Dealership Horror Story

It is as you were responsible for the way YOU treated the car. An innocent 3rd party needs to spend extra money because you are childish? I hope we never have any dealings. You are very untrustworthy!

Like I said, not very mature and VERY childish actions.

I appreciate your 2 cents, but I do not care.

And people wonder why some dealers won't give out loaner cars.

Another incident or two like this one (or maybe this one will be the last straw) and this dealer won't either.

And people wonder why some dealers won't give out loaner cars.

Another incident or two like this one (or maybe this one will be the last straw) and this dealer won't either.

If they give me a loaner car and piss me off, I just go put a thousand miles on it. No extravagant wear or tear, just make it a noticeably high-mileage new car. No real detriment to the next owner other then they should negotiate the price down cause of the mileage! :)

If they give me a loaner car and piss me off, I just go put a thousand miles on it. No extravagant wear or tear, just make it a noticeably high-mileage new car. No real detriment to the next owner other then they should negotiate the price down cause of the mileage! :)

I would never buy a car that was a loaner.

I would never buy a car that was a loaner.

I've bought a couple of loaner/demo cars. I never had any trouble with them. I've also purchased rental cars with no problems. Your mileage will vary...

so car still is not ready. It probally wont be until wednesday or thursday.
3 f u c k i n g weeks to fix 4 coils is just a joke
To make a long story short I said some bad things to the shop manager and now I am driving a mkz rental until my car is done.
And yes I am abusing this car, not putting premium, redline every time I press the gas, neutral drops every hour pulling the ebrake to make turns. pressing the brake and gas at the same time making a bunny hop. I hope they like the car when it comes back to them.

NEVER GO TO SMITH CARINS In YONKERS,NY

Let's hope the mechanic fixing your car is a little more respectful of your car than you have been with theirs, when he goes for a test drive after the repairs are completed.

Sound like a really sh!tty way to deal with your frustrations.

just another Richard Cranium in the world!!

I've bought a couple of loaner/demo cars. I never had any trouble with them. I've also purchased rental cars with no problems. Your mileage will vary...

Obviously never driven by anovelli!

My wife was a littler miffed when we had a Grand Prix GXP rental in Virginia years ago. The gas door said 91+ so I obligingly filled it with premium. She asked why, as it was a rental (she didn't know the fuel requirement). I told her it needed premium and I didn't care that it wasn't my car; somebody would be buying it after Enterprise was done with it and I wasn't going to be responsible for any internal damage caused by the wrong fuel.

Ethics seems to have gone the way of the Dodo bird! My dad always taught me to return something in at least as good a condition as when I got it; if possible, better!

Hey anovelli. Do you want the mechanic working on your car to treat it the same way you are treating their car? Maybe a highly spirited test drive? Maybe throw in a little regular gas?

Obviously never driven by anovelli!

My wife was a littler miffed when we had a Grand Prix GXP rental in Virginia years ago. The gas door said 91+ so I obligingly filled it with premium. She asked why, as it was a rental (she didn't know the fuel requirement). I told her it needed premium and I didn't care that it wasn't my car; somebody would be buying it after Enterprise was done with it and I wasn't going to be responsible for any internal damage caused by the wrong fuel.

Ethics seems to have gone the way of the Dodo bird! My dad always taught me to return something in at least as good a condition as when I got it; if possible, better!

Hey anovelli. Do you want the mechanic working on your car to treat it the same way you are treating their car? Maybe a highly spirited test drive? Maybe throw in a little regular gas?

Extended warranty for 4 yrs so I dont care what he does.

its gonna be almost 3 weeks for some coils, they deserve whatever happens to them

What a terrible situation. However I found it amusing reading your abuse description tothe loaner.

at first i was on your side and kinda felt bad for you, but now after the way you have conducted yourself, i feel like you preemptively got what you deserved.

fine, beat the sh!t out of that car all you want, thats just one more thing your going to have to discuss with St. Peter someday. i just hope some punk at the dealer just beats the sh!t out of your car just like you did.

Do it Do it... This kid (i'll assume by his actions) is a complete idiot.

Hmm.. When I had the rental from the persons insurance who rear ended me I dogged it a little bit. I wouldn't go droppin' N-bombs and stuff. Hopefully you were just exaggerating. For at least have some respect for the car itself if anything. Today I saw this kid stop and throw his Cherokee in park before the damn thing geared down makin' the tranny slam. I hate that :q:q:q:q!

I can understand this kids frustration, I would just go about letting it out a diff way.. I do like the idea of racking up tons of mileage better though.

He should jack up the rear wheels like on fbdo and set the cruise to 60, in drive of course.

I can understand this kids frustration, I would just go about letting it out a diff way.. I do like the idea of racking up tons of mileage better though.

He should jack up the rear wheels like on fbdo and set the cruise to 60, in drive of course.

What frustration? They are fixing the car under warranty and have given him a loaner. So what if it takes 6 MONTHS to fix? He may not be in his own car but at least he has a car.

Our 2000 V6 needed a hydraulic pump replacement when it was well out of warranty. It took the dealership almost 3 weeks to fix, BUT, that gave me a new Town Car to drive around in. I sure missed my LS but as I was driving their car I wasn't concerned how long it took!

Seems like a reality check is in order. What will this person do when something really inconvenient happens?

Oh yea. That won't work on an MkZ. It's FWD. Did you ever see "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"?

What frustration? They are fixing the car under warranty and have given him a loaner. So what if it takes 6 MONTHS to fix? He may not be in his own car but at least he has a car.

Our 2000 V6 needed a hydraulic pump replacement when it was well out of warranty. It took the dealership almost 3 weeks to fix, BUT, that gave me a new Town Car to drive around in. I sure missed my LS but as I was driving their car I wasn't concerned how long it took!

Seems like a reality check is in order. What will this person do when something really inconvenient happens?

Oh yea. That won't work on an MkZ. It's FWD. Did you ever see "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"?

I did not get a loaner until 2 weeks after the car was there. So I had no car for 2 weeks. I had to take the bus and train to work. I should have gotten a loaner after the second day. They kept "checking" the car but not fixing it. I have called, showed up to the dealership they keep giving me the run around. I met someone there who had the same problem as me was in and out in 2 days.

@the karma comment. This balances it out
@ the st.peter comment, I do not believe in that, so you can throw that right out the window.

@ the st.peter comment, I do not believe in that, so you can throw that right out the window.

i hear that the dinosaurs didn't believe in asteroids either, but that didnt stop what happened from happening now did it!

I did not get a loaner until 2 weeks after the car was there. So I had no car for 2 weeks. I had to take the bus and train to work. I should have gotten a loaner after the second day. They kept "checking" the car but not fixing it. I have called, showed up to the dealership they keep giving me the run around. I met someone there who had the same problem as me was in and out in 2 days.

That is a legitimate beef, unless your warranty doesn't specify a loaner (is it a Ford ESP?). Assuming it does your first step is contacting the Service Manager immediately? That should have been step one. No results? Step up to the dealership General Manager. Still nothing? Then the owner of the dealership followed by the BBB.

I feel your pain of no transportation (car rental?) but I still think your "solution" is way out of line. You aren't hurting the dealership at all. They don't care. Ever see "Gung Ho"? The assembly line workers just let the dealerships fix their mistakes.

That is a legitimate beef, unless your warranty doesn't specify a loaner (is it a Ford ESP?). Assuming it does your first step is contacting the Service Manager immediately? That should have been step one. No results? Step up to the dealership General Manager. Still nothing? Then the owner of the dealership followed by the BBB.

I feel your pain of no transportation (car rental?) but I still think your "solution" is way out of line. You aren't hurting the dealership at all. They don't care. Ever see "Gung Ho"? The assembly line workers just let the dealerships fix their mistakes.

My warranty does not cover a loaner unless I rent one from a 3rd party company, The shop manager said if they needed to keep it for more than a week I would have a loaner from them (the dealership). I talked to the GM, Shop manager anyone that I could. The Owner "was never available." Once this whole situation is over I am going to BBB and then going to corporate.

I have spent over $250 in buses and trains when I was promised a loaner, so I feel like I should cause some damage that I feel is equal. Also about 1.5 hours trip each way on the bus and train.

Im torn between both sides here.

I would be pissed as hell and i would also want a loaner from day one....or be given reimbursement from a rental that i choose and it would be the same type of car (luxury 4 door sedan) because thats what i drive.

Its really not right to screw up another car because they are being idiots and taking too long to complete a task that should take no more than a couple days.

Im torn between both sides here.

I would be pissed as hell and i would also want a loaner from day one....or be given reimbursement from a rental that i choose and it would be the same type of car (luxury 4 door sedan) because thats what i drive.

Its really not right to screw up another car because they are being idiots and taking too long to complete a task that should take no more than a couple days.

The warranty company wants a "complete diagnostic" before releasing the money for a loaner, which I did not get for 4 days.

Members online

No members online now.
Back