Got Some LS Goodies (Tinted Taillights; Suspension)

Yeah the light will shine through, it will still be bright when he brakes.

I think I saw that thread, One strip was a little crooked but he had the right idea.

Yea boy!

attachment.jpg

Just thought I would share some photos of some new gear.

Updates on the damage to my car: My hood was damaged in shipping and they are working on getting me another.. I am about fed up trying to get a freaking hood. I have the LSE front still, just waiting to be painted - but the chrome molding was damaged in shipping, so they sent me another, and it was also damaged. So I think they are just refunding me my money and saying "we tried". Ford is shipping the molding in a paper thin box that is very long, but has no width, so it is bending in half with the lightest effort, I mean sheesh, the thing is only made of brittle plastic.

Anyways, on to the good stuff:

All new sway bar links, bushings, and toe links:

linksrv.jpg

My new taillights (thanks Alax) got tinted:

lightss.jpg

I just left Firestone like a few minutes ago getting some work done on my car. I'm not going to talk about it because I've been cursing all dam day. Anyway I had to also check out the suspension for a rattling noise. Well why talking to me about parts, the guy mentions MOOG. He said these parts are built like a rock as compared to OEM stuff. I had sway bar links put on. I'll get back to yall on the dam $2682.02 I spent. I got to vent some more.

2682!!!!!! On repairs?!!!!!!!!

They dont look crooked......MAybe the last one on the outer tail light. Looks decent though

Yea I have no idea what you did to the suspension to rack up almost 3k, unless there was other things lol...

Anyways yea that guy had a good idea, just I dunno if it was executed the cleanest.

The way I am doing it is very strange... I don't know if it will work, but it is worth a shot and cheap lol. I am basically going to mock the way new LED lights are on newer vehicles and apply that to our existing shell. You know I'll be sure to post pics :D

I am basically going to mock the way new LED lights are on newer vehicles and apply that to our existing shell. You know I'll be sure to post pics :D

We'll eagerly await them :) (or at least I will :D)

that's a nice looking LS, great job. those are some super dark front tints as well. are there any tint laws where you live? i would de-badge if it were my car, but that's just me.

Yea that is 5% percent all the way around the car.

The law here is no darker than 30%.

I have thought about debading. But I kinda like them. I may just paint them black.

ive been debating on whether or not to get the painted plate surround and finally i get to see what it may look like with the tinted tails. good job on the tails....still dont know if i want the painted surround thou

ive been debating on whether or not to get the painted plate surround and finally i get to see what it may look like with the tinted tails. good job on the tails....still dont know if i want the painted surround thou

Its purty with with painted surround. LSE's came with painted surrounds and everyone wishes their car was an LSE... lol I think.

park that isht in the garage! Mine's in the garage for the rest of the winter, while I drive my monster truck lol.

I can't. I have two cars, and the dormant one is there for storage. :[

I am going to move eventually and look for a place with a nice garage that the LS can sleep in.

Also, pektal, you may know this - when there is a sheet of ice on the car, and it slides off... what are the chances of it scratching the paint. I never really thought about that until this winter, but I can't imagine a big sheet of ice cutting down the side of your car is the best thing.

I dont mean to sound like a dick Andrizzle but duuuude take off your 20's and put the stocks back on!!!!! That winter cold is a b!tch on them. Think of it like this.. You have a NICE pair of $1500 dollar sandals on that car in the winter! Get her some snow boots!!!!!! lol.. I know its hard to set aside the 20's for the winter but you gotta!! And your tail lights look very very nice, honestly I would keep the tags on there. When I sprayed my tails, gen 1, I took them off and tossed them.. wish i kept them!

Hah, it is not driven in the deep stuff. We have 7 inches of snow on 1 inch of ice (lowered on low profile 19s not happenin). The city is nearly shut down, the LS isn't going anywhere for a while.

And they are 19s, this is the first snow they have been in.

Honestly we hardly ever get this bad of winter storms, for some reason this is our second big one this season. I enjoy them!

Hey I'll stick that LS in my garage till the weathers calms down, I dont mind looking after it for ya. :D

Check out this for a very blacked out gen2:

ebay2.jpg

ebay1j.jpg

Not so hot rims, no real tint, stock height.

Andrizzle, how is your front end work coming along?

I finally got ahold of a hood and it is supposed to be coming this week (i know I have said this before). You guys have no idea how hard it is to find a non-used gen2 hood... I would have probably had the car fixed by now if I had just looked for a salvaged one! lol.

Anyways I have had the bumper sitting in my house for a few weeks now, just teasing me. I will put both in for paint shortly after getting the hood in, I am ready.

I feel you. I took my bumper to my storage unit. The only things I need to get are, fog light brackets, 03+ header panel, lower chrome trim and the wire harness for the headlights and fogs. I just forked out $2600 yesterday on the car unexpected. But should have the rest of the items soon though.

Get spray tint... Tint in a can I love it, doesn't dim out your headlights really at all and looks really sweet. I'll post pics of my headlights/tails in a little bit

Here..
DSC00448-1.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

Bout as fast as I put water on the lights to clean em they froze over, so any wrinkles is just ice..

Members online

No members online now.
Back