will be okay because I was really satisfied with the location of the fuse :)

I ran the power cable from the battery, around the power brake thingy, in through the steering boot (cut a small hole) then down the kickpanel, all the way to the backseat and just under the backseat and in to the trunk. Easy as hell when you know how to do it :)

that's exactly what i did. i agree, easy.

Also a plus for fixing with an american car, easy to take the interior apart :D If it were lets say a Maybach I think i would after 8 hours maybe gotten the center console out or something like that ...

Members online

No members online now.
Back