Detroit Area / MI meet August 5th !!!!

Jeremi ?
I live in LINCOLN Park LOL:eek:
If you want more Marks WE could tow my project 94 :D :D

Mike I have room for a truck and trailer if needed Pm Me ?

We just had a confirmation from Darrell and his 93 Convertible Mark VIII will be there weather permitting.

Bill (Grosse Isle, MI)- 94 Mark 8
Bart (Novi, MI)- 97 Mark 8
Martin (Warren, MI)- 97 Mark 8
Michael Schultz (Atlanta, GA)- 98 Mark 8
Mike Southwell (Beardstown, IL)- 95 Mark 8
Steve (Serg) (Lincoln Park, MI)- 96 Mark 8
Brandon(Allen Park, MI)- 93 Mark 8
JP Driller !!! (Morgantown, WV)- 93 Mark 8
Rene (Elkhart, IN)- 98 Mark 8
Matt (Brownstown, MI)- 94 Mark 8
Redwingvksm (Allen Park, MI)
Mark (Sterling Heights, MI) - 98 Mark 8
Jeremi (Farmington Hills, MI) - 97 Mark 8
Darrell - 93 Convertible Mark 8
VicW (SCCOA) - 2nd gen Mark 8

maybe:
Mark Johns (Bay Village,OH) - 97 Mark 8
Dave Hogan (MI) - Lincoln Navigator
Greg Thies (VA) - 98 Mark 8

I'm not going to be able to make it. Wife's b-day celebration... Sorry she wants to go to Chicago.. I tried Detroit but it didn't work.. could have brought 3 marks..

Sorry to hear that Mespock and Pepperman.

I'll be bringing two Mark VIII's to the meet, and one will represent both of you in spirit.:)

I agree it would have been nice to see you again Richand to meet you pepps maybe soon :eek:

I am still trying to get someone to cover my shift two men said no and I am waiting for an answer from my last chance :cool: :cool:

Thanks Bill and Serg i look foward to meeting you soon as well. This living in Oklahoma Sucks when my friends are so far away.

billcu said:
Sorry to hear that Mespock and Pepperman.

I'll be bringing two Mark VIII's to the meet, and one will represent both of you in spirit.:)

If it wouldn't have been so close to the July meet and that I have to go to Mike's this week to get my 94 Mark VIII it would have been easier to make the meet.

Need to refresh the LvC funds... My next meet will be maybe later August or Septemeber...

Since the gathering is so close to my home and shop, It'd be a shame not to hook up with you guys.

Tell you what. How about a tour of my "toybox" project and then I'll get home, clean up, and join you later.

Someone PM me with an address.

2006 Michigan Summer Meet !!!

This event will take place on August 5th, 2006.

We have a long time club member visit from out of state and we need to welcome him back best we can.
We are expecting 20 Lincoln Mark VIIIs, at least one Lincoln Mark VII, and one Lincoln Mark II.
Other Lincolns and Fords will be also present.
Early in the day, around 9 AM, several of us will be attending a dyno day at Alternative Auto in Mt.Clemens.

Alternative Auto Performance
145 Malow Unit D - Mt. Clemens, Michigan 48043

www.alternativeauto.com

We plan on being there until 11AM.

From there, we will cruise via I-696 to Farmington Hills, for the main event, scheduled for 12:00PM.

(I've PM-ed everyone with the address. If you haven't received a message, please empty your message box and send me a PM or email)

We plan on major car talk, beer tasting, bbq burning type of event, that will run late into the day.
Any food and drink supplies are welcome, as this is a non-sponsored event.

There are several parking areas in the vicinity so we can go out and have group photos taken.

Thank you in advance for your participation,

Jeremi​

I sold my Mark awhile ago, but I'd still like to come and see some familiar faces. Is it OK if I show up in this??

Maybe I'll bring some 109 fuel and turn up the boost at Alternative and see what it spins....I've done 403RWHP on 94 octane...How much for the dyno day?

DSC01208.jpg

RRocket said:
I sold my Mark awhile ago, but I'd still like to come and see some familiar faces. Is it OK if I show up in this??

Maybe I'll bring some 109 fuel and turn up the boost at Alternative and see what it spins....I've done 403RWHP on 94 octane...How much for the dyno day?
Dude! I love the mk-III supras! You gotta bring that to the meet! I 2nd that last sentence.. How much is the dyno day?

MarkVIII93 said:
Dude! I love the mk-III supras! You gotta bring that to the meet! I 2nd that last sentence.. How much is the dyno day?

Awww, man! My Supra is a MKIV, not a MKIII.....

It's not really a dyno day, just dynotuning of several cars that have prescheduled months in advance. Sorry guys but it's all booked up.

Ron, I remember you from the old club. Come on out, but I hope you don't think nowadays our Marks are skeered of 400rwhp import LOL. I'll PM you with the info.

m_maker said:
It's not really a dyno day, just dynotuning of several cars that have prescheduled months in advance. Sorry guys but it's all booked up.

Ron, I remember you from the old club. Come on out, but I hope you don't think nowadays our Marks are skeered of 400rwhp import LOL. I'll PM you with the info.

Don't be scared, be terrified! LOL....I'm really having a blast with the car. On the same low-boost and street tires I ran a 12.6@116 my 1st time to the track with horrid 2.0 60 foot times. With drag radials and a bit more boost, 11's no problem. The high MPH suggests a mid to high 11 second car, easy. On a roll, it's absolutely deadly. I've blown off 2 Vipers, a Porsche 996 Turbo, a 2006 BMW M5 to name a few. From a 40MPH roll, traction is less of an issues (though I have spun them at 55MPH!!) and you really feel the thrust. I'll be happy to take people for rides or let them take it for a spin...

RRocket said:
Awww, man! My Supra is a MKIV, not a MKIII.....

I was thinking of something smart:D to say But I'll be nice thats pretty fast for a micro car :eek: :eek: How much does it weigh??

Micro car? The Supra is a full-sized Grand Tourer...Weight is about the same as a C5 Vette. It has an Inline 6 with Twin Turbos. Massive brakes with 4 pot calipers all around (IIRC it held Automobile mags braking record until the 2002 Viper came out). Grip is .096 on the skidpad. Cars with the same mods as mine reach mid 180's mph up top. To give you an idea of the size, I'll compare it to the Mark.

The Mark has 3/4" more headroom, but the Supra has 1.5" more legroom. Hip room is the same in both cars. The Mark REALLY trumps it in shoulder room..about 4" more. I suspect that has lots to do with the Supras high doors...All in all it's a very comfortable, fast Grand Tourer. Some people would call it a sports car, but I think it's a touch too big to be a true sports car.

Please don't misunderstand me when I say micro car. I mean it in a good way.
I almost bought a supra years ago in there early days. It sounds like they have made the cars much better and with that power it has to be wild to drive on the streets Great on the skid pad !!>...:eek: :D
I'm from the old school having owned a 69 427 corvette when I was 19 It was my second car and a lot of fun... to many tickets :eek:

barry2952 said:
Since the gathering is so close to my home and shop, It'd be a shame not to hook up with you guys.

Tell you what. How about a tour of my "toybox" project and then I'll get home, clean up, and join you later.

Someone PM me with an address.

Sounds great Barry. You should have the address now.

About what time will the tour be? Can you send me a PM with the address? Maybe we can shuttle people over there with one or both of my cars.

Will you be bringing your Mark II to the meet?

One week kids.

J, We (dad and I) will prolly be arriving late friday evening/night, will that be a problem? We may end up bringing the 95, and the 98. The 5-speed is out of the question right now as the rear bags are blown.

Members online

Back