Cold days causing alarm to go off

OchoMarko

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Two days ago and then this morning, I'm guessing the temperature was in the 30's, my alarm would just go off for no reason. I'd disarm and rearm and then it would instantly go off again. So I would just keep it unlocked. Does anybody know what would cause this? Door or hood switch needing to be siliconed? Any other ideas or experience with this problem? Thanks!

Hood switch would make sense, I found out the switch under hood causes the alarm to go off just as you described when my alternator went bad, tried charging my battery (with the hood partially open) and the doors locked and the alarm would start going off after a few minutes. Maybe try cleaning the switch or just replace it, I'm sure its a cheap part.

On my94, my switch needed to be raised a bit so I found this clip that happened to fit right in there and it raised it up and then it was tightened. That worked for a while and then it started again. I jerked all of that stuff out of it and never heard it anymore unless I pushed "lock" on my remote twice real fast.

My 95 done it a few times and it turned out to be bad door jamb switches that were making my interior lights come on. Voltage draw would set it off. Since replacing the door jamb switches, the 95 hasn't done that anymore. When it does start again, the module will be pulled out of the car. If a real thief was going to steal it or get something out, that almost 2 decade technology isn't going to keep them out. It's not hard to get in a Mark with a factory alarm. Ever looked under the front of your bumper cover? The horns are right there to be unplugged. I disconnected mine about 3 years ago and installed a 147db siren and connected that to my horn and made the wires unreachable.

Well, cleaned both connectors pretty thoroughly with brake cleaner and plugged it in, still went off about 20 minutes later. Its not even cold today. I might just do what you said Diesel Dan and leave it disconnected. I'll clean and lube the door jambs next, albeit there is no door ajar message.

My alarm module found a final resting spot in the trunk 10 years ago and it's still there.

Easiest way to disable the antitheft system completely? It's just annoying.

Yeah I think it's coincidental. YOu just have one of your hinges causing it to trigger it. WD-40 the hell out of your doors, trunk & start slamming them a few times. See if that works. By the way dude its awesome seeing you in that car again. Not always does someone sell their car then a couple years later end up buying it back. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back