Gen2 Heatshield Development Thread

I do need to know the exact outside dimension of the filter cover tube where it fits into the rest of the air intake tube so I know which MAF adapter to order

Last edited:
attachment.jpg

I do need to know the exact outside dimension of the filter cover tube where it fits into the rest of the air intake tube so I know which MAF adapter to order

Gen2 guys...anyone...

Ok fellas, I need a volunteer from a member that has a gen2 with the KKM intake. Lsemex04 has installed one of my heatshields in his gen 2 but I need a second member to verify fitment and, in return, that member will get a free heatshield. You must have a gen2 (03-06) LS with the KKM intake. IIRC the KKM intakes are the same for the V8 and V6 so either one will work. I need high-res pics of the heatshield installed with and without a filter installed from a few different angles so I can post pics in my for sale thread and on ebay. I have a heatshield fabricated and packaged ready to ship out. 1st come, 1st serve. Thanks in advance for the help.

^ folks, your looking at one cool dude right here! ^

Lee, you never answered my question in the other thread. Well That's Fantastic !?!?

I have a KKM but i'm not home right now. good luck on everything and i'll be buying one if you get the heatshield to work

Ok fellas, I need a volunteer from a member that has a gen2 with the KKM intake. Lsemex04 has installed one of my heatshields in his gen 2 but I need a second member to verify fitment and, in return, that member will get a free heatshield. You must have a gen2 (03-06) LS with the KKM intake. IIRC the KKM intakes are the same for the V8 and V6 so either one will work. I need high-res pics of the heatshield installed with and without a filter installed from a few different angles so I can post pics in my for sale thread and on ebay. I have a heatshield fabricated and packaged ready to ship out. 1st come, 1st serve. Thanks in advance for the help.

:yourock:

What question is that?

Say Hite, are you getting rubbing marks on your AMSI intake from the hood liner ?

attachment.jpg

I'm sure I can polish it clean but it doesn't look like I can relocate the AMSI downwards as to avoid the hood liner rubbing on it.

Maybe cut an inlay out of the hood liner to allow some room ?

I'm sure I can polish it clean but it doesn't look like I can relocate the AMSI downwards as to avoid the hood liner rubbing on it.

Maybe cut an inlay out of the hood liner to allow some room ?

I have no issues with mine. Make sure your hood liner is attached firmly and not sagging.
Sorry man....I just got so excited about a gen2 heatshield!

Saggin hood liner, hmm, ok, I'll check that.
thanks.

mine doesn't rub either, check to make sure the front is bolted (near the filter) / attached correctly

+1, I'll have to have another look at it,
coming off the TB it shouldn't be sitting any higher then anyone else's.

Hey mex...try to take off the braket that holds the factory air box and bolt the heatshield on where the braket bolts on. It may fit better and looks a little better. Let me know

Anyone?

gen2...KKM...
gen2...KKM...
free heatshield...

I think there's a pic of a Gen 1 ebay intake one floating around on someone's phone...

Why don't you just build a true CAI it works a lot better and makes the car sound better

Members online

No members online now.
Back