Exhaust sound clip.

Big Mike

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Wanted to test my new camera's microphone, so, I decided to take a quick video of my exhaust. Post yours too if you want. I know this is nothing new, but hey, I like my exhaust, and I am sure you all like yours too!

**EDIT: Here is a new video with interior sound** Scroll down for original vid. Alot of the rasp in the original video is actually just my mic being too close, I had my brother rev it up with me behind it today because it was buggin me, I was sure it didn't sound as bad as the original video made it seem!

YouTube - '97 Mark VIII 0-50mph Interior Exhaust Sound

youtube.com/watch?v=aWl3r74HMho

Sounds pretty raspy. What did you do go to a parking lot and break into someone's car to test the mic? :D Can not see Shiite not even the headlights nor taillights came on in the dark, nor the interior. You must be a repo man, get in and get out without being noticed or seen. :D

its funny you say that because he hangs out with a repo man lmao. that is his exhaust i know first hand he isnt full of it!

repo man

its funny you say that because he hangs out with a repo man lmao. that is his exhaust i know first hand he isnt full of it!

Thats funny Jamie,Hi, what do you do?Well I hang out with this guy,he's the repo man.Good stuff.I used to repop cares in my other life and have some damn good stories about it to.:)Trouble was nobody wanted to hang out with me when I would go repo the cars.I couldnt understand why.

Sounds pretty raspy. What did you do go to a parking lot and break into someone's car to test the mic? :D Can not see Shiite not even the headlights nor taillights came on in the dark, nor the interior. You must be a repo man, get in and get out without being noticed or seen. :D
Yeah, I do have a friend who does part-time repo, I bought my car from him. It was one of the repos. I go on a few now and then for extra cash too.

Anyway, I kept the lights off and I never showed the interior lights. When I hit record I put the camera down behind the car, got in, did the video, got out, and when I picked the cam up and attempted to show the car I realized it was too dark and shut it off. If you watch the vid in fullscreen, you can see my car in the beginning and the end, it's just really dark with the white background around the video pane that washes it out.

Yeah, I thought it was stock with just some cheap mufflers and I got lucky and it sounded ok, but when he was under it he saw the big ass pipe and then I got down there to see. I was happy.

Thats funny Jamie,Hi, what do you do?Well I hang out with this guy,he's the repo man.Good stuff.I used to repop cares in my other life and have some damn good stories about it to.:)Trouble was nobody wanted to hang out with me when I would go repo the cars.I couldnt understand why.
Yeah, I have had some fun. No real extreme stories but I do have some funny ones.

nice sound
Thanks!

I agree, a little raspy. But, as long as you like it.
It does have some rasp, I am guessing they used the wrong series of muffler when they put them in, but they are real flowmasters. Sounds no worse than a Mark I heard with 2.5'' duals with straight pipes, IMO. When I am driving I can hear the rasp a little from 2k-3500 when I get on it.

I want to have the third converter taken out and see what happens. I may try just a removal of the 3rd cat, but if that's no good, maybe a glasspack in place of it.

The exhaust was free with the car, so I'm not complaining. I like it though for the most part. It's not loud inside, in fact I'd actually be ok with a little more noise, at idle its really soft inside. It really doesn't drone at all either. It was all done with good quality welds and bends and is good quality pipe.

My ears must be fugged up cause it dont sound all raspy to me. Sounds pretty good but I did hear your IAC react slowly for a moment there. May wanna clean it out before it gets bad.

Thanks for the compliment, means alot from someone with a nice car, like you and jamie etc, but he HATES this thing, and I can understand why lol.

The IAC, it's new and good, and I have a known good spare that proves it. I thought it was IAC too. My car has a ghetto repaired intake tube right now and it breathes some unmetered air after the MAF. It will be fixed as soon as I can afford it!

That's only gotta sound good to you, If you like it and the passengers don't they can walk or use there own car. But you might need a light on that camera. Can't wait for my car to come back with some new LMS exhaust on it this week

Members online

Back