FRPP 4:10s and Traction Loc

Or should I saw I thought it was bad for the trans.

I actually think if I put it SST in 5th it will stay there.

SO there is a cross member that has to be modified to do this 8.8 4:10 swap... i read this hole thread and its still not clean to me...

I saw the pics but cant tell what was changed... if a cross brace is need can you guys fab them up and produce them to the public.... I will try this on my gen 2..

I could fab another crossmember up for ya if you need. It will not be free of course. I still need to weld Jason's crossmember up on the end so that the ends of the tube cannot allow corrosion inside. Maybe whenever I do that I can remember to take a measurement or two of the brace I made. The night I made his it was just too damn late and I was too tired to sit there and record angles and distances for future use.

give me a price... the only other thing that needs to be changed to make it work is the drive line correct?

give me a price... the only other thing that needs to be changed to make it work is the drive line correct?

For your Gen 2 to get a 8.8" LSD with 4.10's it will need to have Gen1 axles, Mark VIII center section with all guts, Modified driveshaft, and of course the brace itself.

I will send you a PM on what I would charge to make something like that for you.

@ 02LSE96LSC91SE84TC:

Did this mod affect Traction Control or stability control?

In my cousin's T-Bird, when he put it TORSEN diff, the traction control does not work anymore as both wheels spin ALL the time and TC checks if one rear wheel spins faster than the other.

it will still work. if you use a LSD... not sure about teh torsion diff... is it like a locker or spool?

it will still work. if you use a LSD... not sure about teh torsion diff... is it like a locker or spool?

TORSEN accomplishes the same thing as LSD - applies torque to both wheels.

If the LS TC or AdvanceTrak checks only speed of rear wheels to control traction it will let you spin them even thought you won't be going anywhere.

if it is like a LSD, TC will still work... A LSD will still let the inside tire slow down in a turn.. thats why they are used in road racing...

the LSD is used in the mustang GT's, Mach 1's and cobras... all equipped with LSD's with TC.

TC also uses front wheel speeds. thats why TC has to be off to run on a dyno..

the TC still works. So far the LSD far surpasses the traction control system so I always turn it off.

For your Gen 2 to get a 8.8" LSD with 4.10's it will need to have Gen1 axles, Mark VIII center section with all guts, Modified driveshaft, and of course the brace itself.

I will send you a PM on what I would charge to make something like that for you.

Don't forget the Gen1 diff cover, the Gen2 one don't work....you knew that.

Advance Trac and Traction Control all work fine. With the LSD in place they actually activate ALOT less since the rear tires are more tied togather.

I too turn it off most of the time, with the trans firmness I have it tends to kick in on 1-2 shifts giving me a brief bog, rather annoying.

***In my best Steve Irwin voice*** Notice...If you have found this thread you may have actually used the "search" function. The elusive "search" function is a nocturnal creature that few have rarely seen, and even less have used. For those more intelligent this is also a sticky at the top of the forum... ;)

will this diff work for the 410 swap???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lincoln-Mark-VIII-Rear-End-Center-Section-T-Bird_W0QQitemZ260314741222QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item260314741222&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

please copy paste my links never work...

yes, any irs 8.8 from mark VIII/ T-Bird should work. he says he has more too.

Does anyone know what differential the 5spd V6 comes with? I want an LSD SOOOOO bad !!! I can only drift on wet floor cause on dry road only 1 tire would spin..

Any help?? pls

Members online

No members online now.
Back