?? Day at the Track Spring Midwest Meet ??? let's Discuss??

A track meet would be great and you guys can give me info on how it works.Spring would be the best time for this since i dont have a schedule or a track to run at i will leave it up to you guys to plan it..How are they for car inspections do they come down hard on slight leaks and center caps and stuff and what is the price to run

Its easy, no big deal at all. I could give the does and don't in 5 minutes. Inspection is relaxed on a stock looking car. Unless your obviously leaking I can't see it being noticed. If your leaking enough that in a single pass your leaving drips all over it would be safest not to run as a slick track is the worse thing to have. As far as the rest of the car unless something looks like its falling off they won't say anything, again on a near stock car, modified they look at more. Trucks they'll make sure there isn't crap in the bed that'll fall out or mud caked you in the wells that will fall all over the track first time down. Last year weekdays were $30 with weekends being $36 last few times I went $37 didn't understand that.

Knowing the basics is easy. A person that knows how to line up, stage, doesn't get lost at the end of the track and doesn't drive retarded in the pits blends right in no matter what you drive even if the car is slow.

A fast car that doesn't know any of the basics, drives right through the the lights, needs direction to line up and stage, doesn't know were to turn around and get back...etc. These are the people that people look at stupid and are dangerous.

For people that are a little unsure at first they can do a ride along. I believe 1 passenger is allowed in a car as long as it doesn't break 14.000. Thats not to say your car can't be faster, just have to let off and not break 14.000. I've seen 9second cars take a passenger down WOT through the 1/8 and coast and brake the rest. I'd be willing to take a passenger along if its not crowded and I have plenty off time to get some good runs in too.

Jason what was your grand total of runs this year...

I made about 80 passes this year, maybe 60ish last year. This based on slips I have, I know some of the weak ones got lost.

When I used to go I used to like to get alot of passes in even 10-15. Now I may only run 4 or 5 good runs when I go. Going for the new best, R/T and consistency, not so much to race others.

I'll admit it. I've never raced on a track before but, I would love for this meet to happen that way I can get some time in with people that know these cars and get some pointers if I need them

But just because the date's arent out doesn't mean we can't plan things to do. It didnt seem to get much play but I really think a bragging rights kind of deal would be cool intrested to see what others think.

Well it appears this has died down a bit so I thought about a new idea.

If we can get enough turnout of each kind of cars (Lincoln, Cadillac) then maybe we can have something like a battle for the club. Like the team with the lowest overall time gets braging rights for the next year. We could even do something like Mark's vs LS's to have a inter-brand fight or something of that nature.

And if there were various prizes for diffent classes maybe this could help the turnout. Just a thought

Pretty cool idea.

As soon as the 08 schedule comes out we can get a date set. Then see how membes can work around the date.

We can make it a weekend event if people want to come from further away... ie.. MI, IN, OH, even IA, MO, or MN...

I had a campground all set up back in 05, and there is plenty of motels in the area.

Perosnally I'll be staying at my friends house. GLD is in his back yard... you can see the track from his deck...

Opening weekend will be busy, but a possibility. I think the Ford Day #1 on the April 13th would be a good choice.

I'll admit it. I've never raced on a track before but, I would love for this meet to happen that way I can get some time in with people that know these cars and get some pointers if I need them

But just because the date's arent out doesn't mean we can't plan things to do. It didnt seem to get much play but I really think a bragging rights kind of deal would be cool intrested to see what others think.

I mentioned a bracket type race that could be kept track of by us seperately from the track. Would be easy and fun, it could go all day.

Say papa bear dials in a 15.0 and runs a 15.350 with a R/T of .450. He'd be at .8 for his best.

Say Mespock and his 94 dials a 14.6 and runs a 14.9 with a R/T of .650. He'd be at .95 for his best.

Say I call 14.0 and run a 14.05 with a R/T of .100. I'd be at .105 for my best.

Person getting closest to .001 wins for the day.

Thing is you can change your dial all you want as long as someones keeping track and just come back with your slip so it can be recorded. This could go all day and while people with track practice will have some advantage at least it won't be fastest car wins.

What about the track meet, i admit the fiero is cool and stuff but i want to know if we are going to set up a track meet.I cant wait:)

That's what we need to get going in here. Talk about the fiero at the track or in another thread...

What do we want to do? I'm waiting on Jason to PM me with the best weekend as he knows GLD so well.

Then I'll post the date in the Meet information thread. I kept that thread closed as I don't want the meet discussion to be anything more than that. Fun and friendly with hype to get things going.

I'll be posting a sign up thread also as soon as I know the dates.

So hear is what we need... What do we want to do?

1. Meet for Breakfast and if so where?
2. Do we want to secure a meet area at the track. I believe that GLD has
areas where people can grill out and gather while they watch or race.
3. Do we want any friendly wagers? LS vs Mark VIII... Lincoln vs. Cadillac
etc..
4. Do we want to have some friendly awards most runs down the track,
fastest 1/4, best starts.. etc... ( can arrange to have these made cheap).
5. What do we want to do at night... hang around the track until closing, go
to a local establishment, hang out as someones motel/hotel lounge... etc.

Let's keep the discussion in this thread to those kinds of post. If you want to do more trash talking about exotic projects then let's do that in another thread.

That's what we need to get going in here. Talk about the fiero at the track or in another thread...

What do we want to do? I'm waiting on Jason to PM me with the best weekend as he knows GLD so well.

Then I'll post the date in the Meet information thread. I kept that thread closed as I don't want the meet discussion to be anything more than that. Fun and friendly with hype to get things going.

I'll be posting a sign up thread also as soon as I know the dates.

So hear is what we need... What do we want to do?

1. Meet for Breakfast and if so where?
2. Do we want to secure a meet area at the track. I believe that GLD has
areas where people can grill out and gather while they watch or race.
3. Do we want any friendly wagers? LS vs Mark VIII... Lincoln vs. Cadillac
etc..
4. Do we want to have some friendly awards most runs down the track,
fastest 1/4, best starts.. etc... ( can arrange to have these made cheap).
5. What do we want to do at night... hang around the track until closing, go
to a local establishment, hang out as someones motel/hotel lounge... etc.

Let's keep the discussion in this thread to those kinds of post. If you want to do more trash talking about exotic projects then let's do that in another thread.

Hmm I understand.
I will get a group of Caddy owners together. Now they will be tuned and I will have my turd. The turd is about 50% caddy and I keep adding caddy parts all the time.:D

Hmm I understand.
I will get a group of Caddy owners together. Now they will be tuned and I will have my turd. The turd is about 50% caddy and I keep adding caddy parts all the time.:D

Yes it's nothing about whether anyone thinks your project is a POS or anything like that. I just want to get this meet booked and everyone on the right page before we start the trash talk.

I feel the trash talk can make the meet fun... so don't think I have anything against yoru project or caddy's...

I'm just waiting for Jason to give me the weekend! From there the meet will be booked and people can start making plans to attend. We need this soon as some of us don't live as close to the track and we need to make arrangements for the weekend.

I just picked up a blower today. I hope to have it on by the date. I am headed to Mad Town next week end to gey it dyno'd before and after. :D

OK guys I really think April 13th will be a good date. Its a Ford Fun day and I had forgot I was there this year for that. From what I remember there wasn't as many Fords as you would have thought but there was some. I don't have a show or Open House that weekend and could avoid Sunday anyway if I did so I think this is Solid.

What you think guys?

You may be surprized the track has some decent food so if people don't want to cook out we'll still be able to eat. The burgers are actually real good.

Also the track doesn't open till 10:00 so a breakfest/meeting place would work out well. For those who are late risers they can just go straight to the track. Since they close at 5:00 we could move to a dinner place or head out depending on if people want to.

The Brat Stop in Kenosha may be a good place to meet after close. Its right off the highway on hwy 50. Maybe 10 minutes from the track and on the way back to ILL for those coming from that way. Yet not really out of the way for us going back North.

Members online

No members online now.
Back