Gen2 Heatshield Development Thread

hite337

Hite Performance
Reaction score
I do need to know the exact outside dimension of the filter cover tube where it fits into the rest of the air intake tube so I know which MAF adapter to order

Last edited:

hite337

Hite Performance
Reaction score
attachment.jpg

I do need to know the exact outside dimension of the filter cover tube where it fits into the rest of the air intake tube so I know which MAF adapter to order

Gen2 guys...anyone...

hite337

Hite Performance
Reaction score
Ok fellas, I need a volunteer from a member that has a gen2 with the KKM intake. Lsemex04 has installed one of my heatshields in his gen 2 but I need a second member to verify fitment and, in return, that member will get a free heatshield. You must have a gen2 (03-06) LS with the KKM intake. IIRC the KKM intakes are the same for the V8 and V6 so either one will work. I need high-res pics of the heatshield installed with and without a filter installed from a few different angles so I can post pics in my for sale thread and on ebay. I have a heatshield fabricated and packaged ready to ship out. 1st come, 1st serve. Thanks in advance for the help.

RigsLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
^ folks, your looking at one cool dude right here! ^

Lee, you never answered my question in the other thread. Well That's Fantastic !?!?

weezyls03

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a KKM but i'm not home right now. good luck on everything and i'll be buying one if you get the heatshield to work

lsemex04

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok fellas, I need a volunteer from a member that has a gen2 with the KKM intake. Lsemex04 has installed one of my heatshields in his gen 2 but I need a second member to verify fitment and, in return, that member will get a free heatshield. You must have a gen2 (03-06) LS with the KKM intake. IIRC the KKM intakes are the same for the V8 and V6 so either one will work. I need high-res pics of the heatshield installed with and without a filter installed from a few different angles so I can post pics in my for sale thread and on ebay. I have a heatshield fabricated and packaged ready to ship out. 1st come, 1st serve. Thanks in advance for the help.

:yourock:

RigsLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What question is that?

Say Hite, are you getting rubbing marks on your AMSI intake from the hood liner ?

attachment.jpg

I'm sure I can polish it clean but it doesn't look like I can relocate the AMSI downwards as to avoid the hood liner rubbing on it.

Maybe cut an inlay out of the hood liner to allow some room ?

hite337

Hite Performance
Reaction score
I'm sure I can polish it clean but it doesn't look like I can relocate the AMSI downwards as to avoid the hood liner rubbing on it.

Maybe cut an inlay out of the hood liner to allow some room ?

I have no issues with mine. Make sure your hood liner is attached firmly and not sagging.
Sorry man....I just got so excited about a gen2 heatshield!

RigsLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Saggin hood liner, hmm, ok, I'll check that.
thanks.

G-RELL

FULLY DIPPED LS
Reaction score
mine doesn't rub either, check to make sure the front is bolted (near the filter) / attached correctly

RigsLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
+1, I'll have to have another look at it,
coming off the TB it shouldn't be sitting any higher then anyone else's.

hite337

Hite Performance
Reaction score
Hey mex...try to take off the braket that holds the factory air box and bolt the heatshield on where the braket bolts on. It may fit better and looks a little better. Let me know

hite337

Hite Performance
Reaction score

Anyone?

gen2...KKM...
gen2...KKM...
free heatshield...

jolinc01

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I think there's a pic of a Gen 1 ebay intake one floating around on someone's phone...

1nastyls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Why don't you just build a true CAI it works a lot better and makes the car sound better

Members online