Hiney Brothers Sub Frame Connectors

Roadboss

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Betcha and Kissma just sent these in and we installed them today. Wow what a difference, makes me feel like a teenager again. LOL

Img_0491A.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

What????????????????????????????????/

what? where? when? how much?
FLY

I have at my disposal Dr. Sawzall who will assist in the extraction. I took the gamble as all is new in the rear, pump, drive shaft, bushings, stiffener braces etc. The next generation will be tubular.

I think I would have added a slant on the front edge, kinda like a skid-plate, that way it wouldn't come to a sudden stop if it got caught on something. I know you probably don't drive it that much but $hit happens and it could really mess some stuff up!

++ on the 2 good suggestions I will have to pass these on to Kissma for the next set.

It wouldn't be as stiff initially.. but you could also build them so the front is telescopic with keeper pins so it can slide out, and instead of welding it to the subframe you could weld a plate to the subframe with something like a 1/8" bolting flange, use grade 8 bolts, and then you'd be able to easily access anything above the tank.

I doubt demand is high though, and a saw will always work. :)

It looks good. My car's just too low or I'd build something similar. When I pull into the car wash I always have two wheels off the ground.. pretty bad, I know..

I'd love some support there. I'd cut through the floor without a second thought but the gas tank is the main problem. Can't weld a channel very well into plastic.

I should figure something out though. I just don't have the clearance. Any suggestions?? No, I won't raise the car.. :D

Relocate the fuel storage into a fuel cell in the trunk spare tire well. Then you will also have room for the Twin Turbos.

well....i'm sure this is a stupid question,but i'll never know if i don't ask,right??

Are those connectors solid or hallow inside? sorry fellas...i just don't know

Do you know how much they would weigh if they were solid??

After reviewing the pictures I'm curious who did the booger weld attaching them to the mark...

nope,no idea how much....

Lol. Too much to be feasable. You're prob too low to have them anyways. I know I am, otherwise I'd have some type of brace.

After reviewing the pictures I'm curious who did the booger weld attaching them to the mark...

Yeah, looks like either bad ground or welding through paint. Which is a bad ground too I guess. Lol.

I better go get started on those twin turbos.

You think that's bad, wait till you get as old as dirt and try that stuff. I dare you to take it off.

The gen ll ones will fix that little problem as they are going to be bonded Carbon Fiber.:cool:

Lol. They're prob not as bad as they look , and hey, at least you're doing your own work right?! I'm sure they do the job just as well.

Nice setup Roadboss with these and the rest of the braces :)
I need a set too, I jacked the front of the car up the past few days and it's hard to open the doors, lol... Shows how much flex there is in the body ;)

Yea that's why we do what we do. I wanted to be sure we preserved all the pretty lines of the car and not have all the body panel fit problems in the future. Nothing like getting three wheels off the ground when jacking the car up, and the handling is also enhanced.

I drew out a plan for my connectors, but I made them so they can be unbolted so you can get the tank out.

Do you think making them this way would reduce the amount they will stiffen the car?

Members online

No members online now.
Back