God is Only a Theory

Politics & Current Events

1. 04_Sport_LS

04_Sport_LS Dedicated LVC Member

Hmmmm... seems like Hypatia didn't die at the hands of Christians of FAITH,,, but at the hands of people with "religious" beliefs......... shortly before Rome formed a "state", (national), Christian "religion" in 380AD.

Once again Wrm... you need to educate yourself before throwing accusations.

FAITH,,, does not reduce God to an "if/then" formula... like religion does.

FAITH... is not about how to master the "gods",,, and appease them.

Whereas... that's exactly what religion does. It reduces the "gods" down to a formula to manipulate.

A quick historical study of pagan "religions" will show the above to be true.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  2. hrmwrm

hrmwrm Dedicated LVC Member

ghkTUhC.jpg
    rHouAnT.jpg
    xyGvcwX.jpg
    jSmUsNs.jpg
    dtBLCns.jpg
    really like this biblical morality.
    NZjAekt.jpg
    and, still waiting.
    nE2cPpO.jpg

3. hrmwrm

hrmwrm Dedicated LVC Member

and, for fun
    zu1rA4S.jpg

4. 04_Sport_LS

Well... I did chuckle at your last post,,, but in truth you are making the same mistake "Don-O" did, (and some Christians do), by "cherry picking" Bible verses out of context.

I'll start with an easy one... to show your misconstructions.

Matthew 18:6 (NLT)... in proper context, (red is JESUS speaking):

1About that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?”

2Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them. 3Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. 4So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.

5“And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalfa is welcoming me. 6But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to have a large millstone tied around your neck and be drowned in the depths of the sea.

7“What sorrow awaits the world, because it tempts people to sin. Temptations are inevitable, but what sorrow awaits the person who does the tempting. 8So if your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It’s better to enter eternal life with only one hand or one foot than to be thrown into eternal fire with both of your hands and feet. 9And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It’s better to enter eternal life with only one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.b

10“Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly Father.c

Sooo.... according to Jesus, (God in the flesh), if you or I lure or lead a child down a bad road, (by example or intention), we will have to answer for that. I should feel sorry for the sex traffickers and drug dealers at this point, (and molesting preists)... but I don't.

Again... bad idea throwing a singular New Tesament verse,,, in with a bunch of Old Testament verses... just to try and prove an invalid point.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Ezekiel 5:10 (NLT)... again in proper context, (Ezekiel was a prophet to the Israelites from 592-570 BC).

1 “Son of man, take a sharp sword and use it as a razor to shave your head and beard. Use a scale to weigh the hair into three equal parts. 2Place a third of it at the center of your map of Jerusalem. After acting out the siege, burn it there. Scatter another third across your map and chop it with a sword. Scatter the last third to the wind, for I will scatter my people with the sword. 3Keep just a bit of the hair and tie it up in your robe. 4Then take some of these hairs out and throw them into the fire, burning them up. A fire will then spread from this remnant and destroy all of Israel.

5“This is what the Sovereign Lord says: This is an illustration of what will happen to Jerusalem. I placed her at the center of the nations, 6but she has rebelled against my regulations and decrees and has been even more wicked than the surrounding nations. She has refused to obey the regulations and decrees I gave her to follow.

7“Therefore, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: You people have behaved worse than your neighbors and have refused to obey my decrees and regulations. You have not even lived up to the standards of the nations around you. 8Therefore, I myself, the Sovereign Lord, am now your enemy. I will punish you publicly while all the nations watch. 9Because of your detestable idols, I will punish you like I have never punished anyone before or ever will again. 10Parents will eat their own children, and children will eat their parents. I will punish you and scatter to the winds the few who survive.

The book of Ezekiel... is part allegory,,, and part literal history. I did a brief study on Ezekiel a while back, (probably due to Don's heresy), so it's not too hard to validate the timeline of when this actually happened. Short story... the Israelites were in such desparate times to survive. The prophecy of Ezekiel came true during the history in the Book of 2nd Kings.

2nd kings chapter 6 (NLT):

Ben-Hadad Besieges Samaria

24Some time later, however, King Ben-hadad of Aram mustered his entire army and besieged Samaria. 25As a result, there was a great famine in the city. The siege lasted so long that a donkey’s head sold for eighty pieces of silver, and a cup of dove’s dung sold for five piecesa of silver.

26One day as the king of Israel was walking along the wall of the city, a woman called to him, “Please help me, my lord the king!”

27He answered, “If the Lord doesn’t help you, what can I do? I have neither food from the threshing floor nor wine from the press to give you.” 28But then the king asked, “What is the matter?”

She replied, “This woman said to me: ‘Come on, let’s eat your son today, then we will eat my son tomorrow.’ 29So we cooked my son and ate him. Then the next day I said to her, ‘Kill your son so we can eat him,’ but she has hidden her son.”

As the saying goes Wrm... Scripture interprets Scripture, (the Bible proves itself).

Choking on your own fallicies again Wrm??? Want me to keep going??? It will take some time, (alot),,, but I could most likely put all of the verses you listed... into proper historical and accurate context.

Here's a timeling for the Book of Ezekiel, (which again... is a prophecy timeline for the Book of 2nd Kings):

Timeline of Ezekiel | Precept Austin

5. 04_Sport_LS

Leviticus 27:6 shouldn't be to hard. I'll cover that one too. Again (NLT)

Redemption of Gifts Offered to the Lord

1The Lord said to Moses, 2“Give the following instructions to the people of Israel. If anyone makes a special vow to dedicate someone to the Lord by paying the value of that person, 3here is the scale of values to be used. A man between the ages of twenty and sixty is valued at fifty shekelsa of silver, as measured by the sanctuary shekel. 4A woman of that age is valued at thirty shekelsb of silver. 5A boy between the ages of five and twenty is valued at twenty shekels of silver; a girl of that age is valued at ten shekelsc of silver. 6A boy between the ages of one month and five years is valued at five shekels of silver; a girl of that age is valued at three shekelsd of silver. 7A man older than sixty is valued at fifteen shekels of silver; a woman of that age is valued at ten shekelse of silver. 8If you desire to make such a vow but cannot afford to pay the required amount, take the person to the priest. He will determine the amount for you to pay based on what you can afford.

Sooooo WRM... in proper context,,,, no amont of money was NEEDED/required to dedicate an infant to God. It wasn't that infants have no value. Same thing with Numbers 3:15... it wasn't rerquired.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

As far as the guy getting favor from God by sleeping with his 2 daughters.... I think you have that a little backwards.

Genesis 19:30-38 (NLT)

Lot and His Daughters

30Afterward Lot left Zoar because he was afraid of the people there, and he went to live in a cave in the mountains with his two daughters. 31One day the older daughter said to her sister, “There are no men left anywhere in this entire area, so we can’t get married like everyone else. And our father will soon be too old to have children. 32Come, let’s get him drunk with wine, and then we will have sex with him. That way we will preserve our family line through our father.”

33So that night they got him drunk with wine, and the older daughter went in and had intercourse with her father. He was unaware of her lying down or getting up again.

34The next morning the older daughter said to her younger sister, “I had sex with our father last night. Let’s get him drunk with wine again tonight, and you go in and have sex with him. That way we will preserve our family line through our father.” 35So that night they got him drunk with wine again, and the younger daughter went in and had intercourse with him. As before, he was unaware of her lying down or getting up again.

36As a result, both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their own father. 37When the older daughter gave birth to a son, she named him Moab.b He became the ancestor of the nation now known as the Moabites. 38When the younger daughter gave birth to a son, she named him Ben-ammi.c He became the ancestor of the nation now known as the Ammonites

Biblical history shows that the Moabites and Ammonites were godless people that warred with the Israelites.

So anyway it was Lot's daughters that slept with him... because they thought there were no other men around to have children with. IIRC... Lot is not mentioned any further in the Bible at this point,,, AND he didn't seem to earn god's favor by anyone sleeping with him.

Keep trying. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017