Gen2 3.9L V8 - Intake Manifold Gasket Index

Lincoln LS

1. DeviLSh

DeviLSh Well-Known LVC Member

Wanted to make a new thread, as I cannot locate a comprehensive thread on LVC that lists all gaskets associated with the V8's intake manifold.

There are a total of 6 Gasket locations that attach to the manifold assembly.

1) Lower Manifold Gasket (2) (From spacers to head) - MotorCraft 2W9Z-9439-AA OR FelPro MS69293

2) Upper Manifold Gasket (8) (From Spacer to Plenum)
    a. EBAY Seller
    b. TBD for other style seal (See picture below)
    3) Throttle Body to Eblow (1) (TB Gasket) - MAHLE G31842

4) Elbow to Plenum (1) (Elbow gasket) - MAHLE G31844

5) Plenum to Rear Cover gasket (1) - Jaguar AJ87992 OR the kit here: MAHLE MS19424

6) EGR to Elbow (1) (EGR Intake side gasket) - Motorcraft 2W7Z-9D476-AA
    Thought this would be a good resource for anyone looking to replace gaskets, having it all in one place. We can update this thread for other vendors, pricing and reviews on the gaskets. Some other good links and images available here in the LS MAHLE catalog (I have had good results from this supplier)

Regarding Item 2b above:
    I am on the quest to find a set of upper seals as I approach my intake manifold replacement project. I have searched ebay, Jag sites, Ford/Lincoln sites, etc - and have not been able to locate a set of uppers yet that match the ones I removed.

This image below shows the comparison of the kit from 2a above, vs what I found when I cracked open the upper/lower version of a spare 2006 manifold I have. Note the lack of large black tabs on my OEM red gaskets that are present of the replacements.

35299736382_51bede1d06_z.jpg

If anyone has access to a set of these gaskets pictured, please share. Otherwise one might have to get creative, order an entire assembly ($$$) or reuse.

Pic for reference of gasket locations:
    s6x~us~en~file=n0005345.gif~gen~ref.gif

s6x~us~en~file=n0037013.gif~gen~ref.gif

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  2. SeaPro

SeaPro Active LVC Member

I have reused these gaskets with no issue. They are silicone and appear to be very durable. I know others here will probably spaz on the thought, and honestly given the trouble of doing this work I would agree, but in a pinch it worked for me.

3. DeviLSh

Just ordered these, as they appear to look like the ones from my donor LS manifold. Looks like late LS's might have began using parts from LandRover. About $10 each shipped, or $80 for the set.

Item 2b:
    LR006678

I will confirm fitment when they show up.

4. 1LoudLS

1LoudLS Dedicated LVC Member

damn, 10 bucks a pop for a rubber ring?

5. DeviLSh

They probably sell very little of these and when they do its usually for the Rover or Jag, so par for the course. Some LR and Jag owners have spotted leaks from these, so at least they are available for us - beats paying god knows what for a used or NOS complete manifold. You can get the whole set for $68 shipped on ebay too, little better. Some of the kits include the metal lower gaskets too.