HHO Gas Hybrid Systems

CrackerJack

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anybody really look into these kits? I watched a video on Streetfire and saw a guy install one of these kits for a friends truck. I read the whole webpage and looked into the technical specs and it all comes out fine!

The only engines that do not work with this system are Ford Powerstrokes. They use a pre-ignition chamber to start igniting the gas before its compressed by the piston for easy ignitions.

As far as how its set up, basically you run electricity through some water, it creates a Hydrogen/Oxygen gas called HHO. This is then run to the intake as a GAS before the MAF. This gas burns 10x faster than gas, fully igniting the gas in the cylinder, also reducing the amount of gasoline needed to run. There really is no performance increase because of this, its mainly used as a gas "replacement" if you will. The only thing I can really think of thats like wtf is when the HHO gas is burned it turns back into water "cleaning the gunk and sludge from your engine" Wouldnt it also screw with the cats? There are a few questions pertaining to the complexity that is the Lincoln LS. Im sure this would greatly help highway mileage! We have plenty of power running highway, if we cut out about 50% of the gas and replace it with a cleaner burning substance we could see 30, 35 maybe 40 MPG Highway.

Most of the systems I saw were for more "basic" vehicles, work vans (E350, Chevy Express 2500) trucks (F150, etc) and even on a prius. Im going to talk to my parents about this, its a fairly simple system that I could install myself rather quickly, (usually about an hour or 2) and I may get a system for my Ranger. Since all its computer knows is "Suck in gas, burn it, suck in more" it should help out.

What do you guys think of this? I dont know if I really want to try this with the LS, but if it DID work, the LS's computer is very smart, and would probably adapt very well, or just complete ignore the gas and pump regular amounts of fuel and f*ck it all up. A ranger though? Hell yeah.

SOURCE
http://www.hybridwaterpower.com/

Anybody really look into these kits? I watched a video on Streetfire and saw a guy install one of these kits for a friends truck. I read the whole webpage and looked into the technical specs and it all comes out fine!

The only engines that do not work with this system are Ford Powerstrokes. They use a pre-ignition chamber to start igniting the gas before its compressed by the piston for easy ignitions.

As far as how its set up, basically you run electricity through some water, it creates a Hydrogen/Oxygen gas called HHO. This is then run to the intake as a GAS before the MAF. This gas burns 10x faster than gas, fully igniting the gas in the cylinder, also reducing the amount of gasoline needed to run. There really is no performance increase because of this, its mainly used as a gas "replacement" if you will. The only thing I can really think of thats like wtf is when the HHO gas is burned it turns back into water "cleaning the gunk and sludge from your engine" Wouldnt it also screw with the cats? There are a few questions pertaining to the complexity that is the Lincoln LS. Im sure this would greatly help highway mileage! We have plenty of power running highway, if we cut out about 50% of the gas and replace it with a cleaner burning substance we could see 30, 35 maybe 40 MPG Highway.

Most of the systems I saw were for more "basic" vehicles, work vans (E350, Chevy Express 2500) trucks (F150, etc) and even on a prius. Im going to talk to my parents about this, its a fairly simple system that I could install myself rather quickly, (usually about an hour or 2) and I may get a system for my Ranger. Since all its computer knows is "Suck in gas, burn it, suck in more" it should help out.

What do you guys think of this? I dont know if I really want to try this with the LS, but if it DID work, the LS's computer is very smart, and would probably adapt very well, or just complete ignore the gas and pump regular amounts of fuel and f*ck it all up. A ranger though? Hell yeah.

SOURCE
http://www.hybridwaterpower.com/

If only! Its snake oil! Find someone that actually tried it and you'll find that its snake oil.

It takes more energy to generate the HHO than it produces.
Pre igniting the air fuel mixture with this gas will not do anything significant to extract more power from the mix.
If it worked it would be in every car by now.

I have to admit... I like the sarcasm of whoever wrote that page on the website lol

If it worked it would be in every car by now.

I don't think that's exactly true... I've heard of small operations where some guys made a car, I think back in the 70's or so, that got an insane amount of MPG (for the time) on just gasoline. The government bought 'em out and shut 'em down. Kind of like what Ford did to DeLorean.

You really think its snake oil? Everything Ive been reading on this has been coming up positive. Im going to check out a forum called EcoModder and see if anything is there to go by...

Included in your breakthrough kit......

I am thinking this statement has a lot to do with these claims.

The O2 Sensor Mini-Computer - This breakthrough device teaches your car's computer how to utilize the new Hybrid Hydrogen Fuel that you are making. Without this technology saving gas is next to impossible!

I am curious about the mini computer. I assume this is something you have to build yourself. One problem I see is the current fuel burn algorithm programmed in your cars ECM has various "windows" of activity that are constantly monitored and fuel consumption is adjusted accordingly. Hence bad 02 sensors usually create problems for the catalytic converter.

SO, by modifying the return resistance on the 02 sensor you could actually "trick" your ECM into thinking its allowing too much fuel into the system. The ECM would compensate and lower the injector pulse width to decrease fuel presented. And presto-change-o, instant fuel savings.

And while you are scratching your head saying "my car runs like a dog" you are in fact saving money on fuel cost.

You really think its snake oil? Everything Ive been reading on this has been coming up positive. Im going to check out a forum called EcoModder and see if anything is there to go by...

Yes, it absolutely is a fraud.

:rolleyes: You actually think Ford bought delorean because it was some kinda wonder car?:rolleyes:

I am thinking this statement has a lot to do with these claims.

SO, by modifying the return resistance on the 02 sensor you could actually "trick" your ECM into thinking its allowing too much fuel into the system. The ECM would compensate and lower the injector pulse width to decrease fuel presented. And presto-change-o, instant fuel savings.

this is completely over-simplified. Running lean, while may save gas it the only sure-fire way to destroy your engine. Engineers squeeze out nearly every ounce of fuel savings (at the expense of performance at times).

You cannot simply decide to run the engine with less fuel.

I don't think that's exactly true... I've heard of small operations where some guys made a car, I think back in the 70's or so, that got an insane amount of MPG (for the time) on just gasoline. The government bought 'em out and shut 'em down. Kind of like what Ford did to DeLorean.

Urban myth about the miracle car/carburetor, some people just love a government conspiracy story.

DeLorean could not get all of the third party production parts together at the same time, and transferring design car into production car. He had a great looking auto that was under powered and could not bring to market for the predicated price. He was shut down when he tried to buy a large amount of cocaine to get into the drug business to finance his under capitalized auto venture.

Hence the term "I drive a snowmobile". I used to work for an independant shop that specialized in those pieces of shat. The only good one I ever drove had a turbo, but it wouldn't stop breaking subframes and mounting bolts.

The only conspiracy of this type I know is factual is how Goodyear put the street cars out of business in LA way back when. I don't remember the specifics......

GUARANTEED it would be in every car. EVERY manufacturer does everything they can to eek out every foot of MPG they can. That's why the '00-'02 LSes start in 2nd in SST mode. That got Lincoln a whopping ONE mpg better than starting in 1st, thus avoiding the gas-guzzler tax.

Urban myth about the miracle car/carburetor, some people just love a government conspiracy story.

I have also heard rumors of oil companies having a controlling interest in how fuel efficient (or more importantly, lack thereof) auto manufacturers make their vehicles. Of course, that's all just backyard fence talk.

I thought that was GM that bought the street cars?

IIRC, Goodyear bought the system, then shut it down. That's if I remember what my dad told me years ago. He grew up in what is now South Central LA (can't go there now!). LA is completely different today than it was in the 40's!

I didn't say the DeLorean was a wonder car... I was just saying they got shut down in a similar manner... I think it had something to do with the stainless steel design as far as the delorean goes..

But what ever happened to these? 111111.jpg

111111.jpg

Gasoline (or any other fuel) has a certain amount of energy available based on it's molecular make-up. Since there isn't anywhere near enough energy available, even at 100% efficiency, to power a car for 100 miles, the old super efficient carburetor story can't possibly be true. You simply can't have what's not there in the first place.
KS

Gasoline (or any other fuel) has a certain amount of energy available based on it's molecular make-up. Since there isn't anywhere near enough energy available, even at 100% efficiency, to power a car for 100 miles, the old super efficient carburetor story can't possibly be true. You simply can't have what's not there in the first place.
KS

Actually, that's not nearly true. There's no way to get 100 MPG, decent acceleration, decent safety, and decent comfort. However, if you are willing to compromise on some of that, apparently, you can get up to 1800 MPG.

http://green.autoblog.com/2006/06/07/supermileage-competition-begins-tomorrow-mpg-to-beat-is-1836/

I do agree that the 100 MPG carburetor on a normal car stories are all complete bunk.

I think it had something to do with the stainless steel design as far as the delorean goes..

One of the biggest things people do not know about the De-Lorean is that the car body was made out of fiberglass. The stainless steel panels were actually glued to the fiberglass and was no more than aesthetics, the frame however was constructed from stainless.

My brother and a friend and I messed around with the HHO/browns gas system on a Nissan maxima when gas was around $4 a gallon.

A few of the tricks we installed was to use the oxygen sensor extensions to put the sensor out of the exhaust stream so it would react slower to changes and used the MAP sensor signal modifier to lean the car way out. This actually increased the car almost 4 MPG on average.

The hydrogen generator didn't do anything whether it was hooked up or not though and the car was really sluggish, go figure. But like some of you said it could trash an engine when too lean. It was worth a try to satisfy our curiosity whether it worked or not.

What frame? , last time I checked they were unibody cars and only had a subframe to hold the engine and tranny. And that was made from regular old steel. I actually removed one once because the customer wanted it galvanized so the car would last forever.

Members online

Back