David Letterman drops bowling ball on Mk8

Its not even so much about the fact that it was a car like ours (even though that did irritate me) as it was the fact that it was a perfectly usable car. And it was in what we were left to assume was in good condition. They could have just as easily used a junk or wrecked car. And to top it off regardless of what kind of car it was or in what condition IT JUST WASN'T FUNNY!

Sorry if I offended you or any other Mark owner. For the record though regardless of what anybody says about my Mark VIII I will never be ashamed to own it!

Yeah, but you don't understand, it's just business. Why would they used a wrecked one, then wrecking it would have been even more pointless. They just needed to fill the show with something. I'm not ashamed to own my car, if I was, I wouldn't. But understand, Letterman just told america that they're 2500 dollar cars when they're in great condition. Why do we want more attention following that?

If someone has the means to accomplish what I mentioned in my last post, that would be hilarious for Leno or Fallon. I bet they'd grab it up, since it would be making fun of Lettermans behind the stage acts with his interns.

Leno/Fallon: "So, this has been brought to my attention. Some car enthusiasts saw letterman last night, and he crushed a car such as they are enthused to own. They made a clip that is a bit better than Lettermans, lets see that clip.." People would laugh.. I think?

Yeah, but you don't understand, it's just business. Why would they used a wrecked one, then wrecking it would have been even more pointless. They just needed to fill the show with something. I'm not ashamed to own my car, if I was, I wouldn't. But understand, Letterman just told america that they're 2500 dollar cars when they're in great condition. Why do we want more attention following that?

If someone has the means to accomplish what I mentioned in my last post, that would be hilarious for Leno or Fallon. I bet they'd grab it up, since it would be making fun of Lettermans behind the stage acts with his interns.

Leno/Fallon: "So, this has been brought to my attention. Some car enthusiasts saw letterman last night, and he crushed a car such as they are enthused to own. They made a clip that is a bit better than Lettermans, lets see that clip.." People would laugh.. I think?

I do see your point as well man really I do. And as far as wrecked I don't mean body damage only. I meant that as in any car that would be in a junk yard (I.e. blown engine, trans failure, trashed interior, various other mechanical issues).

The video edit could definitely makes its way to the airwaves!

I just think about it in these terms. Say your high school football team is bad. You know they're bad and everybody else knows it too. You still root for them though cause its your school and your team though ! Right? Now imagine that Letterman takes your school mascot and drops a bowling ball on it. Kinda pisses you off right?

Although I don't like mascots and the more I think about it THAT would be pretty damn funny! :D

It would be funny though if someone here got a big picture of Letterman and defaced it as bad as he did the car. Might make a good
Youtube clip.

Letterman is f'ing boring as hell............f him

i like Ferguson though.........

if they wanted to destroy a car, a Toyota would have made a whole lot more sense............

Well, I've never watched that show before.

Don't think I'll start now, either.

:mad:

My earliest years were spent in the back seat of a beige Morris Marina. :lol:

BL=epic fail.

Letterman is f'ing boring as hell............f him

i like Ferguson though.........

I totally agree!! F him! Always such a boring ass. We should meet and have a beer.

Edit: Nevermind. I noticed the ''F'' in ''Ferguson'' right beneath ''Letterman'' and after the amount I've had to drink earlier this evening I thought you said ''Frogman''.

Time for bed!

That car is still fine... perfect canidate for a convertible conversion... I be you could get it cheap too :)

the only way that would have been funny is if they were
trying to knock the wing of a Rice burner

Members online

No members online now.
Back