Halogen or HID headlight? .... PICS

I just hope she didn't know the difference, and this all can be resolved peacefully :)

I know Short cut me a brake back when i sold her my wheels. She found a bit of pitting on them that i had not noticed...frankly i didnt even know what pitting was at the time. And she never even complained, just made me aware of of the fact.

So idk, i hope this is all just a misunderstanding.

Hard to overlook a broken tab like that. Unfortunately it is fraud; what we do not know is at what step in the process it occurred.

If you have time on your side, it seems as if we have hit a albeit small, but recent trend of finding oem hid's at very good prices. Actually, the left one that I posted a pic of Sunday night has pretty much sold(unless something fell through for that member after we last spoke yesterday morning). Grafted, it is not the norm that they do appear but hey, cannot hurt to hit Craiglsist and eBay hard yourself and patrol the Craiglist thread here damn near daily to see what comes up.

I have a set of gen 2 Halogens(already refinished by Manoli) but they are on hold for another solid member til October or so. If his plans change before then, I will reach out or you can pm me. Up front, I have $450 in them. Not looking to get every penny back because I understand the value of making a sale and also helping a member(never know when I will need a favor) but my asking price will be one that should make them easily worth purchasing.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=2037217381&postcount=24

So manoli, did you refinish a light with a glued tab recently?

Im so confused now!!! someone cliff note this before it gets to complicated LOL

I just hope she didn't know the difference, and this all can be resolved peacefully :)

So idk, i hope this is all just a misunderstanding.

I hope so as well... I hope she just seen HID on the shell and figured it was an HID light. Hope she sees that error and resolves this with no hard feelings.

I decided to take an early break to hopefully get this resolved fast so I can continue my search.

Pics that were requested coming right now

71506F10-C27B-451E-9648-70FE0CE34821-1280-000000B11510703A.gif

3E8624BF-4249-4B49-9ECA-FFAEDE55B75A-1280-000000B11A71777D.gif

41953A05-34B6-4D27-A929-905AE2584433-1280-000000B12032AA26.gif

9016A3FB-3D67-44D4-B04D-452B4BB51894-1280-000000B125DDDF61.gif

2D9D52F3-679C-45B6-A745-C8570564EC37-1280-000000B12C359735.gif

99759966-9D03-465F-9C80-D43C1040878F-1280-000000B1315AD389.gif

2CC5698D-9544-431C-A825-882F321E84F8-1280-000000B136B79CA4.gif

5C017A56-C8E7-4C7D-8D25-5DAF534627BC-1280-000000B13BFE03B8.gif

04B4D0B5-9F82-4575-AF85-F9E40ADF3D6D-1280-000000B14134C177.gif

38969355-3B3A-4440-A169-5F986C1C838C-1280-000000B146B47F30.gif

217B18EC-2366-4CD5-9D76-9C50437D9238-1280-000000B14C18D471.gif

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=2037217381&postcount=24

So manoli, did you refinish a light with a glued tab recently?

Negative I have not, the headlights that were sent back to Marccredd were all intact except for a HID headlight that already had a cracked tab but was not the tab that is pictured.

I dought that Marc has anything to with this I have dealt with Marc on many occasions and have had nothing but good transactions.

I really do hope this issue is resolved between the two people seems to be a lot of shady buisness going on here on LVC tsk tsk people!

Maybe short did not know the diffrence between HID and halogen?

Hinzy shame on you for not asking for pics! I hope you get your money back it's shame this happens in a community like this were we are supposed to look out for each other not screw with each other.

Negative I have not, the headlights that were sent back to Marccredd were all intact except for a HID headlight that already had a cracked tab but was not the tab that is pictured.

I dought that Marc has anything to with this I have dealt with Marc on many occasions and have had nothing but good transactions.

I don't think marc had anything to do with it either... I actually purchased a driver side HID from him and it showed up with busted tab. Probably the same one you are referring to as being cracked. He refunded my money and I sent it back to him.

He was a stand up guy and quick to respond to all my questions.

Ah so that must have been what the post I dug out of that thread was referring to.

Per hinzy's photos - he mistakenly bought the headlight in the OP and is trying to say Short sent him this one, thus keeping the HID Short sent, and using a random halogen for the photos.

OR

Short did not know what an HID was (hard to believe considering she has them), additionally she thought she had a passenger light back in June and did not notice the tab was glued, or just did not denote said condition.

What is intriguing, is she posted in this thread already saying with authority that the light in the OP was not the one she sent.

So basically we patiently wait to see if Short has any photos of the HID light she sold hinzy. If not, it is going to get awkwardddddd.

I don't think marc had anything to do with it either... I actually purchased a driver side HID from him and it showed up with busted tab. Probably the same one you are referring to as being cracked. He refunded my money and I sent it back to him.

He was a stand up guy and quick to respond to all my questions.
Most likely the same one.
Ah so that must have been what the post I dug out of that thread was referring to.

So basically we patiently wait to see if Short has any photos of the HID light she sold hinzy. If not, it is going to get awkwardddddd.

I would have to say Short is looking pretty guilty right know, Hinzy didn't you text her as well with no response?

I would have to say Short is looking pretty guilty right know, Hinzy didn't you text her as well with no response?

She replied last night, has not responded or messaged me at all today except what she posted in this thread.

Lmao! Beat me to it..

I want to see what Mr. Marcredd will have to say - he just backed out of the deal and "let" hinzy have it. :rolleyes:

Okay....let's dig off into this one.

1) I bought a set of gen 2 Halogens in the Spring from Manoli because he had just about given up on his conversion. Purchase price: $450

2) In the late Spring / Early summer, the HID's that Hinzy found on Craigslist came up and he helped me get in touch with the seller and I purchased them.

3) Those HID's sat all summer because they needed refinished.

4) Did my conversion in August but as pics show, I was using the gen 2 Halogens from Manoli.

5) Rell and I made an arrangement for him to purchase the Halogens in October after his life settled back down from the costs associated with the wedding.

6) Enter Manoli.....he finally found the coveted rear lower valance so he reached out to me to see if I had interest in selling him the gen 2 Halogens back because his conversion was again a green light. I told him that I had a standing agreement in place with Rell but would reach out to Rell before working ANYTHING out with him. In the meantime, Manoli purchased a driver's side HID(which for some reason in my head I forgot and thought was a passenger side.....this is VERY important once everyone reads on)

7) Next, in late Sept, Rell and I spoke by text and I told him I had "someone" who had interest in the Halogens. Rell gave his blessing for me to sell them. Rell can confirm this.

8) Manoli and I then worked out a deal for the Halogens. In lieu of some cash, I got a McLaren and the HID he had(again.....in my head I thought it was a passenger side). Also, as part of that agreement, Manoli refinished my super low price, Hinzy assisted, Craigslist HID's.

So....with that outlined, my intent was to purchase what I thought was a driver's side HID from Short based on pics from her FB. Granted, in looking at those pics again they do not show the high voltage sticker but I know Short to be a straight up seller so I took her at her word that the pics were indeed that of an HID.

Now....when the conversation came up in the other thread of Hinzy needing a driver's side HID, I knew he had helped me on the HID set I purchased so I did feel as if I was doing him favor(in return of him helping me with the low priced HID's) in working out a deal with Short. If you look at my post though, I did state if they could not work out something I wanted to buy it(again, based on my belief what she had was a driver's HID). That is why I had interest in what Short had also. Hinzy and Short had been in contact and from what I understood could not come to an agreement on a price. Once I learned(by opening the shipment when it came) that the light from Manoli was a Driver's side, I reached out to Hinzy and told him I had one and he and I negotiated a price. As I was boxing up the light to send to him, I noticed the crack in the mounting tab Manoli referenced about but did not see it until the last minute. I used JB weld to repair it and sent it on out.

My mistake to Hinzy, which has been apologized for, was not communicating what I found(crack) at the last minute before I shipped it to him. However, once Hinzy received the HID and saw the bad tab, he reached out to me by email with his concerns and after a brief back and forth email, had a refund of all of his money(minus the paypal fees we both lost on) within 30 minutes. He and I never discussed any partial refund of the agreed upon price as he requested a full refund

Hinzy please feel free to confirm that there were ZERO issues getting your refund from me.

My shipment of the HID is due back tomorrow. Once it arrives, I will be MORE THAN HAPPY to take a pic of not only the HID's Manoli refinished that are currently on my car, but the driver's side HID Hinzy has returned.

It seems that after that Hinzy reached back out to Short after our business was through and this is where things lie BETWEEN THEM at this moment.

As for you M4rK, I don't know what your personal issue seems to be with me but again, nice try at whatever it was you were trying.

The light posted is Halogen and not HID. The only dispute here is whether short sent you that light or another. I cant take sides right now but so far everything looks to be pointing towards a mistake by the seller and the buyer needs to be refunded.

Mistakes happen, its what you do to fix them that sets you apart from others on this forum.

And again, based on what conversations I have had with Short on numerous occasions, she seems like a stand up member. If there is an error on her part, it is indeed for her to make right with Hinzy and I would believe she would.

Past that members, I do not know what else to say except I hope the two members involved get it worked out.

So....with that outlined, my intent was to purchase what I thought was a driver's side HID from Short based on pics from her FB. Granted, in looking at those pics again they do not show the high voltage sticker but I know Short to be a straight up seller so I took her at her word that the pics were indeed that of an HID.

Could you please go copy those photos from FB and post them here to show us?

And yes, As I posted earlier... I had no problem getting a refund from you after I emailed you and told you the tab was broken.

Thanks marcredd for clearing up that part, but there was so many transactions going on with lights and sh!t that this was confusing as hell.

Now back to hinzy - Short transaction.

How can you guys say Short was mistaken, when she clearly stated that the light in the photos is not the one she sent. So even if she did not know the difference, a light with a broken tab ended up @ hinzy's doorstep.

Someone is lying. Straight up!

Until short provides further info this looks one sided.

Either party could be lying. Short has been a member for much longer though that doesn't mean much sometimes.

Here you go... From FB. Sorry for them being Titanic big.

ShortHID.jpg

ShortHID2.jpg

Lol detective's Drizzle and Marc at your service..

You guys are silly, someone just man/woman up and say I F'd up..
.... it IS a recession!

Thanks marcredd for clearing up that part, but there was so many transactions going on with lights and sh!t that this was confusing as hell.

Now back to hinzy - Short transaction.

How can you guys say Short was mistaken, when she clearly stated that the light in the photos is not the one she sent. So even if she did not know the difference, a light with a broken tab ended up @ hinzy's doorstep.

Someone is lying. Straight up!

No problem. I made an honest mistake. I owned it and made it right.

Hinzy did me a HUGE solid on getting the Craigslist HID's I have on my car so the last thing I would maliciously do is screw him over.

I have honor in how I do business in life so screwing people who I have a ton of respect toward on this forum is of ZERO F'ing gain to me.

I am not an expert on stock HIDs, but those reflectors look like halogen to me. :confused:

Neither was I. That is why when the Craiglist HID's came up everyone kept telling me that they were HID's when I thought they were Halogens I was getting. Remember that members who were part of that thread???

I had never owned HID's in my life until those dropped in my lap.

I am not an expert on stock HIDs, but those reflectors look like halogen to me. :confused:

That is absolutely correct, it's not a HID.

Marcredd is cleared now, so like Drizzle said, one of the two are lying.

Need I also remind everyone of a certain member with a silver Gen I LSE with the two-toned tails, and the scam he pulled. He was an active member for quite some time as well.

First:

Everything Marc said is a Lie.....I mean the truth regarding our communications, Wedding was a HUGE hit (good thing she's good at, nevermind ) and Marc was being an awesome member / friend in trying to help me out...

only question i have (because i'm still so confused) did Short mail the light to Hinzy herself?

Yea, I asked OP what the return address was.

In fact, hinzy when you get back home from work, post a photo of the shipping label/box given you are okay with that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back