Gman

i see youre point about the engine,but im not the person to ask that question, my experience working in automotive repair shops to at one time working for a custom engine builder and seeing all the short cuts taken during that time leads me to never trust anyones repairs or engine work,especially performance.. but in the past i would have been pretty pissed if it were me. im not saying its right what happened , i guess im looking at it half full instead of half empty, i feel he has a good base to build from and in the end i hope hes happy with it.

good base to build from? i guess after spending an extra few hundred on fixing and prepping the block, and buying new pistons/rings/bearings for another $1100, i NOW have a good base to build from. Should have just built it all myself to begin with. Instead, i bought that grenade and I'm fighting a collection agency because even though i paid for shipping up front, he sent it COD. Luckily (not so lucky, i suppose), they didn't notice that part when i picked it up at the freight location.

Look at his post^^^^^ I don't think he is happy.
Buyer beware on used cars, I get that.
The short block should have been taken apart, inspected, reassembled, I get that.
I am sure it is a "live and learn" deal for '04 PonyPackage...Shrouded Snake.

Charging twice for shipping?
Not responding to buyers issues?
That is the bullchit part.

We don't have a feed back section.
This is it.

Look at his post^^^^^ I don't think he is happy.
Buyer beware on used cars, I get that.
The short block should have been taken apart, inspected, reassembled, I get that.
I am sure it is a "live and learn" deal for '04 PonyPackage...Shrouded Snake.

Charging twice for shipping?
Not responding to buyers issues?
That is the bullchit part.

We don't have a feed back section.
This is it.
100% on the money here.

In my experience when someone is defending a scammer it is either:

A. A close friend or family member of the scammer or:

B. The scammer himself.

I can't say definitely that this is the case here but it follows the pattern.

I guess I will come out and describe my dealings. Bought a 93 Mark VIII from him in 07 and it had been recently painted also. Whoever he gets his paint job done from is far from a professional. I will say this, my brother painted the car in the back yard and it looks 10x better so you get the idea. Mechanically it has been fine except the transmission is done which was rebuilt by him (from someone?) 40,000 miles later it needs a replacement because there is a bolt inside the transmission that wasn't done properly. Again the work he does or gets done is not done right like you would expect. Cars are cars so I chalked one up for not ever buying a car that has been painted and has had rebuild stuff. (unless it's done by some perfectionist like we all know that are on LVC and LOD)

Second time was LSC side moldings. Got only three moldings at first and was told the other side broke on him. That's cool, he asked if I would like only three sent now and the other one later or all at the same time. I opted for all at the same time. Got them two months later with one of the moldings cracked. Told him about it and he said he would send another one but never got the replacement. Haven't dealt with him since.

I guess I will come out and describe my dealings. Bought a 93 Mark VIII from him in 07 and it had been recently painted also. Whoever he gets his paint job done from is far from a professional. I will say this, my brother painted the car in the back yard and it looks 10x better so you get the idea. Mechanically it has been fine except the transmission is done which was rebuilt by him (from someone?) 40,000 miles later it needs a replacement because there is a bolt inside the transmission that wasn't done properly. Again the work he does or gets done is not done right like you would expect. Cars are cars so I chalked one up for not ever buying a car that has been painted and has had rebuild stuff. (unless it's done by some perfectionist like we all know that are on LVC and LOD)

Second time was LSC side moldings. Got only three moldings at first and was told the other side broke on him. That's cool, he asked if I would like only three sent now and the other one later or all at the same time. I opted for all at the same time. Got them two months later with one of the moldings cracked. Told him about it and he said he would send another one but never got the replacement. Haven't dealt with him since.

I don't have time to respond to everyone, but this one hits the nail on the head.

I believe Greg thought everything was good and that he did good work. That is simply not the case. After going through the car more and more, it was not done right. I fear for the "rebuilt" transmission.

I've replaced nearly the entire suspension, so it at least rides nicely and drive straight. The engine needs tended to (oil pan gasket and adapter gasket), but it's alright.

The paint is honestly my biggest hang up. I finally made a deal with the devil to have it painted Tuxedo Black at MRT in Michigan. I know it will be done correctly and the car will finally be close to worth the $4500 I paid.

All in all, I just wish Greg could say something. I'm not going to take him to court, as it's nearly as much my fault as it is his. I just would like acknowledgement that he sold a POS Mark.

I know you are hang up on this car and my brother was too(the 93 Mark VIII we bought from Gman). He has spent a lot of time with fixing little issues here and there and still has some to fix still. My brother was stubborn because it is his first car and it looks like you would rather fix this than get another one. If the funds are there, buy a clean Mark VIII with good paint and transfer the stuff you like from this one over and part the rest. Paint will take +2K for a nice paint job, probably more. Then there is the high mileage engine and trans.

So i'm stuck paying for shipping again. The lowlife piece of **** that greg is won't cooperate with the freight company or the collections. So now i will have spent well over $400 on shipping for a piece of **** engine.

Karma is coming. He will have his day and no one will be they to help him because he ****s everyone over. And I will be there laughing.

So i'm stuck paying for shipping again. The lowlife piece of **** that greg is won't cooperate with the freight company or the collections. So now i will have spent well over $400 on shipping for a piece of **** engine.

Karma is coming. He will have his day and no one will be they to help him because he ****s everyone over. And I will be there laughing.
I hate to hear that, it was a chance for him to do something.
Maybe Karma will bite him in the ass, after all he bought Lincoln boys CE.

Bringing this up to the top, for anyone who may be thinking of purchasing anything from Gman...

Members online

Back