Check out this thing!

MarkVIII93

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
lemonsmarkviii.jpg

And this sweet custom skirted mark...(wouldnt look bad without skirts)
http://www.motortopia.com/vehicles/view/p/cars/v/13640/i/hot_rod_lincoln

i have seen that first pic before.

the second one looks like a 49 merc mark viii lol.

Yeah that was from the 24 hours of lemons. That was the race in CT, both pictures. I was in the same race with an 89 cougar XR7, and I'm doing it again this year. It's definitely a lot of fun. I think they are going to keep running that MarkVIII but convert it to a T45.

Yeah that was from the 24 hours of lemons. That was the race in CT, both pictures. I was in the same race with an 89 cougar XR7, and I'm doing it again this year. It's definitely a lot of fun. I think they are going to keep running that MarkVIII but convert it to a T45.

an 89 xr7.....isnt that the supercoupe model of the cougar with the 3.8L supercharged?

an 89 xr7.....isnt that the supercoupe model of the cougar with the 3.8L supercharged?

It was. It now has a carbed 5.0 in it. We got the car for free with no title and no top end of the motor, so it was the perfect car to turn into a lemons race car.

It was. It now has a carbed 5.0 in it. We got the car for free with no title and no top end of the motor, so it was the perfect car to turn into a lemons race car.

very nice, those supercharged 3.8 cougars are hard to find... I have a 93 tbird with a 5.0ho in it with 200k miles that might be the perfect candidate for this race(after its fixed up a little).

The 89 was a great start for the racecar cause it already had a 5-speed and the stiffer springs and sway bars. So it was basically gut the car, put in a cage, drop in a junkyard motor, and run it. They aren't that hard to find, just hard to find in good condition. I also have an 89XR7 that I was working on, but I might end up scrapping it cause it needs floors and rockers, and the dash is starting to crack, and it needs a full paint job, and by the time I am done it would just be way too much work. Plus I just bought 2 SC tbirds, a 93 and a 94, so I really don't need 3 SCs, plus my 91 cougar, plus my MarkVIII, plus all my other toys.

At least that mark went out with some dignity unlike those destroyed in c4c.

They should have just shipped all of the cash for clunker cars off to some big ass demolition derby... :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back