Detroit Area / MI meet August 5th !!!!

m_maker

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Not many people know me here, but my name is Jeremi and I would like to invite everyone to a Mark VIII fanatics BBQ on August 5th.

We have a long time club member visit from out of state and we need to welcome him back best we can.

The meet will take place either on Grosse Isle, MI, or Farmington Hills, MI. This is yet to be decided.

We plan on major car talk, beer tasting, bbq burning type of event.

If needed, I will be able to do some wrenching on people's cars. Please let me know in advance what you need done. And no, no blower installs LOL !!!

Please post here or PM me if you have any questions.

Of course, everyone is invited so come one come all and welcome Mike with us !!!

How far from detroit is it J? I really don't want to have to rent a hotel for a weekend, but if we are close i know some people I could prolly stay with.

Mike

I'll try to make the meet... we'll have to see what my wife has planned. That's the Civil War Reenactment weekend here in Boscobel and usually my wife has a bunch of family come for the weekend.

Plus it's her Birthday weekend.... but if no one is coming I could give her a trip to Detroit for a B-day present.

94m5 said:
How far from detroit is it J? I really don't want to have to rent a hotel for a weekend, but if we are close i know some people I could prolly stay with.

Mike

Farmington Hills and Grosse Ile are both within a half hour of Detroit.

You're welcome to stay at my house Mike, but I'll be having another house guest then, and it might be a little tight.

Mike, that makes two of you.

I'd be honored to have you here.

Bill is right, everything is close here, conected via a high speed autobahns ... hehe at least that how I see them. It's looking good as far as having it at my place, so you could stay in the guest bedroom, or set up a tent in the backyard.

This is too cool !!!

Jeremi,
I think we met somewhere did you have a red mark ??
H'mm thats the begining of my work week on nights.... Wonder if I can get the night off. Whould like to go ...:eek: :eek:

I may take you up on that J....... I'll bring that fuel tank with me also.

Serg....hope to see you there.

Mike

Serg, please come out even if for couple hours.

Come people, I know there is more interest, although it already looks very promising !!!

Mike, you got it. Let me know when you plan to come down.

Sergmark said:
Jeremi,
I think we met somewhere did you have a red mark ??
H'mm thats the begining of my work week on nights.... Wonder if I can get the night off. Whould like to go ...:eek: :eek:

Yes Sergmark, Jeremi had a red 95 Mark. Here's a photo of it preparing to beat the snot out of my red 94 at the Milan track. Note the custom grille.

That same car is now a copper colored first place winner at the Carlisle all Ford National show.

I told you I had some photos of it Mike.:)

milan.jpg

billcu said:
Yes Sergmark, Jeremi had a red 95 Mark. Here's a photo of it preparing to beat the snot out of my red 94 at the Milan track. Note the custom grille.

That same car is now a copper colored first place winner at the Carlisle all Ford National show.

WOW!!!!!!!!!

Thats a LOT of man hours, and major headaches ago. :D

Mike

billcu said:

Question sir.... Where in south eastern michigan do you live? I was toyin with a red 93-94 in my hometown a while back. Oh yeah, Im definitely down for the meet! I think grose ile would be an excellent place for a meet!

I thought that grill looked familer.
I now remember meeting Jeremi.. I think it was a few years ago at Hooters in Chicago The Mark was turboed.. Turning High twelves????

Sergmark said:
I thought that grill looked familer.
I now remember meeting Jeremi.. I think it was a few years ago at Hooters in Chicago The Mark was turboed.. Turning High twelves????

No turbo's........ Vortech S-trim.

Turbo's are comming up soon. :D

MarkVIII93 said:
Question sir.... Where in south eastern michigan do you live? I was toyin with a red 93-94 in my hometown a while back. Oh yeah, Im definitely down for the meet! I think grose ile would be an excellent place for a meet!

I live on the Island. It looks like the meet will be in Farmington Hills as of now. My place was just a back up if the Farmington Hills location didn't work out.

Looking forward to meeting everyone there.

94m5 said:
No turbo's........ Vortech S-trim.

It was actually a baby e-trim blower @ 7psi. In any case, it was a 12s car.

Serg, yep that's where we met. I forget what beer you liked; I need to make sure I have it at the BBQ.

Rich, it would be great if you guys could make it. I wish I could be in Boscobel this weekend, but unfortunately I can't :(

Budwieser here ;)

Sorry about the wrong s/c info...I could have sworn you were running an S-Trim. anywho, see ya all there.

Mike

[

Jeremi I would not expect you to remember what beer I drink.... That was a few years ago... But I like Heinekin and german beers..:D :D

Serg, yep that's where we met. I forget what beer you liked; I need to make sure I have it at the BBQ.

No excuse for me to NOT show up @ this one...

IN!!! :D I'll be more than glad to help wrench on people's vehicles also - but gimmie a heads up on what tools will be needed.

I may even bring my MODIS Scanner if need be...:cool:

Mike , when are you guys coming down ? If need be, we can park the trailer and the truck at Bill's place to allow more room in my driveway for all the 20 cars I'm expecting :)

Either one of these scanners would be great. We have some cars that will need them ;)

So far we have:

Bill (Grosse Isle, MI)- 94 Mark 8
Bart (Novi, MI)- 97 Mark 8
Martin (Warren, MI)- 97 Mark 8
Michael Schultz (Atlanta, GA)- 98 Mark 8
Mike Southwell (Beardstown, IL)- 95 Mark 8
Steve (Serg) (Allen Park, MI)- 96 Mark 8
Brandon(Allen Park, MI)- 94 Mark 8
JP Driller !!! (Morgantown, WV)- 93 Mark 8
Rene (Elkhart, IN)- 98 Mark 8
Matt (Brownstown, MI)- 94 Mark 8
Redwingvksm (Allen Park, MI)
Mark (Sterling Heights, MI) - 98 Mark 8
Jeremi (Farmington Hills, MI) - 97 Mark 8

not yet confirmed
Darryl - 93 Mark 8
Rich ??????
few other hopefully

Bill it looks like you will have to bring both marks to reach the magic 20 ... LOL

Also remember that these are mark viiis only, there will twice as many other car ethusiasts !!!

I could also talk my dad in to bringing the 5-speed. That would get us to 20?

Also, I will be bringing only the 95' I found a box that the fuel tank will fitin to, and sit in the back seat perfectly.

Mike

Members online

No members online now.
Back