driveshaft and underpullies

mark82nv

biotechnical engineer
Reaction score
im sorry i know this has probably been discussed a hundred times but i did search and did not find the answers im looking for .
1. im getting 4.10 gears and trac lok , is there any reason why i cant take the drive shaft i have and get it professionally balanced? 500 plus gears is not do able at this time.

2. there are many discussions on here about pullies and what should and should not be used, what pulleys should be used and what size are they? what is the real benefit of these pulleys?

3.i have also seen on here that getting an electric waterpump would help too , what do i need to do if i do change it to electric? do i have to wire it in to exsisting wiring or run my own to toggle or ignition and what about fan override? what do i need to order for that, and where do i order this stuff from?

4. i read geno said they do the gears with a one wheel one axle method , is there an instruction thread on this in here somewhere?

sorry for all the repeat questions but i love my 97 mark 8 lsc and am on a budget so i waant to do this right the first time instead of my usual tear into it and do it 10 times till i get it right method.
thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
jt :)

1. You have a two piece driveshaft, it's junk end of story... nothing is going to make it better. The 93 one piece shaft is a different story, you can pick them up used pretty cheap.

2. The benefits are small, but every bit counts... one is as good as the next, but I really like the March unit..

3. The Merzerie unit is a very nice piece... comes with everything you need for about $400....

4. It's pretty simple, just remove the suspension from one side of the car, undo the diff mounts, pull the diff out.

Your list seems to be one of the most important parts of a performance aspect on a Mark... A performance tune!

as in a chip?
or other? i plan on getting an lms chip when i hear back from them.

For a 97 being OBD2 I'd recommend a tuner like the xcal2 that actually writes the programming to the ECM...

For a 97 being OBD2 I'd recommend a tuner like the xcal2 that actually writes the programming to the ECM...

and add the pro racer software to the Xcal 2 and you can "have your cake and eat it too".

That way you can adjust your tunes without being at the mercy of a third party and you dont have to "wait until you hear back" from them

it's "point click tune"..wala...well.. for the most part..
haha

Of course there is a pretty steep learning curve, but IMHO the time you spend learning this stuff is well worth the satisfaction you get at the end of the day.

If you get the PRP package there are a couple of users here on this board that will gladly help steer you in the right direction...
(dont ya love how I volunteer KK's help?}

Grandmas Car had BBK underdrive pullies from 120,000 miles until it was stolen at 400K.
never had an issue with them

1. You have a two piece driveshaft, it's junk end of story... nothing is going to make it better. The 93 one piece shaft is a different story, you can pick them up used pretty cheap.

+1

but the '93 one piece may still not be okay with 4.10s.

+1

would bbk underpullies 3 kit for a 96 98 cobra work is this going to actually give me any hp? do i use all 3? and what belt do we need?

would bbk underpullies 3 kit for a 96 98 cobra work is this going to actually give me any hp? do i use all 3? and what belt do we need?

2 of you 4 questions have already been answered in this thread... are you actually READING IT?

try and keep up m'kay?

the hp gain question was also already addressed.

and if you use all 3 pullies, the stock belt works fine.

any more already answered questions that you would like repeated?
{grabs the baby food spoon}

yep read it, some of it fused in the old pudding bowl but some of it oozed out my ear . so im sorry i did not remember all of it . by the way i like the strained peas and bananas , and when your feeding me please say open the tunnel here comes the choo choo

You should call ASP and ask them.
If they are for a 96-98 cobra then yes they should work.
I haven't used ASP pulleys only the bbk model

Steeda is the only company that I know of that makes Underdrive pulleys that are not "piggy-back style". They are the only ones I would even consider getting.

AmericanMuscle.com has them for a good price + free shipping.

Members online

No members online now.
Back