harder better faster stronger

dnce0589

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
OK guys im taking all opinions on how to make my v6 2000 ls faster i want at least 300 hp and the first thing im thinking of modding is the exhaust i know it wont increase power much if at all but i want that rumble it sounds so sexy

Add a turbo kit. You can find those on eBay specifically for the LS - +45hp

Then, add a TransformerTech Supercharger kit, also available on eBay for the LS - +55hp.

Also, look into those mini rocket engines. I hear they add over 100hp.

The only way a v6 ls can be fast is if its on a trailer being pulled by a faster car. like a Mark VIII :)

Throw a tune and a 100 shot at it and call it a day.

2s91yzpjpg.gif

OK guys im taking all opinions on how to make my v6 2000 ls faster i want at least 300 hp and the first thing im thinking of modding is the exhaust i know it wont increase power much if at all but i want that rumble it sounds so sexy

it can be done, but everything you'll need to do it will be custom made and expensive. Awhile ago some one posted picks of a hugley modified AJ-V8 so I know even those engines can be modified extensivley.

Check out Nelson Racing Engines, they make custom go-fast parts for engines that other companies won't or can't make. Again it will be expensive. they may even be able to make you a stroker kit and custom milled cams which will help out a lot. Then a port and polish and stronger larger valves.

By the time you do that you can then add the nitrous and know the engine can handle it. Or a supercharger running high boost scince you would then have, most likely forged internals.

The duratch 30 likes boost, but doesn't have a good reputation with nitrous so I'd steer clear of that. So seriously, a turbo is the only way to go. This engine is good to well over 500HP with different pistons. 300HP with these pistons is fine as long as your engine is in good stage 0 condition.

Stop worrying about HP and worry more about putting a sentence together which has the correct use of periods, commas, and capital letters. Just sayin...

That's what she said!! ( Commenting on the Thread topic to those slow individuals..)

Get a turbo if you're serious about it. If not, buy something else so you get there easier, or something that is already there.

you're asking for nearly 50% increase over stock hp. It's doable - but unless you are looking for a custom project and wanting to spend tons of money on that car - it make no sense - to end up with a V6 that is the same as the stock v8.
Everyone here with a stock v8 is complaining about the lack of power, and you would have spent $$$ just to get that slow.

Members online

No members online now.
Back