Got Some LS Goodies (Tinted Taillights; Suspension)

Andrizzle

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would share some photos of some new gear.

Updates on the damage to my car: My hood was damaged in shipping and they are working on getting me another.. I am about fed up trying to get a freaking hood. I have the LSE front still, just waiting to be painted - but the chrome molding was damaged in shipping, so they sent me another, and it was also damaged. So I think they are just refunding me my money and saying "we tried". Ford is shipping the molding in a paper thin box that is very long, but has no width, so it is bending in half with the lightest effort, I mean sheesh, the thing is only made of brittle plastic.

Anyways, on to the good stuff:

All new sway bar links, bushings, and toe links:

linksrv.jpg

My new taillights (thanks Alax) got tinted:

lightss.jpg

I like the direction you going with the car. Those tinted tails will spice up the rear end real nice.

Holy cow man. Those tail lights are awesome. If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase them?

Also, are Moog suspension parts good? Like shocks and such?

I tried to get the business card in there, but it is Jon's TintedTails.

I bought the lights off Alax, he had a spare set, and had them shipped to Jon for the tinting.

Moog is a good aftermarket brand, these suspension pieces dominate the stock OEM ones, the build is stronger/beefier, and the joints are greasable with fitted grease boots that keep the dust and debris from drying out the joints (basically why the stock links suck). Also each Moog part was like $15-$20 more than the OEM replacement parts. I will get some side-by-side shots of the links when I replace my worn ones.

Moog does sell a shock for us, but IIRC a member on here got them and they all 'blew' in a year or something bad like that. I am not sure if this was an isolated event or not, you would have to search some more.

They look good. Install them already! MAn, your is the the beauty and the beast. Went from a crashed, toothless looking ls. To a bad ass LS in a few weeks.

Holy cow man. Those tail lights are awesome. If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase them?

Also, are Moog suspension parts good? Like shocks and such?

Sold them to him. Got them from craiglist. Good stuff from time to time on there.

I may install them tomorow, I got home and it was already dark.

We are suppost to get a winter storm next couple days, so I dunno if I can get them on, hoping a few classes are cancelled tomorow and I can put them on.

They look great!

Those tails look really dark. I'm sure they'll look good on your car though.

Woohoo classes cancelled @ noon tomorow, so I just have one class then I'll throw the lights in.

Yea they're very dark, I wanted them nearly black. I think it will clean up the rear hella. Can't wait to see them on!

Woohoo classes cancelled @ noon tomorow, so I just have one class then I'll throw the lights in.

Yea they're very dark, I wanted them nearly black. I think it will clean up the rear hella. Can't wait to see them on!

I wasn't knocking them....I've just been thinking about tinting mine too, but I don't think anything that dark will look good on silver.

yeah, it was supposed to hit us too, but it looks like its gonna go south now. :(

Now you need to remove that amber reflector in the headlight, and replace it with a clear one. Then it will be the secks.

I actually like the amber in the headights. I think it looks to plain without some color in there. Plus the amber in the gen2 isn't as 'in your face' as the gen1s.

I just got the tails in, they look sweet! Pics uploading

Here are the photos. I can dig it :cool:

Oh, please excuse the ice, it is currently freezing raining.

12980068.jpg

69852089.jpg

41098825.jpg

48579128p.jpg

Lights on:

74123681.jpg

Brakes applied:

51139663.jpg

Looks awesome.

Here's a pic of the clear lenses in an 04 LSE:

DSCN1387.jpg

DSCN1513.jpg

I actually like the amber in the headights. I think it looks to plain without some color in there. Plus the amber in the gen2 isn't as 'in your face' as the gen1s.

I just got the tails in, they look sweet! Pics uploading

A+ on the taillights.

Leave the amber in there, it looks a lot nicer. You're right about it being plain without the amber in there.
I installed a pair on mine recently and didn't like the way they looked. They didn't even last a day on the car before i pulled back out.

Tails look good.

I have the chrome bulbs up front. I think it cleans the front lens up nice. I woundn't mind a clear reflector for the side marker to but not worth the effort of opening up the housing for me. I'm lazy I know.

I have debated the chrome bulbs in front. I have them in the rears. I may get some down the road just to see, they're like 5 bucks on ebay for a pair lol.

Do you have the part # of the Moog sway bar links.
Where did you get them.
They look to be adjustable.

Do you have the part # of the Moog sway bar links.
Where did you get them.
They look to be adjustable.

Those are the toe-links. Everything can be found under the Suspension Category on Rock-Auto

Your car is looking murdered out.Car looks great with the tails

Looks cool but I think you're going to get rear-ended now :shifty:

Couldn't have done it without you Alax! :]

owlman - I knew someone would mention this, but I think otherwise. The high mount LED brake light is added security to this, and the light still comes through nicely. These are daytime pics, the nightime will be even brighter.

I also wanted to mention, since I have a spare of normal tails off the car - I will be expirmenting with an LED conversion for the red part of the lights. Still don't think anyone has done LEDs in the LS tails except for that one gen1 way back in the day that was blacked out and he literally drilled LEDs through the lenses and it looked horrible.

This will be a LED setup behind the lense like newer cars come stock. I ordered the LED strips and will keep you guys posted on this.

Members online

No members online now.
Back