Headlight ram air for Th Mark

isaiah3g

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
After thinking and planning and pondering on how I would be able to make a ram air setup through one of my spare headlights I've finally figured it out.
I've taken the spare header panel and cut into it as well as a small portion of the radiator support.

Then began to cut into the headlight while trying to keep it at a minimum. I've managed to keep the bright light in tact and able to hook it up but completely lost the low beam section.

This setup is for going to shows (which I do often) and for the track (which I will start) I did it more for the 'Ooh-ahh' factor and I enjoy telling people when they ask that I DO the work MYSELF to my car.

I don't know if this link will work,but I'll give it a shot. I tried photobucket (a member here said he often uses it) with the iPhone but time after time it won't allow the authentication to go thru.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/26622118@N03/5255787710/

make sure you put some sort of deflector in there that way if it rains your not sucking up water in the intake.

That's def on my plAns. I have to make a shroud around the filter so the inside cuts and openings aren't exposed when I polish the headlight. Did the link work for ya?
I'm loading more pics up.
Living in the country with edge service is GREAT!

Ok this sucks. I don't know how to fix it. I am uploading them all to my Facebook Mark VIII album. Add me as a friend,name is Isaiah Gibbs.

Alright they are loaded. It's actually in the Lincoln Mark VIII.
Sorry but it's the only way I knew how to do it. Nothing else would work.

this syclone did it better

:p

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0611gm_1991_gmc_syclone/index.html

0611gm_01_z+1991_gmc_syclone+.jpg

Get a photobucket account so we can all see! I have no idea what it looks like.

Thanks for all of the compliments guys,I will try to bring my laptop to work so I can hook up to the wireless and post pics up that way. I'm usin my iPhone and some reason photobucket will not finalize the authentication. Thanks steve jobs for ignoring flas player.

If you have a baffle box you dont have to worry about rain too much. Basically the same box that the often removed snorkel is part of. In essence you have the intake tube, then a large chamber that restricts back to a tube. Pretty simple.

Looks interesting though. But the bumper will deflect air, so this will be a little less effective than putting one on the bumper cover outer edge.

FINALLY got photobucket to work. I uploaded as many pics as I took during the build.
When I do something like this its usually full throttle till I get as far as I can.
User name is isaiah3g

i have mixed feelings about this setup. isure the intake is probably getting more air then before, probably a lot more air, but do you notice any difference in performance? our cars breath pretty well as is.

As I've said before....it's because I like to play and build things,the appreciation that enthusiasts give to a 21 year old like me,and for car shows and the track. I have not yet tested this because I'm not completely done.

I've heard and read before that for every 70° you lose 10 hp. Not sure how solid that info is but I know I'm catching cooler air than inside the engine bay.

Members online

Back