?? Day at the Track Spring Midwest Meet ??? let's Discuss??

it figures, i was actually ready

11219.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm.... nice and Sunny hear today... temps to be in the 40's....

Granted I'm going to my daughter's rescheduled track meet but someone must have pissed Mother Nature off so that she phucked with us.

:( i know, it looks beautiful outside now....... that is how it was when midwestbird and i went for a bird meet back in 05, called for rain the entire week but we went anyways and it was overcast but no rain, and the track was empty~ish only 4-6 cars in line at a time :mad:
(rich what you doing?)

They are closed, just checked. Have been all weekend.

Typically in the fall if its not 40 out for the day they aren't openning. Wasn't sure if that was the same in spring and with the Ford Fun Day going on. With the cold and amount of rain they have had the past week the track is closed is there exact reason they gave. This is the first day it hasn't rained here since like Tuesday. If you have ever been to GLD its kinda in the farm land area and floods pretty easy. If I had to guess part of the grounds is under water.

Well, I am glad we rescheduled. I seen the weather and was like DAMN. No rain or snow.

It was pretty cloudy early on but cleared up as the day went. I knew rain wasn't the only thing that would close the track though. I've been there after a good rain and the entrance turns into a pond area. I willing to bet they had alot of standing water all over the place or they would have been open even with the cold possibly.

maybe a little.............
on another note midwestbird is itching to go to the track now...so maybe in the next month we might run up to byron :shifty:

thats kinda what i was thinking. i guess its my turn to try and plan something, hold on its gonna be bumpy lolol :D

k its as offical as it gets
the screw mother nature meet is a go for april 27th at the byron dragstrip in IL, if enough show interest of coming ill try to get us a discount at the track, check out my other thread for the info

Members online

No members online now.
Back