Gman

I could have told you that the paint was **** quality a year ago when he repainted half the car after the accident..there's no shine whatsoever on any of the front end parts. Sucks that he isn't responding to your questions and didn't inform you of the problems it has..but dude, you're buying a 15 year old car with 200k+ miles..he doesn't know you from adam, its not like he's doing a friend a favor by informing him of every defect of the car..bottom line he's trying to get as much for the car as possible..it is YOUR job to inspect it and negotiate the asking price. I would NEVER buy a pieced together 15 year old car with 200k miles for that much sight unseen. GMAN may very well be a bad seller, but you f*cked up.

WOW! This is why (with all do respect) I barely do any transactions on forums. Fact is you don't know who I am nor do I know who you are. MTV should cancel "Catfish" & replace it with "Carfish"! This way we can see if we are dealing with @ssholes or really nice legitimate ppl.

MTV should cancel "Catfish" & replace it with "Carfish"!

hahaha, no my friend watches that show, and she be pissed.

anyway, what they said. you shoulda checked out the car.
but hes being very unprofessional.
lots of crap going around here.

I could have told you that the paint was **** quality a year ago when he repainted half the car after the accident..there's no shine whatsoever on any of the front end parts. Sucks that he isn't responding to your questions and didn't inform you of the problems it has..but dude, you're buying a 15 year old car with 200k+ miles..he doesn't know you from adam, its not like he's doing a friend a favor by informing him of every defect of the car..bottom line he's trying to get as much for the car as possible..it is YOUR job to inspect it and negotiate the asking price. I would NEVER buy a pieced together 15 year old car with 200k miles for that much sight unseen. GMAN may very well be a bad seller, but you f*cked up.

While I would almost always agree that it is on the buyer to be "happy" with the purchase, the situation was a little messed up. If you go through the project thread, I would be willing to bet you'd think the car is put together well, has many new parts, and the paint is clean and glossy.

I flew down there based on his word and what I saw in his build up thread. I wouldn't have wasted my time if I didn't see it in a paint booth or the fact that there was a laundry list of replaced parts in the last 2 years.

I'm not trying to take blame off of me, but I asked him about this stuff prior to traveling and was told it was "good" and that it's in very good shape.

Regardless of that, why would a seller not respond to simple questions about the car prior to the sale if there wasn't anything malicious done? Especially when the seller has years of experience with the platform.

I have tried twice to deal with this guy.I sent money to his"daughters" paypal and NEVER got my intake or a thanks for the cash.I was going to post something but because he has way more time on this forum than I,I figured everyone would take his side.Good luck man.

I have tried twice to deal with this guy.I sent money to his"daughters" paypal and NEVER got my intake or a thanks for the cash.I was going to post something but because he has way more time on this forum than I,I figured everyone would take his side.Good luck man.

I'm glad we've brought it to light now. Sucks that I took a big hit on it, but at least now this forum knows about his dealings. I need to make a cross post on LOD and whatever else I can find him on.

Wow!

Sorry to hear about your bad purchase (and all of the other bad purchases reported in the thread from GMAN). I'm going to be in the market to buy a 1998 LSC and had the stars aligned could've found myself having a "less than satisfactory" experience buying from GMAN... NOT NOW. Thanks for the warning and the comments, everyone, just sorry to hear that so many have been ripped off.

I'm glad we've brought it to light now. Sucks that I took a big hit on it, but at least now this forum knows about his dealings. I need to make a cross post on LOD and whatever else I can find him on.

He's on corral as well.

He's on corral as well.

Already registered there. I'll have to take care of that tonight. I feel sorry for him. I don't know too many men that wouldn't man up to doing something like this and at least apologize, if not correct the issue. I know his son is on here, too. I would be ashamed of myself if my son saw that I was making shady deals and screwing people over.

As I have said before its buyers responsibility to know what there going to purchase.
But in this case it sounds like bs what gman has done and is doing by not communicating.
He was a good seller to me in the past but if this is not resolved I'm done with him.

As I have said before its buyers responsibility to know what there going to purchase.
But in this case it sounds like bs what gman has done and is doing by not communicating.
He was a good seller to me in the past but if this is not resolved I'm done with him.

I know it partially my fault, too. I don't want people to think I'm putting it all on him.

I'll speculate a little here and say he planned on screwing the buyer of the car, whoever it was.

His project thread mentions numerous parts that were replaced or that were on the car. Many of the suspension parts were not at all what were mentioned in the thread, so it leads me to believe that they were swapped prior to purchase in order to keep the "new" parts and use old worn-out parts to sell the car. I guess I'm a sucker.

While I would almost always agree that it is on the buyer to be "happy" with the purchase, the situation was a little messed up. If you go throu the project thread, I would be willing to bet you'd think the car is put together well, has many new parts, and the paint is clean and glossy.

I flew down there based on his word and what I saw in his build up thread. I wouldn't have wasted my time if I didn't see it in a paint booth or the fact that there was a laundry list of replaced parts in the last 2 years.

I'm not trying to take blame off of me, but I asked him about this stuff prior to traveling and was told it was "good" and that it's in very good shape.

Regardless of that, why would a seller not respond to simple questions about the car prior to the sale if there wasn't anything malicious done? Especially when the seller has years of experience with the platform.

Sorry didn't mean to jump all over you, but basically you gambled and came out on the losing end unfortunately. At least all that happened is you over paid..you still have the car and everything is repairable. I guess you live and learn.

...be mindful of who you're going to war with; everyone has a point a which they snap; G's rep here is sullied- your mission is accomplished...going that extra mile could prove regrettable; slander and libel are serious offenses....when I started a post about another guy in Tx it was simply to hold him up to the light and get the parts he owed me..and it worked, a week later my parts showed up...I didn't make a list of places to go and share my bad experience
---
...you started this thread to get some money back...that ain't happening, it might be time to turn the page...my $0.02

...be mindful of who you're going to war with; everyone has a point a which they snap; G's rep here is sullied- your mission is accomplished...going that extra mile could prove regrettable; slander and libel are serious offenses....when I started a post about another guy in Tx it was simply to hold him up to the light and get the parts he owed me..and it worked, a week later my parts showed up...I didn't make a list of places to go and share my bad experience
---
...you started this thread to get some money back...that ain't happening, it might be time to turn the page...my $0.02

I'm not worried about what he might do if you are implying that something bad would come of it. I am mostly worried about LOD and LVC because I know people from both. I'm not so much worried about forums other than those two.

I don't think a court would consider anything I've said slander or libel, but I am not a lawyer, judge, or jury member. Regardless, I'd just like to warn fellow Lincoln owners. It is market feedback, doesn't mean it's always going to be in a favorable light.

And finally, at this point, I'm not really concerned about the money. What is done is done, but I'd at least like some acknowledgement or an apology. It's an honor thing to me.

Calls for an ass whoopin in my book............ I would never in my conscious life time sell a person a car i know is messed i feel for you man. Before i buy on a forum i get second opinions. I bought my car i have now from this forum. Thanks to UltimateSVT it was a great buy for me. Im slowly peice by peice making the car perfect maintenance wise

Calls for an ass whoopin in my book............ I would never in my conscious life time sell a person a car i know is messed i feel for you man. Before i buy on a forum i get second opinions. I bought my car i have now from this forum. Thanks to UltimateSVT it was a great buy for me. Im slowly peice by peice making the car perfect maintenance wise

I know what you're saying. I tried to do my research on the guy and didn't return anything bad, so I went for it. I should have bought midnightmark's car. Already had the performance stuff done to it, a ton less miles, and cheaper. This sure was an expensive lesson...

What is done is done, but I'd at least like some acknowledgement or an apology. It's an honor thing to me.
----
I get where you're coming from- I've been there, Ed Lezon, Coral Springs Fla; dba Lincolns of Largo
If honor were involved this thread never would have started, si? Not everyone is honorable...an apology from the seller might suggest fault which would only lead to possible litigation and court ordered reimbursement- so that ain't happening.
---
next time you're thinking of buying from somebody, just start a thread titled
"Has anybody bought parts from____"
I did that before sending an LVCer $400 for parts
-in hindsight, I won't do biz with someone who can't receive Paypal

That is the key.
Greg needs to man up and post.
Sale1
The car was in need and the buyer should have caught it, he admits this, fact is, G-man sold the car knowing it was messed up the brakes were fubar.
Sale 2
The short block should have come apart, inspected, put back together before the install.
The buyer didn't do that and a price was paid.
The short block was and now is garbage.
G-man is gone like the wind.... its bullchit.
He sold a crap car, and a crap short block.

He has been on, he has read all of this
He has posted nothing.
His name is mudd at this point.

I used to stand up for GMAN and got along with him but things have changed. My first dealing with him I sold him many cherry parts for dirt cheap cause he needed them for a project. Turned out most were resold for a big profit. He then sent me some free evap cans and I thought that was really cool but afterwards it was just a downhill travel. I know Jamie bought some CE wood parts that were represented as perfect but in reality were worthless. Sold Sapperfire the biggest POS Mark I have ever seen and then sold him a Cobra plenum for a ridiculous price because the part was needed right away. Also sold us an engine that was supposed to be already pulled but upon arrival Sapper had to pull the whole thing himself.
Problem is he is not as savvy as he thinks with Mark repairs and does not properly fix them and then sells them for ridiculous prices. He also never properly represents anything he sells.
When I sell a part or car its just how I list it. Case and point:

PERFECT condition. Not one single problem with 108K and I sold it for $3700. 1998 LSC

IMGP0563-1.jpg

IMGP0565-1.jpg

1997 LSC in near perfect shape with 158k. $3000
IMGP0293.jpg

Excellent shape 120k mile LSC for $2300
IMG_20130718_180758_422_zpse0b38f41.jpg

Damn nice 97 with 145k on it, $2700.
2012-10-29134541.jpg

Perfect mechanical condition 93 with 120k for $1500.

IMGP0043.jpg

And one unbelievably perfect 95. This car was beyond clean. $3000.

2013-02-25132529_zps03777bfb.jpg

2013-02-25132251_zpse87e6f2c.jpg

Why is it now everyone has a horror story about dealing with GMAN, when just before this everyone was fine, if you look on here deep enough im sure alot of people here could have a similar issue with another memeber. so that said, anyone can put a price for what they feel anything is worth, and if a person pays it then oh well, but to come on here and trash a person on a deal they agreed to is wrong, i agree with GMAN, there isnt anything he can say thats going to change the flow here, so caulk it up as lesson learned and move on to another deal. ive done deals with him and have had good results so i feel its a 2 sided story and people are only taking one side and running with it.

i agree with GMAN, there isnt anything he can say thats going to change the flow here, so caulk it up as lesson learned and move on to another deal. ive done deals with him and have had good results so i feel its a 2 sided story and people are only taking one side and running with it.

If there are two sides to every story were is Greg to tell his side?
He needs to post, come up with something to say.

He screwed two people over, you want to defend a man who won't defend himself?
Hats of to you brother.

lol ford nut, dont get it twisted, im not trying to defend greg, he's a grown man and thats on him to defend himself, i just felt its distracting to the true nature of this forum, i mean,he sold the car and it had documented problems, thats a known fact and no dispute about it, the buyer may have over paid, but then again isnt price subjective? he got a car with a terminator bumper and cobra brakes, the build of the car was documented on this forum, so the info was there, the buyer didnt have to pay the amount, im sure it could have been negotiated, but he agreed and its done... now lets think about it, who would be willing to renegotiate a price on a car you sold thats in another state and you cant see for youreself the issues in question?? again im not defending greg per say, im just looking at both sides of the issue and my dealing past present and future have no bearing. ive been told to go to .org because of my view, but its funny to me how much testosterone is available over the web. in the end its greg to decide whats good for greg, not anyone else and he doesnt owe me you or anyone else an explanation, except the person he did the deal with if he chooses to. ive done deals with members here and other forums that went bad and frankly i knew the deal was done ,i just moved on and didnt deal with them anymore....have a good night guys and i hope he gets all the issues worked out with the car, im sure once thats done he'll be happy.

Not twisted here, I didn't buy anything from Greg.
Thought about it.
Sure glad I didn't.
I was kicking around getting the short block this poor guy bought.
So did a few other members.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/modular-engine-parts/1434338-je-pistons-0-20-lots-pics.html

Its not right, and should be made right.
Greg is nowhere to be found, I guess that is what is good for Greg.
The car is a small part of it, the engine is another story.

How would you feel if you installed that short block in your car and it flew apart because it was assembled wrong?
Not to mention all the crap he had to go through to get this hand grenade.

i see youre point about the engine,but im not the person to ask that question, my experience working in automotive repair shops to at one time working for a custom engine builder and seeing all the short cuts taken during that time leads me to never trust anyones repairs or engine work,especially performance.. but in the past i would have been pretty pissed if it were me. im not saying its right what happened , i guess im looking at it half full instead of half empty, i feel he has a good base to build from and in the end i hope hes happy with it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back