HID Solutions...mafioso's phone #

crownvicjim

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I am ready to order some low beams and i cant find his number on his profile or in a google search(or a lvc search either).Anyone know how to contact other than email? kk?

Thanks in advance.

he's sick isnt he? if i know how to read correctly he was ill and thats why he isnt on here much or taking calls. people do get ill!

I actually just remembered that he has my Factory repair manuals. If anyone hears from him, let me know.

Not a big deal, just needing them back.

Hey, new member here. I'm currently looking at buying a 96 non-LSC MKVIII badly in need of a headlight refresh.

Is this mafioso member the guy to go to for HID replacements?

I've read the long and well documented thread about headlight restoration and upgrading but I still have a few questions. Is it wise to just replace the low beams with HIDs? That seems to be the route most people here have gone for. My plan so far upon purchasing the car is to order a decent 6000k HID kit from Ebay, sand and finish the outside of the headlight (can't risk cutting the unit open), then installing the HID kit on the low beam side and maybe pulling the LO/HI mod where both lights stay on when you flip to high. Am I missing any steps? Any pertinent info a noob should know to help guide a purchasing decision?

Thanks. Does anyone else work for him or is there another way to get ahold of his company? i really want to order those lights today!!!! I look up HID Solutions on the net and it shows them in california not texas so i dont know if its the same place? and there is no phone # listed there.... ?????

18178320390 is the number I was trying to reach him at. Please update this post if you do speak with him. I needed some adaptor rings off him. I hope he is in good health!

Try this #?

hids-front.jpg

ok anybody have a set they will sell to me and overnight??? lol. I'm taking a trip tomorrow and dont want the ride home to get "complicated". Thats what i get for waiting till the last minute.... sounds like noone has really heard from him for a bit. :q:q:q:qty.

Is this mafioso member the guy to go to for HID replacements?

Yes. He has some health issues and that is most likely why he is not around at the moment. Usually he is quick to follow up.

I've read the long and well documented thread about headlight restoration and upgrading but I still have a few questions. Is it wise to just replace the low beams with HIDs? That seems to be the route most people here have gone for. My plan so far upon purchasing the car is to order a decent 6000k HID kit from Ebay, sand and finish the outside of the headlight (can't risk cutting the unit open), then installing the HID kit on the low beam side and maybe pulling the LO/HI mod where both lights stay on when you flip to high. Am I missing any steps? Any pertinent info a noob should know to help guide a purchasing decision?

The real problem is the reflector started to peel and the light doesn't get projected out from the housing. HIDs will only help to a degree. The worse your housings are the less an HID kit will help. If you open up the housings and refinish the reflector(or buy new ones) it will make a big difference. And then you can add an HID kit to that.

You can find 9005 Style HID kits all day long on E-bay or other sites. Why don't you go that route if your in a hurry?

You can find 9005 Style HID kits all day long on E-bay or other sites. Why don't you go that route if your in a hurry?

Because i dont know anything about their fit and finish. I heard that mafioso's kit had all the bugs worked out of it and people on here said it was quality. I WANT IT TO WORK. other than that, if i knew another company or set would work for sure.....i'd do it right now!

There was another member on this site that did kits, haven't seen him post inawhile, I think he sold his Mark VIII... but he has his own site and still sells the kits on ebay if im not mistaken...

send me your headlights and i will restore them and install an hid kit and give you the directions on how to hook them up. plug and play kits with one modification to the multifunction switch and your done.

send me your headlights and i will restore them and install an hid kit and give you the directions on how to hook them up. plug and play kits with one modification to the multifunction switch and your done.

give me a shout. 715-699-2226.

sorry didnt see this when it posted came up in a search for something else anyway the point is you can not buy any lights from him some little snot nosed brat got in an accident with his HIDs on his car and now california is fining him massive amounts of money he is fighting it of course cause he has never made it a secret that they are not street legal its even in the instal instructions but they are saying it is not on the box so he is not selling any of them till all that is fixed have not talked to him recently but that was the last i heard from him

sorry didnt see this when it posted came up in a search for something else anyway the point is you can not buy any lights from him some little snot nosed brat got in an accident with his HIDs on his car and now california is fining him massive amounts of money he is fighting it of course cause he has never made it a secret that they are not street legal its even in the instal instructions but they are saying it is not on the box so he is not selling any of them till all that is fixed have not talked to him recently but that was the last i heard from him

WTF...........lets find the brat and beat him up!!!!!! :mad:

Wow! That sucks! Damn, he'll need to put moron disclaimers on the box!

Hmmm... Won't it be up to the silly brat to prove that mafioso's lights were the cause of his 'accident'? - don't think he'd get very far with his suit, if that's the case. (I hope he gets nothing and ends up with a bunch of legal fees)

ya it sucks he seemed pretty bumed about it the sad thing is i have stock ones in my 98 not even looking at a kit and knew they were not legal but still the best ones out there saw them on krackers car "so hot want to touch the hieny" lol anyway dont know how long he will be out of business on them i know he wants to sell them again but all the other stuff has to be sorted

Wow! That sucks! Damn, he'll need to put moron disclaimers on the box!

Hmmm... Won't it be up to the silly brat to prove that mafioso's lights were the cause of his 'accident'? - don't think he'd get very far with his suit, if that's the case. (I hope he gets nothing and ends up with a bunch of legal fees)

the state is who is after him not the kid and the boxes are part of whats being changed

Members online

Back