Cobra intake

Frogman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.
Would one of you guys with Cobra (or even stock, for that matter) intakes, please do me a favor if you have one of those no touch thermometers?

Next time you drive your car hard, would you mind getting some temperature readings around the intake? Top and sides would be perfect.

Why?

I'll PM you if you get me a temp reading.

Thanks.

I have a Laser temp probe. They are cheap at Oreillys, like $20. If nobody else can I will take a measurment when Sapper comes over Saturday.

I have a Laser temp probe. They are cheap at Oreillys, like $20. If nobody else can I will take a measurment when Sapper comes over Saturday.

Thanks manG. I'd really appreciate it. No big rush. If the temps are within what I'm looking for, then there might be a "rush".

Going to port that intake before you toss it my way? Such a nice guy! :lol:

Already ported, one of my Ninja midgets left it on your coffee table a few minutes ago.

That's not much of a reward. ;)

What would you like for a "reward", then? A cookie? :p

Would it really work with Laser's car? That Kenne Bell may f with some stuff that would otherwise be different, I would think....

Would it really work with Laser's car? That Kenne Bell may f with some stuff that would otherwise be different, I would think....

Frogman said upper intake which is where the kenne bell is so if laser was to uses it he would have no supercharger anymore

Frogman said upper intake which is where the kenne bell is so if laser was to uses it he would have no supercharger anymore

he said he would do it when sapperfire came over.... Sapperfire has a black second gen.... :rolleyes:

Would one of you guys with Cobra (or even stock, for that matter) intakes, please do me a favor if you have one of those no touch thermometers?

Next time you drive your car hard, would you mind getting some temperature readings around the intake? Top and sides would be perfect.

Why?

I'll PM you if you get me a temp reading.

Thanks.

my cobra intake reads around 132 +/- a couple across the top and 165 +/- at the gasket where it meets the lower.

ill run my 98 hard the last stretch to Bills house before i hit the dirt road, its a 45 minute drive so itll be nice and hot by the time i get there anyway

Frog i lost track of your other CF thread, are you still doing dash trims? i really dont like my wood much, and i would want the pieces on the door as well if youre interested in doing those

ill place the first bet that the average is going to be near 180 +/- 5

OK, got them measurements for you and temp readings.

The valve cover (not precise due to tape meaure) is:
21" L
4.5" H1
3" H2
10.5" W

IMGP0264.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back