?? Day at the Track Spring Midwest Meet ??? let's Discuss??

For bracket racing??? Screw that!!! It is much easier to bracket race with a less powerful car! If we are bracket racing for money then I am bringing the Ranger. Besides, you usually "light" my azz anyways. ;)

Give me a call if you want to go heads up. :p

Shhhhh, you'll scare everyone. Just trying to make some money.:D

I'll watch for a 08 schedule. I'm going to try to make it one more time this year but got alot of stuff goig that needs to get done before snow flys so hard to say.

This is my car
128firstrun.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXTMhojkmhE

This is the 03 DHS. It has a CAI, Corsa Exh, 3.71 gears, custom tuned PCM.
gtech.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MxiWTukDfg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atUD3yoW3b0

Last edited by a moderator:

G-Techs are typically generous. I have the exct same one and have run it in the car against the timeslip to see how accurate it is. It usually is .3-.5 off so don't be surprized if that 14.6 is a 15.0 at the track. MPH is about 4-6 generous on mine. This makes 0-60 runs impressive but not real accurate. They're clever and fun but not the same as the track.

I see that MonsterMark left his Mark on my post at 7:56 Hmmmmm

I was attempting to not feed the troll so i pulled my comment regarding your obviously superior DHS and modified your post to remove my comment.

Didn't want to turn your trolling into a hijacked thread.

Guess we'll have to keep the trolling in the PM area.

G-Techs are typically generous. I have the exct same one and have run it in the car against the timeslip to see how accurate it is. It usually is .3-.5 off so don't be surprized if that 14.6 is a 15.0 at the track. MPH is about 4-6 generous on mine. This makes 0-60 runs impressive but not real accurate. They're clever and fun but not the same as the track.
He might want to step up to a G-Tech Pro if he wants to post shots of his phenomenal runs.:rolleyes:

I watched the you tube video. Definitely a 15.0 pass at 94 based on the stock gearing and shift point with your DHS.

Not bad for grandma's car.

Do you have to wear wrist straps to deal with the torque-steer?

G-techs are total crap. Nowhere near accurate enough for solid comparative analysis of the numbers. Posting G-tech times is like posting a dyno number and assuming an ET out of it. All a bunch of benchracing.

G-techs are total crap. Nowhere near accurate enough for solid comparative analysis of the numbers. Posting G-tech times is like posting a dyno number and assuming an ET out of it. All a bunch of benchracing.

I use the G-tech for testing. I ran one program 5 times and got the same results. I changed programs and ran .88 slow twice. It came out

Please respone here
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=36956

Well it appears this has died down a bit so I thought about a new idea.

If we can get enough turnout of each kind of cars (Lincoln, Cadillac) then maybe we can have something like a battle for the club. Like the team with the lowest overall time gets braging rights for the next year. We could even do something like Mark's vs LS's to have a inter-brand fight or something of that nature.

And if there were various prizes for diffent classes maybe this could help the turnout. Just a thought

Well Jason 02LSE96LSC....etc and PatrickSimmons are are to take the ball on this.

I know GLD does do group parties. They also have picnic areas.. GLD website

We need someone to take this meet by the horns and get it rockin'

We have a few months to plan... GLD doesn't have it's 08 schedule up yet.

I know that I should have the weekend of Mark 15th open as the track meet scheduled for that weekend is in OH and I don't think I'll be going unless my daughter qualifies for Nationals... I don't think that is going to happen this year. I think the the weekend after will be free also..

So Hoping someone take this meet and runs with it.

That was a really good plan. We'll have to really push it. I've just started a real good relationship with one of the local Lincoln dealerships and he wants to help us out by letting us advertise the event and suggested some other avenues to get the message out to Lincoln owners.

Hopefully we can keep your 2005 dream alive :)

Once they put up the schedule we will be able to throw some real dates out there for discussion.

I'll watch also. The First Ford Fun day was mid April last year. I didn't even realize I was there. It wasn't much different than a normal day, maybe the summer one is better. Anyways like I said before picking a weekend day when there is no big event should work the best for us to all have fun. Spring will be easier as the closer you get to summer the more events are going nearly every weekend.

Definately don't want to go on a Import Day. Its fun to kick some butt on alot of them but likely a real piece of crap will surprize you and blow you away. Its fun watching them break axles and kill clutches at the line though.

One thing to remember it the Beach Party... The date we need is something far enough away to make sure people who would like to do both meet can do so...

One of the problems with people coming to meets is travel and the cost to travel. If this is a Midwest meet then we have to make sure we are thinking about those who would like to come from other States...

This is why I would like the meet to be in the spring... My problem will be track meets.. I don't have the UWP outdoor track schedule yet so I don't know what meets I'll be able to go to yet.

One thing to remember it the Beach Party... The date we need is something far enough away to make sure people who would like to do both meet can do so...

One of the problems with people coming to meets is travel and the cost to travel. If this is a Midwest meet then we have to make sure we are thinking about those who would like to come from other States...

This is why I would like the meet to be in the spring... My problem will be track meets.. I don't have the UWP outdoor track schedule yet so I don't know what meets I'll be able to go to yet.

Yes definately early. Spring will allow several dates for a option to see what works best for all. Summer the big events are nearly every weekend. Unless you want to stand around waiting to see the big boys run, I'd rather run my car as I think most would agree. And thats not to say that there won't be some cool stuff on a non big event weekend, just not jambed with them everywhere.

A track meet would be great and you guys can give me info on how it works.Spring would be the best time for this since i dont have a schedule or a track to run at i will leave it up to you guys to plan it..How are they for car inspections do they come down hard on slight leaks and center caps and stuff and what is the price to run

Members online

No members online now.
Back