Checking in...

Stangman

Project car a.d.d.
Reaction score
Havent been on here in quite a while... December I think?

Whats new around here? I see lots of usernames I don't remember before... Hopefully the community is still growing and not receding

Nothing new from me... My Mark is still in jackstand purgatory for the foreseeable future. Got a lot done to it but still have tons to go. Maybe it will be on the road this year... who knows. No hurry. The longer it sits the less rustier it gets and the lower the miles stay hahahaha!!

Take care all.

You and I are competing for the 'Will it ever be completed?' title, I believe, Jesse!

Mine has become a 'yard art' emblem for the last year (except now it is sitting high due to unknown air ride issues!).

Plenty of Marks still in existence, plenty of people still willing to keep the wheels rolling on the FN10. Hell, I passed a gorgeous Mark VII in traffic today, I think he was as pumped as I was. Something about these cars is, and always will be unique. I don't think they're going anywhere soon, except for the ones that the dullards wreck or crush. I'm still looking for a second '96. Welcome back, and good luck with getting that sled off of the stands!

Havent been on here in quite a while... December I think?

Whats new around here? I see lots of usernames I don't remember before... Hopefully the community is still growing and not receding

Nothing new from me... My Mark is still in jackstand purgatory for the foreseeable future. Got a lot done to it but still have tons to go. Maybe it will be on the road this year... who knows. No hurry. The longer it sits the less rustier it gets and the lower the miles stay hahahaha!!

Take care all.

Don't feel bad, my 97 has been off of the road on jack stands for 4 years now.

I'm still around too, (mostly on Facebook as most know.)

I need to get back to posting around here. Life intervenes though.

Mike

Plenty of Marks still in existence, plenty of people still willing to keep the wheels rolling on the FN10. Hell, I passed a gorgeous Mark VII in traffic today, I think he was as pumped as I was. Something about these cars is, and always will be unique. I don't think they're going anywhere soon, except for the ones that the dullards wreck or crush. I'm still looking for a second '96. Welcome back, and good luck with getting that sled off of the stands!

True.

I am in Chicago now and I saw a beautiful Gen II Mark VIII driving around. There are also so many Mark VIIIs for sale here in Chicago, more so then Florida I believe. Considering the newest Mark VIII is 17 years old now and low production numbers, you still see lots of them.

Thanks folks, forums just arent convenient anymore when everything nowadays is reduced to a simple "app" based program for a cell phone or tablet... and thats what most of us have in our hand most often.

True.

I am in Chicago now and I saw a beautiful Gen II Mark VIII driving around. There are also so many Mark VIIIs for sale here in Chicago, more so then Florida I believe. Considering the newest Mark VIII is 17 years old now and low production numbers, you still see lots of them.

But most are either c-rusty turds or typical neglected old luxury cars. :(
I'm about 40min North of the city and rarely see any, I'll go 3-4 months without seeing one.

As for the OT- Fb but still help out here when I can.

True.

Few months back I was looking for black on black, pickings were real slim. Found junk or I was late to the party. Now there are a few to choose from. Of course after I over paid for the one I found, only a little though[emoji19]

True.

Where in chicago are you? forgive me I recognize your user name but cant remember which mark you own. Im from mount prospect, I'm always on the lookout for mark viiis around here.

Antioch

I had to go to Michigan...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437135182.886354.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437135201.963453.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437135182.886354.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437135201.963453.jpg

Where in chicago are you? forgive me I recognize your user name but cant remember which mark you own. Im from mount prospect, I'm always on the lookout for mark viiis around here.

I actually just moved here 2 weeks ago and sadly I am not driving a Mark VIII around anymore because of an overheat problem which caused the HG to blow. I am currently driving around my 02 Town Car now. While not as fun to drive or park around here, it is reliable, got a V8 and is RWD.

I know what you mean Low, rust is a huge problem. I see so many cars around here that are rusted, and that's one thing you won't find in a southern car. But so far there are so many to chose from and MAYBE there is one good one around here that was not driven in the winter. Hell, there are two collector editions for sale here, I was thinking about checking them out just to see but I don't really need an extra car here and we got too many Mark VIIIs at my house in FL to get another one lol.

Saw another one today. 2 in 2 weeks so far.
photo_zps5nhdewqw.jpg

I actually just moved here 2 weeks ago and sadly I am not driving a Mark VIII around anymore because of an overheat problem which caused the HG to blow. I am currently driving around my 02 Town Car now. While not as fun to drive or park around here, it is reliable, got a V8 and is RWD.

I know what you mean Low, rust is a huge problem. I see so many cars around here that are rusted, and that's one thing you won't find in a southern car. But so far there are so many to chose from and MAYBE there is one good one around here that was not driven in the winter. Hell, there are two collector editions for sale here, I was thinking about checking them out just to see but I don't really need an extra car here and we got too many Mark VIIIs at my house in FL to get another one lol.

Saw another one today. 2 in 2 weeks so far.
photo_zps5nhdewqw.jpg

are you actually living in Chicago or a suburb? That picture looks like a city street..

When does the Chicago Milwaukee crew get together?I need a push to get mine purdy upt and out and about more often...

While I certainly appreciate the lincoln loyalty :) you need to get back on the Mark. I drove my new to me Mark for the first time in weeks over the weekend and i dont know how i let me self not to. it does really need a bath OMG is dirty, maybe that will help.

Any ways, i could not believe how hard it was to find a black on black Mark, i didnt car if it was an LSC that much. If I recall B on B had the highest production numbers... for the most part i think. They are easy to find around here, kinda. I found several that had close to 200K and the air ride was gone, dash hacked for a radio, spoilers added, seats and\or mirrors didnt work, bad paint jobs, trashed interior that looked good in pictures, all with a description of "looks and runs great for the year".

I finaly got my 4.10 gears and posi ready. I am now hunting for a looser convertor. Over the winter i will do the convertor and gear swap. I need to rebuild the front end too, hence i am holding up on the new tires she sooooo needs.

Hope i didnt hi-jack to badly.... :)

While I certainly appreciate the lincoln loyalty :) you need to get back on the Mark.

I do miss driving a Mark VIII every day but in some ways having a TC here is better for me where I don't have a place to work at or tools to fix the car. I am not worrying about air suspension, had so much space for the move from FL to IL, TC just glides over the HARSH roads IL has over here, so much better in rain (hopefully in snow also IF I have to drive in it) and can I say REGULAR gas. Gas is so expensive here compared to Florida.

Anyways saw another one, surprisingly the neon worked but the car itself was in pretty bad shape, especially the front.

photo%201_zpsptdjfdob.jpg

Just an FYI since you own a black on black Mark VIII, here is a parts car if you need anything.
https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5144767979.html

there arent many mark viii meets around here except for the Boscobel Wi meet that just came and went. There are a few members from the chicago area that i hang with, two of them are down in Lockport which is about a 40 min drive for me since im from Mt. Prospect. You should meet up with us sometime soon.

I do miss driving a Mark VIII every day but in some ways having a TC here is better for me where I don't have a place to work at or tools to fix the car. I am not worrying about air suspension, had so much space for the move from FL to IL, TC just glides over the HARSH roads IL has over here, so much better in rain (hopefully in snow also IF I have to drive in it) and can I say REGULAR gas. Gas is so expensive here compared to Florida.

Anyways saw another one, surprisingly the neon worked but the car itself was in pretty bad shape, especially the front.

Just an FYI since you own a black on black Mark VIII, here is a parts car if you need anything.
https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5144767979.html

Yes! I need a steering wheel and rear Ballast. Thanks man. Btw I hear ya on the TC ride on Illinois roads.

Nothing new from me... My Mark is still in jackstand purgatory for the foreseeable future. Got a lot done to it but still have tons to go. Maybe it will be on the road this year... who knows.

Still post from time to time.
Do something on her everyday to keep the interest flowing it will get done.
Mine was on stands for over two years what came out of the garage is hard to use as a daily driver.
But it sure is fun to drive... 3rd gear from 50 mph to 85 mph is crazy fun.

I might know of a steering wheel....ballast get a glitch.
I assume its blk int?
Yep Black... It seems there are a couple of different blacks. The newer, mine is a 98, seems to be a softer shade while the earlier ones are a darker. I could be wrong...

Members online

Back