Fail-o-ween

Stack

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So heres this EPIC fail on Halloween for the Kid and I...

I have to work all day and night so the Kid so graciously offers to put a thermostat in my car because I have been having some issues with the cooling system... Another Story all together...

Anyways, he gets to my house and after several attempts to gather all the necessary items in one place he starts working on the car...

I get home at 9ish and he is livid. He has put in the thermostat 3 separate times and its leaking out of the passenger side housing bolt and he cant figure out why! I brought home another thermostat, gasket and RTV just in case.

Well instead of messing around all damn night in the cold we RTV the CRAP out of it and get it back in. After ten mins to let it set we fire it up and begin the burp. Low and behold its leaking again. He is about to scream so I grab the light and take a look underneath the car for a fresh set of eyes to see if I can spot the leak or something..

I see the leak at the bolt, but I also see a trail of coolant straight from the crossover all the way down...

Turns out it was never leaking and it was trailing from the filler!

EPIC FAIL!

Commence Heckling

:D

I told him to look for another source of the leak..

+1 for a second set of eyes though/

glad ya'll got it sorted out

Thanks Tommy...

Just a side note for those of you that don't know Kid... This is all in jest. Great kid, very knowledgeable and willing to bend over backwards. This is completely out of the sort for the quality of work he USUALLY does :p

But otherwise, its just been a rough week/weekend for us all :D

Thanks Kid...

hey, stuff like that happens to everyone. just be happy is was a simple fix and didn't cost you anything extra.

:lol: Poor Kid...... nah, its too funny. :D

I had my moment about a month ago. While replacing the main rear brake line on my truck, I thought I`ll just slide it in from the front. It wasn`t happening, so I pulled it out, got out from under the truck and carried it to the back. I failed to realize that I had turned it around. I found out the hard way! It went a lot easier the second time.

Don't worry about the little things. It's the big stuff you should save it for.

Glad you got it fixed.

BTW.....Kid, you get that package?

he knew what it was all along, but he was so bored he played it off just to make it last longer. if he did it quick, he would have had to go back home early and clean his room!

i love it when little jobs like that turn into a pita

LOL I think KK has Tommy on speed dial.

yea... he called, but "wasn't hearing me"..lol

I tried to help him, but he was getting pretty pissed that I was thinking his diagnosis was incorrect.

you could hear his frustration..it sucked I couldn't "talk him down".
haha

DONT JUMP KK!!!

D'oh We've all had those moments. Sucks when the "second set of eyes" walks right over and says "there's your problem" lol

Usually I'm the second set of eyes :D

It was funny as hell though, I'm soaked in coolant wearing a long sleeve shirt and Stack and his dad keep offering me a sweatshirt or jacket and I didn't even feel that cold, I say to Stack how cold is it, 45 degrees... he tells me it was 31!

Lol.... yay MN fall!

im just trying to figure out how the order goes, does he text me or call tommy first? anyone else on the "help line"?

Members online

Back