Discontinued parts

russellhyde

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about IMRC parts and where I can get them? They're full name description is intake manifold runner controls and actuator.

Your best bet is the junkyards, come on noob your in dallas! There should be an $h!tload of marks in those yards,your bound to find some there.

Paging Kracker!!

he lives in dallas and has the low down on the local salvage yards..

I'm pretty sure he can point you in the right direction.

They will cost you a fortune if you buy them from the dealership. And it will be a complete unit. You can't buy any parts for the IMRC individually. And they are particularly difficult and troublesome to take apart and rebuild.

What's causing you to want to replace yours?

My check engine light has been on for about a month now so I took it to the dealer and they told me I'll need those parts but they only have one available for one side and that Ford doesn't make them anymore. I changed my spark plugs, the ignition coils in cylinders 1-4, the mass air flow sensor, air filter, and two vacuum hoses leading to the pcv valve but both sides of the engine are still running lean.

My IMRC went bad quite some time ago. I got a good used one but of course it wound up being the wrong side :mad:

Just recently I had to fix my exhaust because the flange rusted on the first muffler right after the cats. Went to Autozone and it was going to be a 3 day delivery for the part so I went to PDQ, a place that always has the parts I need. They came up with Obsolete and could not get it :eek:

Had to go back to Autozone and wait for the part to be delivered.

i assume your car is a 96? if it is, the imrc actuators can be had from max at 5 star ford, but each one is just shy of 300 bucks, left and right. he just posted that info for someone else last week. good luck dude!

I changed my spark plugs, the ignition coils in cylinders 1-4, the mass air flow sensor, air filter, and two vacuum hoses leading to the pcv valve but both sides of the engine are still running lean.

the IMRC plates and controller wont make your car run lean.

02 sensors would be the main culprit in a lean condition.

ALSO.. the IMRC controller sometimes throws up a code when the controller gets old..and for some reason the IMRC's still function...it's strange.
Seems the controller craps, long before the plates themselves.

NOW.. if you have an intake manifold leak that will also cause a lean condition... but again IMRCs dont affect your AF ratio.

i assume your car is a 96? if it is, the imrc actuators can be had from max at 5 star ford, but each one is just shy of 300 bucks, left and right. he just posted that info for someone else last week. good luck dude!

Yeah I bought an entire lower mileage engine with 90k on it for under $500 with delivery. Figured the IMRC paid for the entire engine plus I got a lower mile engine to boot. Now just to find the time to put it in :confused:

the IMRC plates and controller wont make your car run lean.

02 sensors would be the main culprit in a lean condition.

ALSO.. the IMRC controller sometimes throws up a code when the controller gets old..and for some reason the IMRC's still function...it's strange.
Seems the controller craps, long before the plates themselves.

NOW.. if you have an intake manifold leak that will also cause a lean condition... but again IMRCs dont affect your AF ratio.

The Lincoln dealership is the one that told me the IMRC's on both sides and the actuator are bad, they didn't find any other reason for my check engine light being on, and being that their a part of the fuel system I believe the dealer.

Thanks for the website, I found some intake manifolds for sale for $75-$150 there but are the imrc's & actuator included within the intake manifold unit or are they seperate parts? If they aren't I'm not sure what to do because Mark VIII's are hard to find in the junkyards here in Dallas. Would I be better off buying one of the engines altogether for $550-$900?

10.00 to a donut that in THIS CASE the IMRC's aren't the culprit...

Russel, my buddy that posts under the username Kracker on mark8.org has the low down on where the mark 8's are in the JY'S around dallas.

He manages a drive thru carwash somewhere around Dallas, it's called "Tropical sumthin er another"..he's got a silver 98LSC.

See if you can dig him up..he'll show you where he found the good deals on Mark 8 parts.

I sent you in a pm sorry haven't login in a minute i can help ya out just let me know i can tell ya or show either or as i can help ya with you issues as well. So we are clear i not looking to make money just help you out.

Kracker do you agree with XLRVIII that the IMRC's aren't the problem? I took the car to David McDavid Lincoln Mercury & they're the ones that diagnosed it. I don't want to go into that part of the car if tune-up & vacuum issues will solve the problem.

If you are getting a CE light then you can always stop by any of the chains and get the codes printed out for you and then you can get back here and we can better answer your question. I would also disconnect my battery for a few minutes, before hand, and then reconnect it just to clear any old codes that might have been hanging around. Some of these reside for an extended number of starts after a previous problem has been solved.

The codes have been cleared once by Autozone & then again by the dealer but the check engine light keeps coming back on. The codes say that banks 1& 2 are running lean. There was also another code that came up that the Autozone manager wasn't familiar with which referred to the fuel metering system.

with which referred to the fuel metering system..

That might be the MAF..

dont get me wrong.. I'm not saying it isn't POSSIBLE the IMRC's are the culprit.
I'm saying there are far less expensive and PAIN IN THE BUTT things to CHECK before you go pulling your intake apart.

Get with Kracker, a person who can "put their hands" on the car will be better at diagnosing it..than "someone/me" on the internet.

I dont agree with the dealers diagnosis..they are often wrong..and dont mind wasting your money as they "throw parts" at the car.

Get Kracker to datalog your MAF voltage with his Xcal2.

Kracker, you will/might need to "read his strategy" to make sure your datalog will work with his car. If the strategy is difffernet.. just create a payload in livellink and push it to your Xcal.

Ya'll should be able to sort this out..and I'm only a phone call away.

Sorry if I missed anything relevant,

But I have a set of gen 1 IMRCs you can have for free.

Just pay shipping.

Offtopic: Wow there is another person in dallas I thought I was alone.

there are a couple from the metroplex area.

mafioso, dont you do the HID conversions... if so... I need to get with you some time {sorry offtopic)

Off Topic 2:
need to gather up the Dallas and FW folks and run at Fun Ford Weekend in October at "The Metroplex"..

Any interest? if so.. start a thread!

The Mark VIII I'm having trouble with is my 98LSC, my '94 has its issues too but nothing like this. I changed the MAF last month & the car ran a little better. I'll hook up w/Kracker as soon as he responds to my email. My email address is lincolnmarkix@yahoo.com.

Do you have a K^N filter? IF so, clean the sense wire. IF not, you either have a major leak in front of the intake manifold, or one of the rubber vacuum connectors is leaking. It has to be common to both sides of the engine to have both o2's showing lean. One other possibility, is that both front o2 sensors are going bad, and are showing out of range. Normally when you have the fuel metering code, it has to do with the maf itself. If cleaning it deosn't help, get with one of your local friends and swap it for a know good one. This way you can delete that as an option.

Members online

No members online now.
Back