First Step To Good Sound

The LS kit is a X followed by Magnapaks and the rear bumper mufflers. None the less almost duoble muffled. I'm guessing Magnapaks aren't as quit as a complete muffler.

i thinking double x pipes and mandrel bend kit. with super44s in black offset same side

i thinking double x pipes and mandrel bend kit. with super44s in black offset same side

Did you get the link I sent to you for the Flowmasters? I PM'd it to you a few days ago. Wasn't sure if you got it or not.

Now, this sound right here IMO, sounds like sh!t and this is what I wanted to stay away from. He might like it but I'm not hearing anything good about it. Sounds like an old Ford truck straight piped with a 302 under the hood.

Mark VIII Exhaust Straight Pipe - YouTube

yes i got the link thanks . i decided against the magna flow mufflers and wanted the supper44's which are black so dont show as bad from the back. also the cheapest i can find is 156 for 2 of them. but untill i get my airride problems fixed . mufflers are the last thing i will do. now i need 3 good used front air shocks. i'm poor!

yes i got the link thanks . i decided against the magna flow mufflers and wanted the supper44's which are black so dont show as bad from the back. also the cheapest i can find is 156 for 2 of them. but untill i get my airride problems fixed . mufflers are the last thing i will do. now i need 3 good used front air shocks. i'm poor!

I think the Magnaflows I got were between $175 and $180 for both and the inlet and outlet are offset to the side so that the muffler itself can be tucked way up in there.

Magnaflow-2_zps2db0eec4.jpg

Kinda hard to tell in this pic but they will tuck in out of sight.

Alright, just ordered the 2.5 SS exhaust kit off eBay. Estimated delivery: Between Monday, Jan. 14 and Friday, Jan. 18

Now I'll just have to pay to have it installed and I'm done.

trubendz_tbird_tubing_pic.jpg

hey nolimit, i can't tell from your previous pictures, what offset did you buy for your 2 rear magnaflow mufflers, are they center/offset or center/center. I'll be watching this thread as you get it installed, make sure to take pics of the rear mufflers and tail pipes. Need to know which offset mufflers to buy to make sure they line up with the tail pipes and exhaust tip cutout on rear bumper.

hey nolimit, i can't tell from your previous pictures, what offset did you buy for your 2 rear magnaflow mufflers, are they center/offset or center/center. I'll be watching this thread as you get it installed, make sure to take pics of the rear mufflers and tail pipes. Need to know which offset mufflers to buy to make sure they line up with the tail pipes and exhaust tip cutout on rear bumper.

14211.jpg

They should line up just like DLF's. Everything back there is the same stuff.

lscex5.JPG

LSCTips.JPG

You still need 4 45 deg mandrel bends to make up the front section from cats to mid muffler. Don't let no shop crush bend these pipes, as they like to slip them over the original sections as they exit the flanges (by the trans mount hanger). The stock piping is double walled there, and barely 1-3/4" ID. You have to go all the way to the flange on the driver's side, and all the way up to the cat on the right side for this mod to make any sense, especially if you're using 2.5" piping.

You still need 4 45 deg mandrel bends to make up the front section from cats to mid muffler. Don't let no shop crush bend these pipes, as they like to slip them over the original sections as they exit the flanges (by the trans mount hanger). The stock piping is double walled there, and barely 1-3/4" ID. You have to go all the way to the flange on the driver's side, and all the way up to the cat on the right side for this mod to make any sense, especially if you're using 2.5" piping.

This is what I got. If anything more is needed, they'll let me know before they take anything apart and it will be ordered. Nothing will be crush bent. I'll make sure of that.

[url]http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/the-117/93-dsh-98-MARK-VIII-EXHAUST/Detail[/URL]

I like the sound but a tad too loud for me. Seems like I seen this the other night on here. :confused: I'm just wanting to try and keep mine low toned as possible but breathable, without the 3rd cat & res. I just went and looked at it and I don't see where I'll be needing any 45 degree bends with the kit I bought. Looks like a direct bolt on and it comes with all the hardware and is designed for an X to be put in place. I believe it will be all I'll need from what I can see.

nice but ouch for price! i guess i dont need stainless here in south georgia

I don't need it here in Alabama either but wanted to go all out besides getting headers and yes, ouch on that price. I don't drive in the rain and could have gotten by with the $180 kit but hell, $100 more ain't gonna kill me. Now I know there are no worries with it. Nobody in Alabama has a mandrel bender (from what the exhaust man said) so, that's another reason I ordered the kit and it might be possible for me to bolt most of it up myself and then just take it for welding and tip positioning.

SS looks much better, imo...hopefully this weekend I can paint my FM's bar-b-que black

I like the sound but a tad too loud for me. Seems like I seen this the other night on here. :confused: I'm just wanting to try and keep mine low toned as possible but breathable, without the 3rd cat & res. I just went and looked at it and I don't see where I'll be needing any 45 degree bends with the kit I bought. Looks like a direct bolt on and it comes with all the hardware and is designed for an X to be put in place. I believe it will be all I'll need from what I can see.

Don't seem to loud to me but based on that the set up your planing should work for ya. Again I believe it will be similar tone to my LS, which I like but I think is on the quite side.

I threw the link in here cause I wasn't sure if you saw the other thread.

I wish I could get on the ball and get my exhaust done. I am anxious to hear yours as well Terry.

My set up will be terminator manifolds, no cats, double x pipe (not the x muff) and two magnaflows out back. Should sound a little rowdy? But I like em a little on the loud side.

You should hear my '94 GT..... stock headers, offroad H, single chamber race flowmasters and stock tailpipes.... has to be the best sounding stock 5.0 Mustang I've ever heard.... and its not overkill... the tone is amazing.

Those 5.0s always could produce some amazing exhaust notes
I want to build a system for my Mountaineer just because it's a 5.0

Members online

No members online now.
Back