?? Day at the Track Spring Midwest Meet ??? let's Discuss??

So did you get to run? How'd you do?

They had just cleaned up the track and hadn't put any prep down. The Viper spun like crazy, the Stang spun like crazy. I spun and got out of it. It wasn't worth it going sideways. Coasted down the track and gave the finger to the timer on the way back.

Somebody bring some slicks tomorrow for stang 5 bolt pattern and I might show.

Openning day is crazy I know but I want to get a pass in.

Last year I got there, got to about 15-20 cars away in 1 hour or so. Then it started to rain. They had 4 lanes open for normal racers, I wass in the second closest to the field...trapped, couldn't even leave. Sat there 2 hours for it to stop to get my 1 run. Left the TC on ruined the run and left...

that sounds like when i went to Byron last year, we went on a day that a Subaru club went so there was 80 of them and they would sneak back in line and re-run so they would run 160 times then i would get 1 pass then another 2 hour wait.
and 02asdfghjkl; the wife says your woman needs to come (she dont wanna be alone lol)

Track conditions sucked pretty bad. 1/4 throttle I would break loose spinning no joke and then its like....your kinding, smash to the floor. I couldn't even get close to my 60' times with stock gears. I know it just wasn't me as I KILLED 2 late 90s Camaros one trapped 103@15.5??? and I was at least 10 cars ahead of him, the other costed down the track to a whopping 66mph. I think Bryan gave up after his first run. Lets hope its better next week, still fun to get out there and run again though. Looking foward to next week. I may mount some fatter tires I have laying around on to help the cause. I know its not just now having 4.10s, I can stand on it on any given street and barely spin...unless forced.

nice rich, lol
lets just hope they change the forcast..............:(
hey organizers? is there a club discount?

I saw the forecast too and they are calling for rain and snow. I will check on the club discount but if it is I would guess that it would have to be a large group.

I wasn't really thinking of even telling them we're a club. Not sure if any discounts would apply. Being only the second weekend and Ford Fun day can't imagine they would but who knows.

As it sits right now I have a customer set up to do a contract that day, just kinda happened but I'm going to work to reschedule it.

who ever set it up called and said that we were coming and we just said it at the gate, we even got trophies!! (i took second, got beat by a 13 sec sc bonne) i doubt GLD would have trophies but a discount would be cool

you better show up 02asdfghjkl; we most likely make breakfast but i will be at the track
on a side note project thundermark is ready and will be there as long as it dont snow :(

you better show up 02asdfghjkl; we most likely make breakfast but i will be at the track
on a side note project thundermark is ready and will be there as long as it dont snow :(

If I can't reschedule it entirely I'll push it back far into the day. It will be cool to meet Midwest.

I have bad news about sunday. Because of the weather they changed the date of my Daughter's only home outdoor meet to Sunday.

Sorry but I have to chose my family over the LvC family... Weather Sux...

I was planning on meeting up with Chicken on the way and having a fun time. Unless things with her meet change maybe.. we'll see

Jason and Patrick here's your chance to take this bull by the horns and make it good.

Hopefully the weather will work for us or we may have to reschedule it since so many things are coming up. I'll be watching the weather closely.

Question: Do they keep the track open even during bad weather?

This was my best weekend... I'm not free now for a while. Track meets are further away for the next 3 weeks and I also have a wedding in the beginning of May.

The weather does look like a pretty good chance of suckin.

Is this winter ever going to end.

I haven't rescheduled my appt yet. No need to if this is going to get rescheduled.

I'm open for anything guys........Rich, you have my Cell# Gimme a call and let me know either way. I'll be on the road @ 11:00 PM thursday night for Illinois.

If I don't go up there I'm gonna plan other things with friends and family.

Mike

Has anyone looked at the weather situation? I just looked and it says rain and snow mix and hight ov 37. What the plan, or backup plan?

Yes we're discussing the weather now.

If you look at the schedule it starts getting busy there. You don't want to go on a big event weekend as we will all just be sitting in the staging lanes waiting for our few passes. Those days aren't worth racing just watching, but I want everyone to get alot of runs in so thoses weekends are out.

June 8th to me looks like a good weekend, nothing going on there.

I'm down either way it goes. Just wanted to get a backup plan because the weather doesn't look like it's going to play nice.

I sure wish "Spring" wuz here. :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back