Flowmaster 40's

Now I'm talked into selling them lol. I'm gonna try 2 X pipes and then finish it off with the 97 tips I have. I can always add mufflers the same day if needed. If it sounds anything like the muffler delete I have now, I'll leave it. I do not want raspy. To me, that sounds like sh:shifty:t. I just want a nice dual sound with some deepness to it.

Grab our all stainless kit for only $274.99, cheapest it's ever been.

That video of the LSC on here sounds like my car straightpiped. I hollowed the front cats, cut the resonators, and 3rd resonator off, and cut off both mufflers. It sounds pretty neat, but I need to tame it down.

Anyone in CA. add the 40 series yet. I got a line on a like new set and wonder how it will sound with the rest of the exhaust stock.
How bad do they resonate inside the car with rear mont and factory cats.

Ok none of yall have mentioned the flowmaster 44 i think thats the number anyway the black ones. I have them on mine with an X-pipe and 2 1/4 pipeing and none of that clanky metalic sound. Had a 60 yo man make the comment that a luxury car should never have exaust on it the day before i put it on and after he heard it said that it fit the car very nice not over the top just a nice V8 sound that fit the look of the car and wanted to know who did it they sound completly diff then the 40 series

Ok none of yall have mentioned the flowmaster 44 i think thats the number anyway the black ones. I have them on mine with an X-pipe and 2 1/4 pipeing and none of that clanky metalic sound. Had a 60 yo man make the comment that a luxury car should never have exaust on it the day before i put it on and after he heard it said that it fit the car very nice not over the top just a nice V8 sound that fit the look of the car and wanted to know who did it they sound completly diff then the 40 series

What? :confused:

I have FLOWMASTERS on mine & NO X-pipe. I need to find out what series they are though, I bought the entire USED exhaust from the cats back for $120.00 about 5 months ago. Granted, one of the mufflers sounds like it's got no life left in it but the exhaust doesn't sound bad at all & I have NO drone noise in the car. I can't hear it & NO I'M NOT DEAF! lol

No cats 2-1-2 2.25 with a 3 inch center pipe. Flos where the stock muffs used to be. Sounds beautiful. I love the drone and the crackle on good hill.

Anyone in CA. add the 40 series yet. I got a line on a like new set and wonder how it will sound with the rest of the exhaust stock.
How bad do they resonate inside the car with rear mont and factory cats.

This is what I have on my 93 and I like it. It has the rumble for town and pretty quite at highway speed.

I compared my friends chevy truck with flowmaster to a buddys 99 cobra with magnaflows and I really like the magnaflow sound better. The stang has a cat back on it so it wasnt really a fair comparison but it was enough for me to know that im going to use magnaflow when Im ready.

IMHO Blowmasters sound poopalicious on these cars. To each his own though.

i ran a couple of different sets of flowmasters on my 95.

at first it was ok, but over time, as the insides rust, corrode from all the water in the exhaust they start sounding like crap.

after 3 sets of rusted out flowmasters i put magnaflow ultraflows on the car.

a much more mellow sound that didn't get worse over time like the flowmasters did.

and I agree the rear mount mufflers aren't easy to make sound good.

IMHO a dual in dual out muffler in the spot the third cat/resonator is sounds much much better...and the pipe after the muffler does alot to improve sound/decrease drone.

I was gonna sell both for $80 locally because shipping would probably be a bit high. Pics of them are below.

DSC01071.JPG

DSC01070.JPG

2.25" in and out and never used. They are in the original box also.

Last edited:
If I had the cash I'd buy them from ya! What's the price on them anyway just so I know.

I hope you would not be putting them on your mark, thats why no limit didn't put them on, they sound like aids in a gay bar, when i started redoing my caar, i cut them off and threw them in the bushes, i hated those muffleres with a passion

I like the sound of one X, which I have and will be installed in a week or so. It's an OEM Shelby GT 500 X-pipe. I just want that and then piped out to the tips and get rid of the 3rd cat and res.

I loved the sound of my 94 with no mufflers. If what I do is too loud, mufflers can always be added to quiet any drone. No exhaust inspections where I live.

i had the third cat cut out, no mufflers, it was stupid loud, i would suggest some type of muffler

Members online

No members online now.
Back