chrome

Wow! He really hoses the stuff on there! Looks like it would be great for redoing headlights! ..... kinda want to do my calipers in it. :D

eastwood has a product that is 2 stage, the first thing you do is spray a gloss black base coat on what it is you want chrome, then the 2nd stage is the chrome product, you spray light coats over the gloss black and it turns the gloss black to chrome, its badass. they did the roof of a caddy for billy gibbons from zztop on rides with it, the :q:q:q:qing roof turned chrome right in front of them as they sprayed it, it was sick. chrome calipers would look sweet.

eastwood has a product that is 2 stage, the first thing you do is spray a gloss black base coat on what it is you want chrome, then the 2nd stage is the chrome product, you spray light coats over the gloss black and it turns the gloss black to chrome, its badass. they did the roof of a caddy for billy gibbons from zztop on rides with it, the :q:q:q:qing roof turned chrome right in front of them as they sprayed it, it was sick. chrome calipers would look sweet.

how would it holds up with the heat tho?

Yeah I wonder about heat capabilities too. Now chrome calipers that blued would look really cool!

A friend of mine had $12,000 invested in a Spectra Chrome spray machine and the chemicals to start with were $700. He had to go to Florida and stay for one week for training and he told me the whole process. Somewhere in there, something had to cure for 18 hours but it's been so long, I don't remember what it was.

He said it looked blue at first but it was him and 2 other guys that kinda went into business. One had the building and Brandon had the machine and the other guy was supposed to be drumming up the business. Turns out that they were doing other friends things in chrome behind each others backs and he ended up selling the machine but he did do his Suzuki 1100 in chrome. I saw the machine in his garage when I looked at the bike and it really done a good job. His calipers were done in chrome. If it's still holding up, idk. Haven't seen the bike in a while. His machine had 4 hoses and sprayers and the turntable and all the other options that could be bought with it.

It's based down around Jamie in Clearwater FL. and as for the training, they highly recommend going through it before leaving there with the equipment or having it delivered to your shop. He said it lasted for around a week.

http://www.sprayonchrome.com/index2.html

Members online

Back