Halogen or HID headlight? .... PICS

hinzy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=86006

Purchased this headlight and when I get it I see it's not HID
Member refuses to refund my money and shipping charges and insists it's HID.
I believe she is wrong and I'm entitled to get a full refund and shipping fees paid to send the light back. I should not be out anything on this deal as it was their mistake, not mine.

Here are pics.... Halogen or HID??

B939EEDC-AC78-4921-A47B-8E8EC8085DC0-477-00000047A21DA21F.gif

C56D546B-17F3-4B24-8AC4-FD80CCB604EE-477-00000047AF5B21DC.gif

FCA29F08-4E4A-436C-AC20-B8B418C63ACE-477-00000047BCD3150E.gif

That's NOT a HID lamp. No warning sticker, ballast or the complex reflector, and the bulb shield is round.. it's obvious. Tsk tsk ShortCircuit.

PayPal dispute!

That's NOT a HID lamp. No warning sticker, ballast or the complex reflector, and the bulb shield is round.. it's obvious. Tsk tsk ShortCircuit.

PayPal dispute!

Dispute is open... But that doesn't get me all my money back.

Hoping she just does the right thing here

There's zero question/doubt. That's Halogen, not HID.

PayPal dispute!

Not HID...and what is with the hot-glue looking tab?

There's zero question/doubt. That's Halogen, not HID.

How do things on this board work when it comes to things like this?

I'm on another board where a ton of things are sold/traded every day. They even have a feedback section for leaving feedback for other members so people know who is GTG and who is NGTG or shady.

On that board, standard protocal would say I get my full refund and seller pays return shipping since it was not as described. I should not be out a dime based on the fact it was not my mistake. Once I am refunded then I send the item back.

Does that sound like a fair resolution??

... I should not be out a dime based on the fact it was not my mistake. Once I am refunded then I send the item back.

Does that sound like a fair resolution??

Yes, that sounds fair. However, I don't know of any way for this forum to enforce that. You can shame the member so that they will have a hard time selling anything else under their current ID. You can take them to small claims court and should have no trouble winning, but it will still cost you.

A: Has anyone done business with him before?
B: There is no dispute. The light in those pics is NOT the light i sent to you. I dont know what you are trying to do but i will not refund your money untill i have my light back. I have sold parts to others on this forum and have been a reputable member of this community for a very long time. If a tab was broken on the light i sent you i would have disclosed that prior so sending it.

B: There is no dispute. The light in those pics is NOT the light i sent to you. I dont know what you are trying to do but i will not refund your money untill i have my light back. I have sold parts to others on this forum and have been a reputable member of this community for a very long time. If a tab was broken on the light i sent you i would have disclosed that prior so sending it.

Yes, others have dealt with me before and that is the exact light you sent me. I opened the box and text you immediately

Short, why don't you provide us the photos of the light you sent. That is, if you have some.

Do I need to escalate the paypal dispute to a claim or are you going to refund me my money so I can ship this back to you this morning?

I'm not sending the light back without a refund. Without the light, I have nothing for a paypal claim. Paypal holds the funds until you receive the light back. If you already have the light, I have nothing!

Short, why don't you provide us the photos of the light you sent. That is, if you have some.

She didn't send me any.... I was referred to her from another member that was going to buy the light but passed it on to me to do me a favor since I did him one a while back. I trusted too much that what she was selling was actually what she was telling me. I didn't ask for certain pics, I trusted "HID like new" was exactly that.

Hopefully this is not an expensive lesson for you...but always take "penny pics" of stuff you are selling. Take a picture not just of the thing you are selling, but include a piece of paper with your screen name or other distinguishing item so that should anyone try and pull any stunts you can disprove it. Any good seller ALWAYS takes pictures of what they sell.

I just went back and did some investigating.

It appears Short tried to sell an HID light in the past, but said she thinks it is a passenger side light.

The light here is obviously a driver's side.

Also looking back @ Short's photos in the past, it appears her car is equipped with HIDs. So, to Short, why did you have an extra (new) HID headlight in the first place?

And to the OP, do you have any zoomed out photos of this light? How about photos of your current LS lights, maybe all 3 in the same photo?

I just went back and did some investigating.

It appears Short tried to sell an HID light in the past, but said she thinks it is a passenger side light.

The light here is obviously a driver's side.

Also looking back @ Short's photos in the past, it appears her car is equipped with HIDs. So, to Short, why did you have an extra (new) HID headlight in the first place?

And to the OP, do you have any zoomed out photos of this light? How about photos of your current LS lights, maybe all 3 in the same photo?

I will go home at lunch and provide these pics. My break is in 2 hours.
I have my Halogens that are on my car currently. A passenger side HID that I bought form mlara1129 and this one from Short. I will show all 4 in the pics at the same time.

I've dealt with both of you in the past with no issues. I find it hard to believe that either of you would be playing dirty here. Should have requested pics, hinzy. I can't recall buying something, or makig a sale wthout plenty of pics.

These are some pics of the light i sent Hinzy a few weeks ago, for comparison:
B67FE098-B6DE-47F1-86C1-8D30DBE75E67-5552-000002437D7CA4B9.jpg

CB5BE7B7-3EC7-44A1-9217-6B970E367691-5552-000002437FD8AF7F.jpg

I even sent him one testing it(light on) to make sure there were no issues. These are measures that should always be taken to ensure no one gets screwed.

I've dealth with both of you in the past with no issues. I find it hard to believe that either of you would be playing dirty here. Should have requested pics, hinzy. I can't recall buying something, or makig a sale wthout plenty of pics.

I agree, I should have asked for pics. I was already frustrated from a previous deal, was excited to have the opportunity to purchase a driver side for a good price and didn't think much of it since she had been talking to another member about it. I got sloppy in my buying because I was happy to work something out since they are hard to find, especially "like new".

Ah, so this just got more interesting. Clearly the OP has bought a passenger side light from Mlara and it was indeed HID.

So why would Short have only a new passenger side HID in June for sale, but a few months later when someone inquires about a driver's side - she has one?

Can't jump to conclusions, but photos is the only way to prove one's side in this case.

She didn't send me any.... I was referred to her from another member that was going to buy the light but passed it on to me to do me a favor since I did him one a while back. I trusted too much that what she was selling was actually what she was telling me. I didn't ask for certain pics, I trusted "HID like new" was exactly that.

Lmao! Beat me to it..

I want to see what Mr. Marcredd will have to say - he just backed out of the deal and "let" hinzy have it. :rolleyes:

See above... that is the person that referred me to her. He said he seen pics on facebook and could have swore he seen the yellow warning sticker.

I just hope she didn't know the difference, and this all can be resolved peacefully :)

I know Short cut me a brake back when i sold her my wheels. She found a bit of pitting on them that i had not noticed...frankly i didnt even know what pitting was at the time. And she never even complained, just made me aware of of the fact.

So idk, i hope this is all just a misunderstanding.

Members online

Back