Hiney Brothers Sub Frame Connectors

Do you think making them this way would reduce the amount they will stiffen the car?

Probably quite a bit man. I'm not too fond of welding them inbut, I have to do something to hold this body together when the new motor and tranny go in.

Mike

You could go that way, and I considered a nice race type setup with Heim ends and such , but i nixed it because I didn't want to hear any rattles, or worry about retightening fasteners over time. Other folks have bolt ins and have no problems, just a matter of preference. Just have to make sure that you have enough wall on the tubing.

Sounds good to me....

Looking on my rack most of my metal is either .125" or .25".... but the .25" would be a little heavy...

So what's the word on these? Working well? New additions with comments taken into account? (tubular, ramped front, removeable?)

Right now they are sleeping for the winter. I am not going to ramp them until I have to remove them, so who knows how long that will be. As far as working they are doing their job as are the rest of the stiffeners that we added.

I was lookin for info as far as an improved model being designed. You said earlier in the thread that tubular connectors were likely to be their updated models... I was wondering if you'd heard anything about that and and any final design changes.

I drew out a plan for my connectors, but I made them so they can be unbolted so you can get the tank out.

Do you think making them this way would reduce the amount they will stiffen the car?

How about a setup using dual sleeves and grade 8 bolts and washers on both ends to allow you to pull the bracing but the contact points are still welded???

It's a crude drawing I know but it's the best I had at the moment.

frame supports.JPG

I talked to the "Brothers" and they are off on a bender in the Florida Keys and said they will get to thinkin about something come late spring when Lake Erie thaws.

That must be one strong spray paint can to support the weight of your car in picture three! ;)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back