buying another viii

87TTOPGT420

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
found '97 lsc black on light grey 165, 000kms (tick over 100, 000miles) broken cup holder and ash tray, drivers seat is worn but not rippeed, neon in/op, atleast 1 bad cop, and bad exhaust leak $400

will post pics tommorow...will decide whether to part it or not once I get it up on the hoist and running right so I can test drive....kind of excited takes away some of the winter blues

ya pretty much what I figured... $400 for a gen 2 in just about any state is worth buying in most cases

I truely hope its worth saving even if it goes a year or 2 winter duty...but from what I saw its not in much worse shape then my 98...and if so...ill save it

1hr till i go get it...hopefully it can make the 20min drive home...if it even starts lol ran 6 weeks ago before the weather droped in the single digits...or for us canadians it was -15degrees celsius at 1pm today

made it home....barely...no heat then it started over heating had to pull over twice...but made it....real solid car only issue well driving is a bad shock mount in rear and exhaust...and lets hope the head gaskets arent cooked lol...I think coolant leaked out as it drove half way without a problem...and gauge slowly spiked...and def has a bad coil or plug..missing at times

pics tommorow its to dark

made it home....barely...no heat then it started over heating had to pull over twice...but made it....real solid car only issue well driving is a bad shock mount in rear and exhaust...and lets hope the head gaskets arent cooked lol...I think coolant leaked out as it drove half way without a problem...and gauge slowly spiked...and def has a bad coil or plug..missing at times

pics tommorow its to dark

Make sure you check the radiator fan operation. The connector can get flakey.

Make sure you check the radiator fan operation. The connector can get flakey.

At -15*c I don't think the fan would ever come on.
It was -11*f here this morning which is -23*c... Or something like that. I can tell you the fan in my wife's car didn't kick on once, even at idle.

for a car from a area where they dump salt by the tons...its actually in real good shape...this old girl is defiently a car to be saved...probably in better shape then my 98

ebony interior swap all I need is the front seats and cupholder/ashtray

update and pics

bled coolant, installed missing portion of exhaust 3rd cat and rear o2's also required cylinded 6 cop

so far burned about $60 of fuel through it and seems to be ok...has great heat and temp gauge stays at half...car will require rear shocks and mounts and the usual front end treatment...air ride works great and front bags. look to be in great shape and ride nice. For what I paid I feel I did well and with a few bucks will make a fantastic fixer up

a few pics
20130223_162312_zps41b8a293.jpg

20130223_162320_zps83bcc2e2.jpg

20130223_162259_zps29b209ee.jpg

20130223_162242_zpsd21320a3.jpg

damn NICE score for $400!!!

i want to find a nice 2nd gen to add to my collection.

there really is not a better car out there for $400

I'm reall happy been driving it daily and no real complaints. ..lots of people can't believe what I paid for it

Members online

Back