Ever had a girl drop nail paint on the leather and she's so hot u cant get mad?

As requested..

Kelyn.gif

Kelyn2.jpg

So, first thing I thought was nail polish remover.. then I thought.. wait a second! that'll leave white spots all around the leather ! then I came seeking for advise.
Its a 10 years old sit that has spent all his life under miami 'burning' sunshine.

Gunther1000: I dont know about trannies.. but dancers use purple nails pretty often ;)

Mechanicboy: I was driving when she started painting her nails.. by the time I realized she had painted 3 nails already so I thought it was too late and I thought she'd never leave the bottle open :mad:

But she did payed off :rolleyes:

She can nail polish my seats any day. I retract any and all previous statements.

As soon as she pull out the polish out of you purse and I ask her not to paint her nail and she didn't I would have put her out. Hell I put my boss out of my car when he wanted to smoke and I did put him out. Now.

i dont know what you just said, but you touched a brothers heart.

As requested..

Kelyn.gif

Kelyn2.jpg

So, first thing I thought was nail polish remover.. then I thought.. wait a second! that'll leave white spots all around the leather ! then I came seeking for advise.
Its a 10 years old sit that has spent all his life under miami 'burning' sunshine.

Gunther1000: I dont know about trannies.. but dancers use purple nails pretty often ;)

Mechanicboy: I was driving when she started painting her nails.. by the time I realized she had painted 3 nails already so I thought it was too late and I thought she'd never leave the bottle open :mad:

But she did payed off :rolleyes:

Oh :q:q:q:q! My bad...

Tranny comment retracted!

Nice Work Son! :eek:

I'm gonna need some better pics pm'ed to me before I offer a solution... :shifty:

lol. Just kidding. I've been thinking about it. Give me a little bit, and I should have a solution for you.

OK, not to be crude or anything... But that girl can drop whatever she wants to on my seats!

Have you tried scraping it off with a plastic scraper, or your fingernail? How big of a spot are we talking about here? The seat was probably not prepped for painting, so you might get lucky and it will peel off. My drivers seat however has had a few small flecks of red from when it was in the body shop. They have been stuck to the seat for the last 93K miles, but they are almost gone.

nice work

a girl once dropped chocolate ice cream on my seat, almost slapped the sh!t of her, wiped it up and theres only an outline of where it was and its pretty hard to see since i have black seats

I would actually try some nail polish remover on a microfiber towel. Try it on an inconspicuous area first for colorfastness. I also agree with scjmc. have you tried picking at it a little?

I was also going to suggest some laquer thinner. Don't know which would be more effective. I believe nail polish remover is acetone.

I should have a solution for you.

U dont fail dude !! U've post on all my threads in over 2 years ! Thanks for the support man !

OK, not to be crude or anything... But that girl can drop whatever she wants to on my seats!

title said it all.. too hot to get mad.

Have you tried scraping it off with a plastic scraper, or your fingernail? How big of a spot are we talking about here? The seat was probably not prepped for painting, so you might get lucky and it will peel off. My drivers seat however has had a few small flecks of red from when it was in the body shop. They have been stuck to the seat for the last 93K miles, but they are almost gone.

I havent tried anything yet, I wanted to first check what u guys have done if you had the same or similar issue.

TWICE! On a serious note....Have you tried diluted Simple Green and a soft brush? Like the brush you'd use to clean dirt from under your finger nails.

What is simple green ?? :confused: sorry lol

I would actually try some nail polish remover on a microfiber towel. Try it on an inconspicuous area first for colorfastness. I also agree with scjmc. have you tried picking at it a little?

Acetone really scares me dude.. I believe it may end up full of whiteish spots.. and my seats are black !

I was also going to suggest some laquer thinner. Don't know which would be more effective. I believe nail polish remover is acetone.

I thought about wiping it of with a mixture of degreaser and water with fiber cloth towel after a couple of hours under sunlight ( u can barely sit when seats are hot )

Off topic.. is there a way to swap in 2nd gen cooled seats?? ( I had that in my mind since I bought my LS back..

You MAY be able to swap the seats. But the cooling feature would not work.

Tell you what. I'll be home in a couple hours. I'll try some nail polish remover on MY seat, and see what it does. And some laquer thinner. pm me your phone number, and I'll text you what I find out.

Oh, and Simple Green is an All Purpose Cleaner available pretty much anywhere (Walmart, Lowe's, etc.) One thing to note about Simple Green. It has a very bad reaction with uncoated aluminum. I would never use it under the hood. It almost looks like it oxidizes the metal. For All Purpose cleaners, my favorite is Optimum Power Clean. but it's only available online, and a little expensive ($40 per gallon). Otherwise, another excellent one also available online is Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner Plus. That's around 15 a gallon IIRC. Both should be diluted at least 3:1. I use the meguiar's one at like 10:1.

. I'll try some nail polish remover on MY seat, and see what it does. .

WHY :eek: WHat if it fades it. OR you can try it in a hidden part of the seat but still

I don't want to give bad advice. If I am to give a recommendation, I want to be sure it will work, and be safe. Plus, I have some SEM vinyl/leather paint for my driver's seat anyways. Just haven't gotten around to pulling the seat.

Actually, I think he should try to just peel it off first. If that doesn't work, then I'll throw some chemicals at it to see what they do.

Oh, and Simple Green is an All Purpose Cleaner available pretty much anywhere (Walmart, Lowe's, etc.) One thing to note about Simple Green. It has a very bad reaction with uncoated aluminum. I would never use it under the hood. It almost looks like it oxidizes the metal. For All Purpose cleaners, my favorite is Optimum Power Clean. but it's only available online, and a little expensive ($40 per gallon). Otherwise, another excellent one also available online is Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner Plus. That's around 15 a gallon IIRC. Both should be diluted at least 3:1. I use the meguiar's one at like 10:1.

+1 on anything meguiars....i use their Gold Class wheel cleaner on my chrome rims and it leaves a mirror finish. Amazing stuff for $3.50. That cleaner should be just as good.

I'll try to peel off as much as possible.. then, depending on how much of it comes out, like pektel suggests.. I'll throw some not so strong chemical or mixed with water.
Thank u all guys for the support..

Members online

No members online now.
Back