go-claws?

yeah here is a suggestion, a small 4x4 truck!
131_0910_04_z+october_2009_4x4_trucks+1995_chevy_s10.jpg

lol thgat thing is ridiculous. s-10? jesus.

its really too bad my mark is a year round driver

well i dont have any major problems, but it would be nice to fly by like all the AWD truck and suburus seem to do to me

I fly by 4 wheel and all wheel all the time
I just have blizzacs on the back

well there you go with the blizzaks. if you had all seasons on you wouldnt be telling me to get driving lessons lmao

ok man. you are an expert winter driver. cool. know anything about tire chains?

There illegal at least in MN
Just get some snow tires
And do alot of practicing in nice big parking lots

You're not suppose to use chains on radial tires, chains are illegal in most states, if use use chains, prepare to replace everything they destroy when a link breaks, it's a rear wheel drive..it's gonna handle like shyt in the snow regardless of tires. Get a small 4x4 from the south.. I just sold a 4x tracker with a bad motor for $350 last year, so they can be found. Sami's are great little winter cars and can be made winter nice for a couple grand

^^^ sap rwd does not make a car handle like :q:q:q:q in the winter bad tire and drivers do
if you had problems than you also need tires or driving lessons
I have been driving for 12 years in winters with rwd its better than any fwd
and only marginally worse than 4 wheel

i had shi tty tires (worn/mismatched,ect) on my old marquis winter wheels and i survived 3 winters w/ them.I think with decent tires you should be fine unless ur higher up in elevation or 1 of the states that gets ridiculous lake effect.

Rather i have good tires or not i drive slow when theres somewhat of a decent snowfall. I prob do moreso cause i got in my first and only accident in the snow...I hated that feeling.

Funny, my friend has a marquis (1yr older then mine) and had winter tires on it and i nearly sh it a brick the way he was driving in a 10"+ snowfall last year. Took corners like it wasn't even snowing out and it didnt slide whatsoever. I was impresed. I think he ran bliz's.

Lake effect is the worst, that's pretty much all we got in NY...I had a trans am, sunfire and army hummer to drive up there. Obviously the hummer was best in the snow, but the fwd -vs- rwd in the slush...fwd with snow tires wins.. I hated driving the TA in snow

^^^ sap rwd does not make a car handle like :q:q:q:q in the winter bad tire and drivers do

^^^^THIS!!!:Beer

I've never owned a FWD vehicle in my life and never had any problems in the snow with my RWD cars/trucks. Fortunately, I do have a 4x4 Exploder if the snow/ice gets really bad. Which it did a couple of weeks ago. But I say "who needs wrong-wheel-drive?!" If you know how to drive a car properly, you can drive anything in incelment weather. That's why you'll never see me in a FWD car...ever...EVER!

Agreed.

Drop in a posi, and get some dedicated snows in the back. Maybe toss a bag or two of sand in the trunk.

My point was...get a pos for the snow, crappy little fwds are great if you have snow tires on the front...if you're just gonna rust it to the ground...rust something that's already worthless

all im saying is if it snows 6 inches overnight, like i just did here, my car is practically immovable, my street being on a hill doesnt help. i was just looking for something i can drive onto, strap on, and get moving. just because youve driven 12 years in the snow with no problems doesn't mean that extra traction would hurt at all.

Look, most of these guys have a pretty good idea of how to drive in the snow. I'd listen to them if I were you.

As far as 6 inches of snow, what do you plan to do, practically plow your way through it? Really, it's a car not a pick-up truck.

Want a little better traction? Get your tires siped.

Members online

No members online now.
Back