Feeler: '98 LSC Motor 80K Miles

falcon50

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
How much could I get for a '98 LSC motor with 80K miles? The car is still my daily driver so test drives are possible. The motor won't be available until the end of July. I'm thinking of putting a sign up at Carlisle.

I'll give you $100..double your money!
:joke

Shoot, my deals get locked up. Stuff all over the place! LOL The 500 dollar price I stated is kinda the price everyone wants to pay for one. The guy I got mine from said he paid 1200 but peeps like to pad #'s.

Shoot, my deals get locked up. Stuff all over the place! LOL The 500 dollar price I stated is kinda the price everyone wants to pay for one. The guy I got mine from said he paid 1200 but peeps like to pad #'s.
what do you think inspired that guy to let it go for $50? That's quite a 'loss' on his part

I think the u-pull places around here are about $300-ish.

About 3 years ago, I bought a 98 engine with 67k miles, to put in my 97. I paid $800 for it. Normally, I wouldn't have spent that much for a used engine, but the extra cost was worth it to me, considering the fact that they pulled the engine themselves, and it came with a new-ish set of Kooks headers installed (no extra charge). I was even able to use the engine harness that came with it. They didn't cut one single wire, and didn't hurt the headers either. I was REALLY impressed. Much better than I would have done at a u-pull....

So, in conclusion, I wouldn't expect much more than $500, unless you include a nice set of headers with them. ;)

Thanks for the input. I am doing a terminator motor. I am hoping being able to drive the car before the motor is pulled will make it worth $700.

Members online

Back