Got rid of the LS

flowmaster02

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well after 4 years of owning a LS I decided to get rid of it. I went with a 2007 Toyota Camry V6. This car if faster and better looking then the LS. The only down side is that a lot of people have them. But I am happy with the trade now I dont have to worry about fixing my car.

2011-11-07_07-28-38_851.jpg

2011-11-07_07-28-49_764.jpg

2011-11-07_07-28-26_462.jpg

Congrats on the new car!

Looks sporty. I think it looks better than Aston Martin Rapide.

Must be fast, what a gorgeous car. Enjoy.

Thanks guys. LS4me why do you have to be a downer. The LS handled a little better but thats the only thing ill miss about it. Not all the things breaking on me or all of the money I would have had to put in to it. The tranny was slipping, clear coat comming off, the clockspring wasn't working, power door lock and rear window button. That right there is probably the blue book value right there. NOT A DOWNGRADE!

Front Wheel Drive=da ghey.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Its alright Ill let you guys hate on me but this car will take most of your LS without any mods.

more reliable, yes.... Newer, yes.... Better looking, each his own i guess.... Hope you enjoy it....

And i thought the LS was tough to customize....

Better looking?

Is this a troll post?

Camrys would be neat if they didn't look like every other car made now. Cookie cutter car no doubt.

Well your resale value should stay up pretty high compared to others...

Its alright Ill let you guys hate on me but this car will take most of your LS without any mods.

Even if the horsepower is up there, doesn't mean it's faster.
Gearing has a lot to do with it and i am sure the 3.58s in the Gen ii would leave the Camry behind.....easily.

Not my cup of joe.

Faster than the LS, thats bull. My gf's mom has a 2010 3.5L. I drive it about 3 tmes a week and I can tell you that that car is not faster than my LS. Maybe if you would of taken better care of your LS and provided better preventive maintenance it would of taken better care of you.

An upgrade would of been a Gen II or something in a luxury category. The Camry has as much luxury as my underwear drawer.
Good luck with your purchase and hope its not too hard to find your Camry among all the Camrys in the parking lot.

Edit: It is reliable Ill give you that, But if i was after reliability, I would live in a tree, ride a bicycle and have an ugly girlfriend

Check out the numbers online. Stock LS gen 1 7.1sec 0-60 stock gen 2 6.5 0-60sec. camry stock 6.1 0-60sec. If I were to put mods on it would definitly be faster then a LS. And yes I know there are a lot out there you are not the first one to point that out. I even said that on the first post. Get over it. As for customizing the car I'm over it just going to put rims on it and thats all I want.

@ flowmaster you need a nap my friend. yea your camry is faster than the ls when the ls is going the speed limit and your flooring it in your camry. Funniest thing i heard all week. hey guys he probably had a 2000 ls v6

The day I leave LVC, (hopefully not in a long time) I will leave happy and content. The LS has been great to me. Yes, it may have some problems and not as reliable as others but theres a lot more to owning a vehicle than getting from point A to point B (for me).

The LS is my passion; I love the looks, the curves, the lines of its body, I love the feel of the pedal and purr of the throttle, I love the stares from people and the curiosity from others.

I know it sounds cheesy but i like my car and I feel it does more than just get me to where I need to go. Obviously you need an A to B car and glad you found it.

You guys are getting me all wrong I loved my LS it was just too much money to fix. And for all of you people that think the LS is faster race a V6 camry and then talk and not an old one. You people are taking this way to seriously anyways. And for merk1n I had a 02 v8 with CAI and exhaust. Fast but not great. And yes I did all the maintenance on it plus more I take car of my cars.

Well after 4 years of owning a LS I decided to get rid of it. I went with a 2007 Toyota Camry V6. This car if faster and better looking then the LS. The only down side is that a lot of people have them. But I am happy with the trade now I dont have to worry about fixing my car.

Better looking?

Is this a troll post?

Yes, I believe it's a troll post too. I mean, coming on to an LS enthusiast forum, and claiming a damned econobox camry is better looking? :rolleyes:

The benchracing is hilarious too. I can read brochures as well. Tell me YOUR 0-60 time, not what the brochure says.

If I were you, I'd also tint the windows heavily. That way no one can see you driving it.

Have fun with only being able to whip donuts in reverse.

I've driven a 2010 V6 camry. No way in hell is that jap junk faster than my ls.

Maybe your LS was running on 4 cyl??

So how much you spend on it?? Could have at least went with a cadillac sts.

Members online

No members online now.
Back