Got rid of the LS

this whole thing is way to funny lol.. you should have just gotten the new 2012 camry, that way you could pick it out in the parking lot.. well at least for a few months until everyone has the new one..

You guys are getting me all wrong I loved my LS it was just too much money to fix. And for all of you people that think the LS is faster race a V6 camry and then talk and not an old one. You people are taking this way to seriously anyways. And for merk1n I had a 02 v8 with CAI and exhaust. Fast but not great. And yes I did all the maintenance on it plus more I take car of my cars.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet or see on TV.

You should have just said in your first post that you couldn't keep up with the LS and moved on to something else. Just because you have something newer/less miles, which translates to tighter suspension, doesn't mean it handles better than the LS.

Instead, you say it looks better and handles better than the LS..... really??
What's next.... Camry gets better laptimes at Nurburgring then a E60 bmw???

Just admit you were wrong and i am sure the respectful fellow LS owners would stop bashing your new ride.

We grillin this guy hard.

At least he didnt get a prius.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet or see on TV.

You should have just said in your first post that you couldn't keep up with the LS and moved on to something else. Just because you have something newer/less miles, which translates to tighter suspension, doesn't mean it handles better than the LS.

Instead, you say it looks better and handles better than the LS..... really??
What's next.... Camry gets better laptimes at Nurburgring then a E60 bmw???

Just admit you were wrong and i am sure the respectful fellow LS owners would stop bashing your new ride.

I said the LS has better handling. Whatever folks I'm happy with my car like your happy with yours. Thanks to everybody that helped me with the LS. To all of the other people that think the LS is gods gift to us you have problems. Have fun with your cars and have a good day.

Its not gods gift but its better than a camry.

but enjoy it i guess.

The wide body SEMA 2010 LS is god's gift. Every other LS is just his way of saying he tried.

Even if the horsepower is up there, doesn't mean it's faster.
Gearing has a lot to do with it and i am sure the 3.58s in the Gen ii would leave the Camry behind.....easily.

You guys are getting me all wrong I loved my LS it was just too much money to fix. And for all of you people that think the LS is faster race a V6 camry and then talk and not an old one. You people are taking this way to seriously anyways. And for merk1n I had a 02 v8 with CAI and exhaust. Fast but not great. And yes I did all the maintenance on it plus more I take car of my cars.

Raced one (the same you pictured not the older ones) before from a dig, and ive mentioned it before in other threads that brought up that v6 camry, and took him by a couple of car lengths.

EDIT: ...when my LS was stock.

Check out the numbers online. Stock LS gen 1 7.1sec 0-60 stock gen 2 6.5 0-60sec. camry stock 6.1 0-60sec. If I were to put mods on it would definitly be faster then a LS. And yes I know there are a lot out there you are not the first one to point that out. I even said that on the first post. Get over it. As for customizing the car I'm over it just going to put rims on it and thats all I want.

Mods like the stuck throttle?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Good car. My girl has a 97 Lexus ES300 with 212000 miles and it still drives like new pretty much. Great, comfy and economical ride.

Good car. My girl has a 97 Lexus ES300 with 212000 miles and it still drives like new pretty much. Great, comfy and economical ride.

By girl, do you mean girlfriend of daughter?..... I hope you mean daughter with all the cars you have :D . cant imagine my soon to be wife would drive a 97 es if i had the LS, MB cl, and how ever many BMW's you have... :cool:

Let's see if I've got this right. You went out and bought a 'belly-button' and you want to make a big deal of it here?

KS

:lol: This thread cracks me up. It's like in a gang, if you want to leave you have to be, I think they call it, "jumped-out" by getting your ass kicked.

Pinknuts didnt get :q:q:q:q about selling his LS and getting the AMG.

But he stepped and didnt get a jap pos. Also he wasnt an ass about it.

:lol: This thread cracks me up. It's like in a gang, if you want to leave you have to be, I think they call it, "jumped-out" by getting your ass kicked.

If he was moving on to something more respectable like an Aston Martin or Maserati we would be congratulating him and let him leave intact. But a Camry...

What do you have against Japanase cars? I would buy a Lexus IS as my next car.

Nothing.

But i hate fwd camrys.

Now a GTR, IS-F, m45...those are all nice cars i would drive/own.

I highly dislike fwd econoboxes. My previous vehicle was a mitsubishi.

What do you have against Japanase cars? I would buy a Lexus as my next car.

We looked at Lexus a while back. I finally had to agree with my wife. They are just too boring.

Pinknuts didnt get :q:q:q:q about selling his LS and getting the AMG.

But he stepped and didnt get a jap pos. Also he wasnt an ass about it.

+1. I mean, how many sedans can you hop into with 500hp that give you a massage as your leaving a terminator in the rearview.

+1. I mean, how many sedans can you hop into with 500hp that give you a massage as your leaving a terminator in the rearview.

LOL...maybe one day ill become a mb man.

Indeed a funny thread, but I don't think he is getting flamed for leaving the LS. He is getting flamed for his better than you tone he used in his OP. And beings that going from a Lincoln to a Camry is far from an upgrade it just adds that much more fuel for the flame.

A simple post of "hey bought a new car" wouldn't have caused this. So flame on! lol

Indeed a funny thread, but I don't think he is getting flamed for leaving the LS. He is getting flamed for his better than you tone he used in his OP. And beings that going from a Lincoln to a Camry is far from an upgrade it just adds that much more fuel for the flame.

A simple post of "hey bought a new car" wouldn't have caused this. So flame on! lol

I never thought I was better than anybody its all of you that are treating me that way. I am just happy I got a new ride thats all. So how does "hey bought a new car" any better then "got rid of the LS" its all the same. Like I said before I loved my LS just didn't want to put more money into it then its worth. But whatever it is what it is ill let all of you be all high and mighty about it.

"Got rid of the LS" - Well after 4 years of owning a LS I decided to get rid of it. I went with a 2007 Toyota Camry V6. This car if faster and better looking then the LS.

"Hey bought a new car" - I loved my LS just didn't want to put more money into it then its worth. I am just happy I got a new ride that's all.

Members online

No members online now.
Back