Bumper repaint

owlman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What's a normal price to repaint the rear bumper? Somebody hit my parked car and didn't leave a note. I walked around the whole lot looking for a white car with fresh damage but no luck.
Is it worth even calling my insurance? My deductible is $500 so I'm guessing not. :(

Sorry to hear that, I said in another thread I was getting my bumpers and the lower valances painted with my new spoiler, The reason the rear bumper is getting painted is because someone did the same thing to my car on base.

I am paying about $800.00 for both bumpers, ground effects? and spoiler. So I would think just painting the bumper should be cheaper than $500.

Take your car to your local body and paint shops and get some estimates from your area, then you will know if you should get your insurance company involved.

it will probably be about 400, because they will have to strip down and sand the existing paint.

It is going to be about $500 total to spray my bumper & hood, but both are brand new - unpainted.

first off how much damage take a pic and post it. if its just paint they can do spot painting for around 200 or less depending on your color, i painted my front bumber, rear bumber and quarter panel all done for 500 and i did it in New york city so i bet you can get it done for cheaper around your area.

Thanks guys, I'll call some shops on Monday.

here's a pic: It's down to the plastic along the top scratch and a spot in the middle
(please ignore all the dirt lol)

damage.jpg

Is it just a scratch or is there a crease in the plastic? Either way I would think you're looking at less than $500... Just call a couple places you think to be respectable, and ask em how much to respray a bumper.

That really sucks that you have to deal with the crap someone else did, but thats life... to bad you can't shoot irresponible, no integrity haveing fools.

LOL that may have been extreme, but thats how I feel.

Hit a few local shops. Tell them you are paying cash. No receipt. No paperwork. Off the books.;) See if they will cut you a nice break.

If its a simple sand and paint, $300. If they actaully have to "work" on it, $400-$500.

WTF, it happened again to the same spot! I hadn't repaired the old damage. Now it looks worse, and this time they also hit the quarter panel and a little of the tail light! Someone at my apartment complex is a very bad driver. I must find the culprit...

Or get an extremely sensitive car alarm, with a remote that lets you know, so you can run out and try to see who it was.

I'd lose my :q:q:q:qing my mind if that happened to me, let alone TWICE.

PERIODICALLY look out your window, look for any WHITE cars parked on that side of your car. Then wait for the owner to come out and confront the son of a gun...or just beat him down...which ever you prefer.

I'd go with the confront him and get his insurance, and if he doesnt comply...then go from there. Beating someone down doesn't get you paid, it gets you jailed, and sometimes...laid...with a man...but lets not...no..lets not talk about that.

My front bumper cover needs a repaint. It's an aftermarket LSE bumper cover that I got new from someone on this site 3 years ago. Took it to local body shop that apparently didnt get the flex additive mix right. Been flaking and peeling for a year now. Time to get it redone.

Will it reduce my costs any if I remove my bumper cover and take it in vs having them do it while its on the car?

Will it reduce my costs any if I remove my bumper cover and take it in vs having them do it while its on the car?

I'm wondering that also. I would say yeah cause they wouldn't have to cover the whole car to paint the bumper, but who knows.

That sucks. This chick hit my ls with the door once, I almost got out and kicked a whole through her door but let it slide cause it didn't do anything. It was just a little tap.

I would put a camera looking at your car to see who parks next to it and who hits it

My front bumper cover needs a repaint. It's an aftermarket LSE bumper cover that I got new from someone on this site 3 years ago. Took it to local body shop that apparently didnt get the flex additive mix right. Been flaking and peeling for a year now. Time to get it redone.

Just got one estimate from what I think is a reputable shop nearby.

$487 to sand it down and respray with the bumper cover on the car.
$361 to sand it down and respray with me removing the cover and bringing it in to them, then re-installing the cover myself.

Will get two more estimates then I'll make a move.

I'd lose my :q:q:q:qing my mind if that happened to me, let alone TWICE.

PERIODICALLY look out your window, look for any WHITE cars parked on that side of your car. Then wait for the owner to come out and confront the son of a gun...or just beat him down...which ever you prefer.

I'd go with the confront him and get his insurance, and if he doesnt comply...then go from there. Beating someone down doesn't get you paid, it gets you jailed, and sometimes...laid...with a man...but lets not...no..lets not talk about that.

lmao, i want to know, sounds like a funny yet intriguing story...about a man, an ls, and some angry/horny prisoners...

Are your windows tinted? Camp it out in the LS, maybe it's someone dropping off someone who lives near? Man I would flip thats just me...

I acutally repainted my front bumper, mirrors, mclaren grille, tool box, and 1 scuba cylinder for about $120 in materials and a $60 HVLP gun. I got the paint and clear mixed at NAPA and used plastic primer in a rattle can. I never painted before, but I set up a small paint booth and had real good results-I am the only person that sees the differance. There are no reputable body shops down here within 140 miles.

Wow maybe he/she is targeting you're LS?
You may be right! :shifty: Look what happened yesterday, parked visiting my parents in a different part of town!
Now it's two claims and two deductibles grrrrr
Whoever did it this time left a hunk of plastic from their bumper, which the police took into evidence (or threw away who knows).

If any Austinites have a recommendation for a body shop please let me know. Thanks! Insurance is sending me to Caliber on Manchaca for the appraisal; I've never had to have any body/paint work done before thankfully, so I don't have any shop experience.

damage3.jpg

How big is the complex? All you need to find is a white car with red paint on it.

It's pretty big, there's probably like 200 cars. I did walk around both times but didn't find anyone. Could have been some visitor or delivery or anything. Also most of the big white marks appear to be clearcoat scratches so I'm not sure if it was a white car or not, there would not be much red paint on theirs at least from the first hit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back