FRPP 4:10s and Traction Loc

Not enough ppl use it maybe. Or the Admin are mainly Mark guys who dont come here. I got Dj' Official ls owner guide thread to be a sticky by send Joey a pm asking if he could do it

i want to do just the 8.8 carrier swap and stick with my stock ratio! is there a certain year carrier i have to look for or just any 28 spline 8.8?

I think he meant to get one (an 8.8 carrier) that was limited slip already. Still, why not just buy a traction loc unit and install it in the 8.0 carrier since its been proven to fit already (and you reuse your proper fitting 8.0 ring and pinion, and don't need a special carrier bracket and possibly drive shaft mods).

oh so the trac-lock is the one i want. im fine with my gears i just hate 1 wheel peel

Why would you do that? There is no gain if you are keeping the stock ratio.

agreed, thats an awful lot of work (fabbing up new mounts, new drive shaft...)

just to keep the same gear set, expecially since a LSD can be put into the stock carrier, the whole point of going from the 8.0 to the 8.8 is so that one can gear up.

agreed, thats an awful lot of work (fabbing up new mounts, new drive shaft...)

just to keep the same gear set, expecially since a LSD can be put into the stock carrier, the whole point of going from the 8.0 to the 8.8 is so that one can gear up.

This is what I meant I dont want to change the whole carrier I wanna use the 8.8 lsd in my 8.0 carrier with my stock gears. I just worded it wrong.

So back to my original question: is there a certain year and model lsd I need to have? If so then what r they?

upload_2019-3-14_11-37-14.png

getting some vibration in my gen 2 with this swap suspecting it's the passenger side CV and that it's too long

Members online

Back